Is any one else feeling different about this year?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You think leaf fans should be cheering on Dubas for his performance. I think leaf fans should be protesting Dubas.

Are you going to lead the cheering session?

See? Opinions can happen on the internet without action. I'm applying the same standards to you as I apply to myself.

No? Not at all. I never once said. “Leaf fans should be flat out cheering dubas outside of the arena”. I said matthews and nylander were within the ranges of historical contracts. I said I wanted him to wait until last to go for marner. Now it looks like marner is 1-1.5 overpaid

You said leaf fans should be flat out protesting. Outside.

If you are REALLY applying consistent standards. You are saying that leaf fans should be protesting outside.

So if YOU are a leafs fan As you claim.
AND you think leafs fans should protest.

You should protest. Be PSYCHOTICALLY Consistent.

I DEMAND it.

Remember?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
No? Not at all. I never once said. “Leaf fans should be flat out cheering dubas outside of the arena”. I said matthews and nylander were within the ranges of historical contracts. I said I wanted him to wait until last to go for marner. Now it looks like marner is 1-1.5 overpaid

You said leaf fans should be flat out protesting. Outside.

If you are REALLY applying consistent standards. You are saying that leaf fans should be protesting outside.

So if YOU are a leafs fans. As you claim.
AND you think leafs fans should protest.

You should protest. Be PSYCHOTICALLY Consistent.

I DEMAND it.

Remember?
I would gladly join the protest.

Just as you would gladly join the Dubas cheering session.

I'm just not willing to organize it. Neither are you.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I would gladly join the protest.

Just as you would gladly join the Dubas cheering session.

I'm just not willing to organize it. Neither are you.

So you demand consistency at all times. But you expect others to start the protest for you.

Which is your idea?

Hmmmmmm

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
So you demand consistency at all times. But you expect others to start the protest for you.

Which is your idea?

Hmmmmmm
So in saying that leaf fans should be protesting Dubas... that means that I have to lead the protest? What the f*** are you talking about?

If someone said "People should be cheering on Matthews", that means that they should be organizing pro Matthews rallies? What on earth?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So in saying that leaf fans should be protesting Dubas... that means that I have to lead the protest? What the **** are you talking about?

If someone said "People should be cheering on Matthews", that means that they should be organizing pro Matthews rallies? What on earth?

You said. People should be outside protesting...... and you would. So do it.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
You said. People should be outside protesting...... and you would. So do it.
Sure would.

It doesn't mean I'm going to be the leader/organizer of the movement.

All of those millions of people protesting against climate change the past few weeks didn't "lead" the protest. They joined it.

I would 100% join a anti-Dubas protest.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Sure would.

It doesn't mean I'm going to be the leader/organizer of the movement.

All of those millions of people protesting against climate change the past few weeks didn't "lead" the protest. They joined it.

I would 100% join a anti-Dubas protest.

Well it’s the person who has the idea. Which you just did. Who organizes it. You get that right.

Regardless fine.

So if we organize it? Right now.

630pm. Outside the “acc.”

Bring a megaphone and signs.

Boom. Organized.

So you will be there?

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Well it’s the person who has the idea. Which you just did. Who organizes it. You get that right.

Regardless fine.

So if we organize it? Right now.

630pm. Outside the “acc.”

Bring a megaphone and signs.

Boom. Organized.

So you will be there?
Take every issue in the world that you think is a big deal and that people should protest about. It's probably A LOT of things, right?

Why aren't you leading those protests?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Take every issue in the world that you think is a big deal and that people should protest about. It's probably A LOT of things, right?

Why aren't you leading those protests?

????

You suggested it. You think it is what needs to happen.

I’m not claiming anything should be protested.

You are. It’s the onus on the person.

Do you think MLKs speech was “someone else has a dream. So I joined too?”

I just organized it. Do it. Or shut up about it here

Reactions: Auston 316

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
????

You suggested it. You think it is what needs to happen.

I’m not claiming anything should be protested.

You are. It’s the onus on the person.

Do you think MLKs speech was “someone else has a dream. So I joined too?”

I just organized it. Do it. Or shut up about it here
Is there any issue in the world you think is worthy of protest? I'd imagine there's thousands.

If so, why aren't you leading the charge?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Can we not get back to talking about what ails the Leafs and why they won’t get out of the first round if they do make the playoffs?

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Firstly I don’t watch every single game, in any given year I might fully watch roughly 50% of the games, and follow the rest on the score app.. just how it is with my work and other life obligations.

My point is that I won’t get hyped until this team actually does something of note, that doesn’t seem out of the ordinary at all to me.

I agree with you 100%!!

I am at a point right now with this team where they have to prove it to me and last nights 3rd period collapse certainly didn’t restore my faith in them,

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Love the team, can’t stand the coach. It will always be a similar feeling around the team until they fire the ego maniac clown.

Egocock hasn’t been out of the 1st round in almost a decade.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
On just pure production, Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point are as good (if not better) than Matthews, Tavares, and Marner. Except that Tampa pays a combined 27.5 of cap space this year on their three, and the leafs pay 33.6 million on their three.

That six million in extra space is the "missing" thing you're searching for.

Imagine right this moment that Dubas had an extra 6 million to fill in holes. That's what Tampa has.

I think you are right. In five years when we look back if we still haven’t done anything special like reaching conference finals at least I will be sure that it was the greed that did us. And we still have to resign Muzzin, Barrie and Morgan. :(

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Also not to mention 5 out of 6 points.

Like the wise man said earlier, "fools gold".
Those wins were not convincing ones, despite the results. Not by a mile.
No one in their unbiased mind can say they were not reminded of the same old Leafs on most occasions when they were pinned down in their own end.

And on toughness, I'm beginning to think Dubas wants to be a trailblazer, force-teaching the league that skill & finesse should be the new norm.
Good luck with that in PO, as usual.

Now, before all the blue-goggles come at me, let me be clear, I am not talking about having goons or fighters on the team, but at the very least couple of players with backbone who don't shy away from mixing it up when the big bad webbers of the league flip our captain around his axis, or let gremlin face push all our players around grinning all over the ice, in our own house fcol.
If we rely on Kappy to be our standup player, we'll be the laughingstock of hockey world.

Could you imagine what it'll be like when we meet them again next in their house, with the buds having played the night before AGAIN to boot!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Like the wise man said earlier, "fools gold".
Those wins were not convincing ones, despite the results. Not by a mile.
No one in their unbiased mind can say they were not reminded of the same old Leafs on most occasions when they were pinned down in their own end.

And on toughness, I'm beginning to think Dubas wants to be a trailblazer, force-teaching the league that skill & finesse should be the new norm.
Good luck with that in PO, as usual.

Now, before all the blue-goggles come at me, let me be clear, I am not talking about having goons or fighters on the team, but at the very least couple of players with backbone who don't shy away from mixing it up when the big bad webbers of the league flip our captain around his axis, or let gremlin face push all our players around grinning all over the ice, in our own house fcol.
If we rely on Kappy to be our standup player, we'll be the laughingstock of hockey world.

Could you imagine what it'll be like when we meet them again next in their house, with the buds having played the night before AGAIN to boot!

Every team in the league sticks up for their players. They brought in few guys that will stick up their teammates but they waived them all.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Now back to Aho.

His numbers are awfully close to Marner's the past 2 years. Slightly more goals, slightly less points. A wash. He also is a centre. And you admit he has WAY crappier linemates.

He signed for 8.5x5, and Marner signed for 11x6.

A complete and total ****ing joke.

When Aho signed, everybody SCREAMED at me that linemates aren't allowed to be part of the equation. So I'm just being consistent with that in regards to Rantanen.

And yes, I think Ranatnen is at the very least equal to Marner. Signed an aav 2 million less. It's flat out ****ing unacceptable.

Take it to the Dubas thread or better yet your diary, no one wants to hear your schtick, certainly not in an unrelated thread. As a hint this one is about team performance, a topic that as far as I can tell you don't give a damn about.

And stop using caps lock, even though you are basically personified caps lock, still looks foolish.

Reactions: Gallagbi and kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad