Speculation: Is 2021 a re-tool or contend year

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
If Boston wants Yandle type they'll just keep Krug.

Boston needs better secondary scoring from F group and get better at 5on5, get someone they don't have to shelter like Krug.
So no Yandle.

Yandle will be cheaper than Krug. Krug going to get 7.5-9M is this weird world

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He’s not getting 9

Krug is out because they are looking for something different
“Oh, I do like you, a lot in fact, you’re one of my faves, I just feel that I need to move in a different direction.”

(I sometimes, okay often, feel like that about the Panthers. Except for the “like you a lot” part, that one I made up. Being a panther fan is 100% about masochism.)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Borg has done what they asked of him though. He beefed up from 185 to 200lbs and worked on his 2 way game.
I'd obviously prefer him at 3C to see how he does before gifting him that 2C role but if we trade for a Danault type with a year left, Borg would likely be going the other way anyhow.

Who would you target for 2C then?
Itd have to be trade because free agency is poop.

Honestly don't know because trade market looks pretty poop too... Henrique maybe? Ducks fans seem to want to sell high on him. Risky coming off a decent year and him getting into his 30's, but his contract could be in place of a hoff/dads contract instead. Not sure what he would cost. Wennberg as a reclamation project? Zito should know him well. Turris could be an option. None of these are great options. but probably cheaper to acquire than Danault, and would be better than Borg.

Borg penciled in as our 2C and expecting to be competitive. Yeah he bulked up and worked on his game, but he hasn't done anything to prove he's ready.

Center options are slim for next year, that's why unless Zito can pull something off I still don't see us being competitive next year. I'm torn because I want us to be competitive every year, but it's not realistic with the current roster options.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly don't know because trade market looks pretty poop too... Henrique maybe? Ducks fans seem to want to sell high on him. Risky coming off a decent year and him getting into his 30's, but his contract could be in place of a hoff/dads contract instead. Not sure what he would cost. Wennberg as a reclamation project? Zito should know him well. Turris could be an option. None of these are great options. but probably cheaper to acquire than Danault, and would be better than Borg.

Borg penciled in as our 2C and expecting to be competitive. Yeah he bulked up and worked on his game, but he hasn't done anything to prove he's ready.

Center options are slim for next year, that's why unless Zito can pull something off I still don't see us being competitive next year. I'm torn because I want us to be competitive every year, but it's not realistic with the current roster options.
Trade market should be decent with cap crunches and a desire to cut salary.

Reactions: Pigge

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

The dream is for Columbus to actually buy out Wennberg, so we can get him with a chip on his shoulder to prove them wrong.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Or plot twist, it’s pietrangelo instead of krug? Josi signed at just under 9.1per, signed at the same age that pietrangelo is now, I think that may be a comparable. I think karlsson 11.5 and doughty’s 11 are more outliers since they were the top-2 D for the longest time. Pietrangelo at 9.5per, or anything under 10 is solid.

same age but pietrangelo at 9.5 vs krug at 7.5 (give or take). Either way, would be nice to add one while ridding ourselves of Yandle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad