Is Evgeni Malkin Now The Penguins' Best Player?

MalkinsPierogi

Aug 15, 2016
Indiana, PA
It surprises me that so many men dont get what I mean. Its fine I guess

I understand what you're saying. If he were a teams first line player and had a top winger instead of having another top c on his team he would have the potential to have been the greatest player of the era by a landslide. I.e. put up like 150 points instead of 109. I get the idea, but Malkin is already playing with Phil, who is one of the best RW in the game, all while ALSO getting 2nd pairing matchups. I'd say he's in the best possible position to succeed that he could be in. Malkin is better than Sid when he wants to be, but I think he achieved as much as someone could ask of him despite of his injuries.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i think its always been clear the player who can dominate more than anyone has always been malkin

but he rarely has had to do it. when he has though, we’ve seen what happens. its a question thats really impossible to ever answer due to the circumstances

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I understand what you're saying. If he were a teams first line player and had a top winger instead of having another top c on his team he would have the potential to have been the greatest player of the era by a landslide. I.e. put up like 150 points instead of 109. I get the idea, but Malkin is already playing with Phil, who is one of the best RW in the game, all while ALSO getting 2nd pairing matchups. I'd say he's in the best possible position to succeed that he could be in. Malkin is better than Sid when he wants to be, but I think he achieved as much as someone could ask of him despite of his injuries.

With Malkin, he's given me the impression that when need to, he'll step up and dominate like no other in this league. (Offensively) If you take the 08 season or the 12, where Crosby goes down and Malkin just goes on a crusade... It's not just racking points, he just controls the whole ice with his presence. At the same time, his comfort zone isn't in the prime light and ultimately, I think that's where he prefers to be.

Reactions: MalkinsPierogi

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Aside from last year Crosby has been better defensively than Malkin his entire NHL career. And yes he gets the harder matchups almost every game.

This is BS. Malkin started one year later than Crosby, know who first got Selke votes? Yes thats right, Malkin in 2009.

Everything is subjective but I think you are dead wrong, Malkin plays a different defence than Crosby and hes better.

Both are at most above-average though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad