Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

PricePkPatch*

It allows for none of Beaulieu or Tinner to contend themselves with basic play

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Jesus Christ people relax! If he is back it's gonna be as 7th D. Good insurance policy to have in case something happens. And let's be honest, Bouillon is bad but he's still an "OK" 7th D to have.

1. That was what he was supposed to be last year. It didn't play out that way.

2. If you insist on carrying around the corpse of a once decent defenseman as a reserve 7, there are much better looking dead bodies out there than Boullion.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Makes

No

Sense

Only reason why we'd do this is because he's MT's boy. Totally baffling and stupid move. I hope to God this is not true because it's just a totally senseless move to make for us right now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I mean why wouldn't we want Bou over anyone of the following UFA defencmen that could be had for a song???????!!!!!!!!!!

Pitkanen, Joni » D CAR 30
Jovanovski, Ed » D FLA 38
Salo, Sami » D TBL 39
Tallinder, Henrik » D BUF 35
Morris, Derek » D ARI 36
Sarich, Cory » D COL 36
O'Brien, Shane » D CGY 31
McBain, Jamie » D BUF 26
Rome, Aaron » D DAL 30
Brookbank, Sheldon » D CHI 33
Diaz, Raphael » D NYR 28
Lee, Brian » D TBL 27
Whitney, Ryan » D FLA 31
Corvo, Joe » D OTT 37
Colaiacovo, Carlo » D STL 31
Komisarek, Mike » D CAR 32
Martinek, Radek » D NYI 37
Alberts, Andrew » D VAN 33
Syvret, Danny » D NYR 29
Peckham, Theo » D CHI 26

Just sayin' there MUST be one or two better options on this list. If there isn't, no problem! We still have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Nygren we can use for the 1 spot left on this teams defence.

OMG, so agry now.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
The Bouillon hate is so overblown. He's a fine #6/7# d-man and if he's depth only I have no problems with it.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
More realistically, unless they both play really well, is that one of Beaulieu and Tinordi are in the team, the other is getting big minutes in the AHL (probably interchanging, again dependent on performance) and Boullion is 7th D, sitting in the press box.

That would be an entirely sensible arrangement and preferable to Tinordi or Beaulieu spending too much time with the NHL team when they aren't actually icing.
Tinordi & Beaulieu should both be full-time members of the NHL team this year. They should be participating in NHL practices all year. They should each be playing 50+ games this year (platooning with Weaver and/or as injuries arise). There's no more need for this shuffling-back-and-forth crap, no more need to hold these two back.

The only reservation I have is Therrien actually executing that arrangement.
He frigging well won't, we all know it, and Bergevin knows it too, which makes this potential signing all the more infuriating. If Bouillon is on this roster, he becomes the de facto #6 D in Therrien's eyes, and he will take way too many games & minutes away from both of the guys who frankly deserve it more at this point.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
This means reduced ice time for tinordi and beaulieu.. And all but secures we lose Nygren.

Baffling..

agree with all but the "baffling" part.

Pretty consistent with how management has been operating thus far.

it made sense in year one (giving coach a depth player he was familiar/comfortable with, even if said player was both overpaid in their role and not the best fit for on-ice team needs).

it made less sense in year two

it makes no sense in year three

Pateryn & Nygren are internal prospects who would be both better fits and make more sense... but i can appreciate the desire for some veteran depth

that said...I can appreciate the desire for some veteran depth

but there are a bunch of unsigned vets who would be upgrades over bouillon, even in a depth role.

and beyond that, I am no fan of the fighting in the NHL... but right now it is a big part of the game, and we have no one in the lineup who can handle that job vs teams who use the intimidation aspect to their advantage. Prust & Weise should not be expected to handle that themselves.

A depth Dman who can support in that role, and be happy to sit in the press box when not needed, is what we need roster-wise.

Fraser, Brookbank, O'brien, are all available and would be better fits.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The Bouillon hate is so overblown. He's a fine #6/7# d-man and if he's depth only I have no problems with it.

its not "hate" to point out that there are better options available, nor the reality that our current head coach overestimates Bouillion's contributions on-ice.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
What kind of names are you thinking of, out of interest?

Sarich would probably be at the top of the list.

But plenty of guys like Colliacovo, Brookbank, Tallinder etc. You shouldn't have to worry about injuries and fragility with players you have no intention of playing more than a couple games anyway. I would look at ahead of Boullion. The guy was flat out awful for Montreal in a depth role, I'd lay good money you could sign the top AHL free agent defenseman and get a much better pressbox guy.

In any event, I think the smartest thing to do with that roster spot is to give Nygren a chance to be in Montreal, even if he doesn't play many games to start.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
Whatever, if he signs, I'm sure it's like for 1m. But still, this club doesn't need to sign him, it's just not at all a need. If we want a backup, let's just got with Pateryn, who can score. He's also a 6'2 214lbs guy and needs to get some time to see if he'll fit here as a bottom pairing guy.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

:shakehead

...absolutely ludricrous decision, if it happens...bordering on disasterous...we have 4 young NHL-ready Dmen competeing for an open spot & playing time and we're thinking of bringing back Boo Boo (for insurance, yeah right :rant: )...WTF is Bergevin thinking??...isn't he the one that wanted the young kids to get their chance??...:rant: :shakehead :rant:

...we need to fire Therrien right ****ing now...:rant:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Tinordi & Beaulieu should both be full-time members of the NHL team this year. They should be participating in NHL practices all year. They should each be playing 50+ games this year (platooning with Weaver and/or as injuries arise). There's no more need for this shuffling-back-and-forth crap, no more need to hold these two back.

He frigging well won't, we all know it, and Bergevin knows it too, which makes this potential signing all the more infuriating. If Bouillon is on this roster, he becomes the de facto #6 D in Therrien's eyes, and he will take way too many games & minutes away from both of the guys who frankly deserve it more at this point.

I think if they sign Bouillon, Subban should hold out and demand a trade.

Pretty obvious that if Bouillon is signed it will cut heavily into Subban's ice time with Bouillon playing 33-35 minutes a night the last 2 years under Therrien, cause on HF boards we know Therrien wants him as the #1 dog...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think if they sign Bouillon, Subban should hold out and demand a trade.

Pretty obvious that if Bouillon is signed it will cut heavily into Subban's ice time with Bouillon playing 33-35 minutes a night the last 2 years under Therrien, cause on HF boards we know Therrien wants him as the #1 dog...

Because that's what he was saying when he said 6th D man.. Come on. You can't even admit Bouillon is done and that there are better options for a vet #7??

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Could we get a sign with a side by side of Beau Tinner Bou Pateryn and Nygren with a sign under that reads "One of these things just doesn't belong here" and put it up at the Bell Centre offices??

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Every team in the NHL has had all summer to sign him. I'm fairly confident he hasn't received any offers.

Why the **** do we want him back? It makes no sense. Guy is not an NHL defenseman anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad