Is Elias Lindholm Overrated; Was Vancouver's Chemistry Interrupted?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
you're right canucks are a powerhouse for the next 10 years

Hughes is only 24 so its possible, but I'd more comfortably say 5.

Maybe for less than 6 x 4 yrs but I doubt he'd settle for this kind of money.

6.5 x 5? That's 32.5M. Its hard to say, alot of teams like him but he has dipped massively in production since Johnny left. I wonder what his leverage is.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Joshua's value isn't in the offense, though its a plus, he does have solid enough hands & an ability to make plays.

His value is more in work along the walls; protecting pucks & turning pucks over, Defensively being very strong (a top PKer on our team), and good enough offensive skill to capitalize on opportunities.

Without Garland he couldn't create enough offense to have his current stats, but he's certainly got enough skill & is a great complimentary piece that brings other elements too. Hardly a knock as he's a legit good 3rd line player.

Yeah he's probably a good 3rd line player, but his GF% 5v5 this season is like 63% which is Patrice Bergeron territory.

The guy isn't going to be able to replicate that in the future.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I have such strong feelings of Loui Eriksson...

Season removed from career year...
Good IQ player... But now praised for doing the the little things well, while offensive production falls off.

At least Lindholm hasn't been paid by the Canucks yet.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The question was half did he interrupt the Canucks' chemistry. In that regard, I take it some of the PDO regression is just addressing that they were bound to hit a bad patch of games where the puck wasn't going their way. If that's the case, it follows that it wasn't a Lindholm jinx.
He joined Van at the ASG break. Then the Canucks played 11 games in 19 days. Think they had 1 maybe 2 full practices in that stretch. Now, he's up to 16 games played. So, these TDL deals, these guys are only going to get around 18 games to gel with their new team.

Reactions: DamonDRW

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Easily their most complete player. If that addition messes up your chemistry it probably was a flawed roster to begin with. We'll see I guess.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Easily their most ""complete"" player. If that addition messes up your chemistry it probably was a flawed roster to begin with. We'll see I guess.

Easily?
Not the 100 point center who, who led the league in short handed scoring while being recognized in the selke voting, and is also 6th in 5v5 scoring during the past 2 seasons.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The NHL shouldn't have hyped Lindholm up during All-Star weekend in Toronto where they had Elias do sit down interviews with his new teammates.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
He joined Van at the ASG break. Then the Canucks played 11 games in 19 days. Think they had 1 maybe 2 full practices in that stretch. Now, he's up to 16 games played. So, these TDL deals, these guys are only going to get around 18 games to gel with their new team.
So we agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad