Is Crosby still a top 5 center?

what do you think?

• Total voters

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think just on the outside at this point. Still a great player though. I hope the Pens can make another run with Sid at some point.

Reactions: slapKing

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
In my opinion, he is #5 right now.

McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews

I have him behind these players.

For anyone else? Ask yourself if you would take that player ahead of Crosby if you were a Stanley Cup contender and were starting the playoffs tomorrow.

I think only a player like Point would have a legitimate argument, considering what he did in the playoffs last year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hard to say. He's got an argument for taking that 5th spot, but at the same time I wouldn't argue to strongly if anyone mentioned about 4 or 5 guys who also deserve that 5th spot.

Pretty much. He hasn't clearly been one since the 18-19 season, but I don't think anyone has solidified their case either and his injury and weird covid season make it hard to judge his play at face value.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid
Draisaitl
MacKinnon
Matthews
Barkov

Then there are guys like Point, Schiefele, and some others.

At this point, no probably not. Father Time catches up to us all.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
In my opinion, he is #5 right now.

McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews

I have him behind these players.

For anyone else? Ask yourself if you would take that player ahead of Crosby if you were a Stanley Cup contender and were starting the playoffs tomorrow.

I think only a player like Point would have a legitimate argument, considering what he did in the playoffs last year.

Well ya in a cup run right now I'm betting on him over anyone besides McDavid at this point. But that doesnt mean hes a top 5 center right now.

This season though its impossible to rank him above McDavid, Mackinnon, Drai or Matthews for sure. But man Barkov is lights out, hes a selke calibre defensive player that is having a great year. He used to be underrated but I think hes being rated top 5ish now fairly regularly. A guy who is still underrated though is Scheifele. Everytime I've watcghed him this year he controls the entire game

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's probably somewhere in the 6 to 10 range now. Still a quality player at his age but there are younger centers who are better now.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No probably not.

But I don't think that means that on any given night he can't still be the best player in the world.

He's just not that player on as consistent a basis.

Reactions: slapKing

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd probably still take him 4th or 5th. He's not just a productive guy, he's someone who still makes his wingers significantly better. Almost feels more like it's a product of a couple other guys really raising their game, than Crosby dropping off particularly harshly or anything though. Which makes it tricky, because it's kind of tempting to give the benefit of the doubt to "the incumbent" with a toss-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad