Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Distressing news! One roster spot wasted. How much cap space reduced by this indulgence?

With a sufficiently ruthless GM, the cap hit doesn't really matter because he can be sent to the AHL and 900k will be taken off the cap.

I'm more concerned about the coach.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
You guys underestimate Bouillon way too much.

How can you post that the Habs have a top 4 dmen squad and then post something like this? I don't think you're evaluating talent properly. Bouillon is not even NHL level anymore.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
He has to be a backup plan right? With all this talk about letting the kids step up and making room for them on the roster what is the point of bringing back bouillon?

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I guess we had to sign him to compensate the fact that Bob Gainey put a gun on his head and forced him to play in the playoff few years ago when he was injured.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
mach.gif

G Man 77

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
Bergevin keeps saying there is no thing as too much depth on D.. he'd rather sign a cheap/solid 7-8th D now that use a pick to trade for one during the season.
He's a guy you don't mind having in the press box all season, while Tinordi/Pateryn get one last year to play big minutes in the AHL.

If there's a long-term injury who even call up one of the youngsters from AHL and leave Bouillon on the bench.

Next year you let Weaver & Bouillon exit and the 2 AHLers move up for good.

That's a scenario I can live with.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Weaver
Bouillon

And with Markov, Subban, Gilbert & Beaulieu.. there is NO scenario where I ever want to see Bouillon playing PP ever again. Put a 4th forward if you have to, else just decline the penalty.. nobody is more proficient at getting his shots from the blueline blocked, it's just sad.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Bergevin keeps saying there is no thing as too much depth on D.. he'd rather sign a cheap/solid 7-8th D now that use a pick to trade for one during the season.
He's a guy you don't mind having in the press box all season, while Tinordi/Pateryn get one last year to play big minutes in the AHL.

If there's a long-term injury who even call up one of the youngsters from AHL and leave Bouillon on the bench.

Next year you let Weaver & Bouillon exit and the 2 AHLers move up for good.

That's a scenario I can live with.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Weaver
Bouillon

And with Markov, Subban, Gilbert & Beaulieu.. there is NO scenario where I ever want to see Bouillon playing PP ever again. Put a 4th forward if you have to, else just decline the penalty.. nobody is more proficient at getting his shots from the blueline blocked, it's just sad.

We already have Drewiske for that.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Jesus Christ people relax! If he is back it's gonna be as 7th D. Good insurance policy to have in case something happens. And let's be honest, Bouillon is bad but he's still an "OK" 7th D to have.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Which is what I hope Bouillon will be doing.

More realistically, unless they both play really well, is that one of Beaulieu and Tinordi are in the team, the other is getting big minutes in the AHL (probably interchanging, again dependent on performance) and Boullion is 7th D, sitting in the press box.

That would be an entirely sensible arrangement and preferable to Tinordi or Beaulieu spending too much time with the NHL team when they aren't actually icing.

The only reservation I have is Therrien actually executing that arrangement.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If we re sign bouillon and he doesn't start a game as Subbans partner all season long.. I will wear a user choice avatar and user title for the entire off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad