Injury Report: IR: Vermin | DTD: Gourde

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That would be amazing. For the last month the offense has consisted of pretty much nothing else but Stamkos and Kucherov with the occasional pitch ins by Filppula and Killorn and a few surprise goals from others. I think no matter what people are gonna want to kill Cooper. We've had to makeshift our lines for almost 2 months now and with everyone getting healthy they seem out of place.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That would be amazing. For the last month the offense has consisted of pretty much nothing else but Stamkos and Kucherov with the occasional pitch ins by Filppula and Killorn and a few surprise goals from others. I think no matter what people are gonna want to kill Cooper. We've had to makeshift our lines for almost 2 months now and with everyone getting healthy they seem out of place.

What do you think should be the lines when everyone is back? Looks like Drouin is most likely playing tomorrow, where does he go? Where does Palat go when he is back? What will happen to JAM? These guys even when healthy were not scoring, some who have been healthy have played very well but have been snake-bitten, so Coop needs to re-think the entire Top 9, imo.

You look at Stamkos and Kucherov here but they have not lit it up at ES, and Stamkos has the worst +/- with a -8, his line gave Flip's goal right back. I have to give him props though, because he knew he ****ed up, and came out and said it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So hard to say about what happens to the lines. It's like we're adding new people to our team and we can't figure out where they're gonna go. The only certain thing now is not to break up Stamkos and Kucherov and guys like Killorn, Paquette, Condra JAM and Namestnikov are going to get shuffled A LOT and possibly even scratched from time to time because the bottom 6 is gonna be LOADED soon. Plus a healthy Johnson is gonna be wasted on playing with guys like Brown, Killorn and JAM. That's no offense meant to them but once he's back to top form we need him being a top center again.

For the sake of keeping the 1st line together you can do this for now until Drouin is back

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Killorn-Johnson-Callahan
Brown-Filppula-Condra
Paquette-Boyle-JAM

Throw in Drouin and Palat and you've REALLY messed with it. I think you and I are in universal agreement that Drouin with Callahan was arguably the best chemistry we've seen between teammates. And once Callahan was separated from Stamkos they both started playing better. The two are oil and water on even strength, peas and carrots on the power play. We KNOW Pallahan is gonna work regardless of who is playing center so it at least leaves us with options regarding whose going to play left wing with Johnson and Callahan. But Palat with Stamkos? Ehhh I don't know. I like it at first glance but I'm not sure how that's gonna work. Coop's been known to stick with what works. That brings me to the bottom 6.... talk about a log jam

Inevitably we see

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Callahan

And left to play the bottom 6 is 8 guys in Killorn, Filppula, Condra, Brown, Boyle, Paquette, JAM and Namestnikov

This post is getting long and I'm gonna end it here

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So hard to say about what happens to the lines. It's like we're adding new people to our team and we can't figure out where they're gonna go. The only certain thing now is not to break up Stamkos and Kucherov and guys like Killorn, Paquette, Condra JAM and Namestnikov are going to get shuffled A LOT and possibly even scratched from time to time because the bottom 6 is gonna be LOADED soon. Plus a healthy Johnson is gonna be wasted on playing with guys like Brown, Killorn and JAM. That's no offense meant to them but once he's back to top form we need him being a top center again.

For the sake of keeping the 1st line together you can do this for now until Drouin is back

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Killorn-Johnson-Callahan
Brown-Filppula-Condra
Paquette-Boyle-JAM

Throw in Drouin and Palat and you've REALLY messed with it. I think you and I are in universal agreement that Drouin with Callahan was arguably the best chemistry we've seen between teammates. And once Callahan was separated from Stamkos they both started playing better. The two are oil and water on even strength, peas and carrots on the power play. We KNOW Pallahan is gonna work regardless of who is playing center so it at least leaves us with options regarding whose going to play left wing with Johnson and Callahan. But Palat with Stamkos? Ehhh I don't know. I like it at first glance but I'm not sure how that's gonna work. Coop's been known to stick with what works. That brings me to the bottom 6.... talk about a log jam

Inevitably we see

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Callahan

And left to play the bottom 6 is 8 guys in Killorn, Filppula, Condra, Brown, Boyle, Paquette, JAM and Namestnikov

This post is getting long and I'm gonna end it here

Well to counter a long post here is a short one. lol. Totally agree with you, and I'm not happy with Coop right now with some of his decisions. We lost the last 3 out of 5 games, not good enough, will just leave it at that.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What about the Montreal loss was Cooper's fault? If Condra does LITERALLY anything to disrupt Dale Wiese, we win. I suppose the OT combos were not ideal, but we still controlled it until Stamkos decided to go freelancing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't think these recent losses don't really fall on coaching. When you go 1/10 on a power play it's not a coaching issue... you outright SUCK. I know most will disagree with me but I seriously think once we get some fresh blood around here we'll see an improvement.

If the issue was coaching then how is it that the Lightning PP slaughtered the Canadiens, did decent against NYR and then suddenly went dead again? It's not like Coop did anything different other than move Stamkos back to the circle after trying everything else that didn't work.

And agreed on the last post about Conrda. That was BS.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I certainly don't want to say that Cooper gets a pass all season long, but I'm not taking last night as yet another indictment of some overall poor coaching ability. There's definitely execution issues, though. I think Tyler Johnson would have had a goal if, who was it, Killorn, had passed it to somewhere he could shoot it instead of to his back skate.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think these recent losses don't really fall on coaching. When you go 1/10 on a power play it's not a coaching issue... you outright SUCK. I know most will disagree with me but I seriously think once we get some fresh blood around here we'll see an improvement.

If the issue was coaching then how is it that the Lightning PP slaughtered the Canadiens, did decent against NYR and then suddenly went dead again? It's not like Coop did anything different other than move Stamkos back to the circle after trying everything else that didn't work.

And agreed on the last post about Conrda. That was BS.

If we rely on only Stamkos and Kucherov to score, we will never see over a 20% PP. Need to fix both units, imo.

I certainly don't want to say that Cooper gets a pass all season long, but I'm not taking last night as yet another indictment of some overall poor coaching ability. There's definitely execution issues, though. I think Tyler Johnson would have had a goal if, who was it, Killorn, had passed it to somewhere he could shoot it instead of to his back skate.

Killorn does not have that kind of skill-set to be in the top 6 yet Coop continues to play him there. He actually has been pretty spot on with his production this season to where he normally falls, where as other players are down where they should be like Palat, Drouin, Filppula, Johnson, Stamkos, and Callahan. Kucherov is getting there though and is close from last season, another multi point game or two and he is golden for his on pace numbers.

BTW here is our 5 on 5 production this season among forwards...

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...=27&type=individual&sort=ipoints&sortdir=DESC

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
If we rely on only Stamkos and Kucherov to score, we will never see over a 20% PP. Need to fix both units, imo.

Killorn does not have that kind of skill-set to be in the top 6 yet Coop continues to play him there. He actually has been pretty spot on with his production this season to where he normally falls, where as other players are down where they should be like Palat, Drouin, Filppula, Johnson, Stamkos, and Callahan. Kucherov is getting there though and is close from last season, another multi point game or two and he is golden for his on pace numbers.

BTW here is our 5 on 5 production this season among forwards...

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...=27&type=individual&sort=ipoints&sortdir=DESC

Make sure to sort by points/60

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Palat was taking line-rushes with the rest of the TKO so he could be back in.

Bish left practice and Vasy is back in Tampa so now he might be hurt.

And then there is this...

You can't make these things up.
Johnson must be pretty much as done with this season as we are.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Palat was taking line-rushes with the rest of the TKO so he could be back in.

Bish left practice and Vasy is back in Tampa so now he might be hurt.

And then there is this...

You can't make these things up.
Johnson must be pretty much as done with this season as we are.

Damn it, Brie.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Damn it, Brie.

*lol*, sorry, I need to stop finding bad news.

----

In other thoughts though about Bish he really haven't looked like himself these last couple of games and I can't help but wonder if something has been bothering him...though he could have just been playing bad but he haven't looked as fast or sharp lately as he did at the start of the season. But even if it is something I don't think it's much, maybe it's just some fatigue since he hasn't gotten much rest, maybe even if he's healthy we should play Vasy tomorrow since we're going out on the road after that.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Hopefully Bishop is okay but I'm fine letting Vasy start on Saturday and giving him some extra time off to be safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad