Injury Report: IR: Vermin | DTD: Gourde

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...2255358?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Johnson (upper body) said he's feeling good, and him playing after missing three games is up to the coaches/doctors.

"It's always hard to miss games," Johnson said. "But it's kind of nice to have a break in a way too, I feel a bit refreshed and ready to go. Watching the team battle like they have, it lights a fire under everyone. I want to be part of that."
Wing Jonathan Drouin (undisclosed) also participated in the morning skate, with Cedric Paquette (upper body) not. Cooper said Paquette's absence wasn't a setback, though admitted he's not sure if the two forwards will play this week. "Day to day," Cooper said.
Ondrej Palat (left ankle) has been skating on his own, with Cooper saying there's a chance he can skate with the team on next week's California trip. "Still a little ways away," Cooper said.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I feel like we're going to see Drouin on a conditioning assignment in the A. Especially if JAM continues to be a bright spot, even in games with very, very few bright spots.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tbo.com/sports/lightning...151128/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
C Tyler Johnson, who just returned on Wednesday, is right back on the sidelines after leaving Friday’s game in Washington after playing just one shift. His status for Saturday’s game is in doubt, though he had not been ruled out following Saturday’s optional morning skate before Tampa Bay hosts the New York Islanders. ...

Johnson missed three games last week after taking an elbow to the chin area from Florida C Dave Bolland before returning to the ice. Johnson scored the only goal in Tampa Bay’s shootout victory against Los Angeles. But on the opening shift of the game at Washington Johnson came off after 48 seconds and did not return. He did not take part in Saturday’s morning skate.

Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said what kept Johnson out Friday is not a recurrence of the previous injury and called it a new situation. Cooper did not rule Johnson out for Saturday’s game, but did not sound optimistic as Tampa Bay will have three days off before returning to action on Wednesday at Anaheim.
LW Ondrej Palat, who has been out since Nov. 7 with an ankle injury, took part in Saturday’s skate marking the first time he has been able to join teammates on the ice since being injured. Palat had been skating on his own earlier this week.

“I feel good, good progress,’’ Palat said. “It was nice to be with a bunch of guys on the ice, being able to skate around.’’

At the time of the injury Palat was expected to miss 3-5 weeks, with Saturday as the three-week mark. But he has yet to take any sort of contact to test the injury. That will be the next step and could happen as soon as next week when the team head to California for a three-game trip.

“I have to skate a few more days by myself and with the team and try to take some contact,’’ Palat said.
LW Jonathan Drouin (undisclosed) and C Cedric Paquette (upper body) also continue to try to make their way back in to the lineup and were considered day-to-day by Cooper.

Drouin appears to be the closest to returning. He has missed the past five games and a total of 10 out of the past 14 with two different injuries.

“This morning was good, I battled and felt good and the progress is definitely there so I’m happy with how it has gone the past couple of days,’’ Drouin said.
Paquette, meanwhile, has appeared in just 10 games this season. He blocked a shot in preseason that kept him out of the first four games, played in the next five but had to sit out the next five after his ankle continued to give him problems while skating. Paquette returned for five games but is now dealing with an upper-body issue. Tonight will be the fifth consecutive game he has missed.

“I’m much better than last week, honestly, after I took some time off,’’ Paquette said. “Hopefully next week on the trip, that’s the plan right now that I can get some contact and see how it goes."

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/johnson-hasnt-ruled-out-return-by-weekend/2256217
What caused Lightning center Tyler Johnson's undisclosed injury - just 48 seconds into Friday's game - remains a mystery.

Even to Johnson.

"Just an unlucky, unfortunate thing," Johnson said. "It really wasn't anything. I've watched video 100 times and I still don't quite know exactly what happened... Just unfortunate for me it happened at a bad moment."

Johnson will miss his second consecutive game tonight against the Ducks, but after skating with the team for the first time Tuesday, he hasn't ruled out a return by this weekend's back-to-back games Saturday (San Jose) and Sunday (Los Angeles).

"That's definitely open," he said. "Hopefully I wake up (Thursday) and feel great. Just one of those things I really don't know."
LW Jonathan Drouin, who missed six games with an undisclosed injury, is expected to return to the lineup tonight; he played on a line with RW Nikita Kucherov and C Vladislav Namestnikov in Tuesday's practice.
C Cedric Paquette (upper body) skated again Wednesday morning but will miss his seventh consecutive game. Paquette is feeling better but "not quite ready."
LW Ondrej Palat (left ankle), out since Nov. 7, felt good in his first full practice Tuesday, and again Wednesday, though coach Jon Cooper said he'd be very surprised if Palat returned this weekend.

"I'm practice-ready, just need a couple more practices with the team to get in tempo and be ready for a game," Palat said.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Someone needs to find the voodoo his fiance made--about, oh, three months ago--and keep it protected.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If Palat isn't 100%, keep him out. Tired of guys rushing back only to play like **** and get hurt again.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Ugh. Too fragile. Please just let him rest and heal. No more rushing. He's not good when he's not healthy anyway.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, Johnson hasn't seemed dangerous yet this season due to nagging injuries. Hoping he can get all healed up soon and be back to full form again.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Just summing up the new injuries

Johnson- expected to be out for the 3 game roadtrip(a week), re-aggravated injury
Palat- day to day, suspected re-aggravation
Drouin- to be determined, re-aggravated

I don't know if it's better or worse that none of these are new injuries. Get well soon everyone plus Paquette and Condra

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00