Injury Report: IR: Vermin | DTD: Gourde

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We need to rest Johnson almost like it's summer again. In that time, we need Stamkos to actually play like a marginally decent #1C. Then, when Johnson's actually 100%, not 95% and "ready," maybe we ship Stamkos for an actual 1b center.

I know it's weird, but even with all these injuries, I have more faith in Johnson than Stamkos to actually perform when he's healthy. Health is just obviously getting to be a pretty big issue for him.

We've been playing with fire for a long time by playing players who "can" play, but probably shouldn't. I'm thinking all the way back to MSL's broken foot. But it's really starting to bite us now. We've had something like 5-6 instances of re-aggravated injuries. I get that everybody wants to play. But Coop needs to tell these guys, "no." We're not in a heated playoff series right now. Yeah, we need wins, and we're desperate for them, but we're going to be even more desperate if we keep losing this many man games to injury. The season is a marathon.

Johnson's case is particularly frustrating because it's often so clear that he's not anywhere close to 100% out there. I don't know if he's a fragile player overall, but I know he's fragile enough that he shouldn't be anywhere near the ice when he's not at full speed.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Just summing up the new injuries

Johnson- expected to be out for the 3 game roadtrip(a week), re-aggravated injury
Palat- day to day, suspected re-aggravation
Drouin- to be determined, re-aggravated

I don't know if it's better or worse that none of these are new injuries. Get well soon everyone plus Paquette and Condra

This sounds an awful lot like guys being brought back before they're ready. Let them heal, we're going to suck anyway.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
This sounds an awful lot like guys being brought back before they're ready. Let them heal, we're going to suck anyway.

Cooper said that they aren't being rushed back but at this point I find it hard to believe. Johnson's been out like 4 times, Drouin's been out 3 and Palat is out for the 2nd time. That doesn't seem like just an unlucky coincidence. "Ready" and 100% aren't the same thing.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Ready" and 100% aren't the same thing.

They have too many injured guys and are falling in the standings more weeks than not. I suspect the team is bringing guys back ASAP in an attempt to stop the point bleeding. It's not working, so just let the guys heal up properly. The whole team, coaches included, seem to just be scrambling and lost right now. Except Bishop, JT and Kuch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We need Johnson back at 100%, if for no other reason than to evaluate our team moving forward.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It'll be Kucherov next I'm calling it now

200.gif

If this happens I vote that we ban dechire until everyone is healthy again.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Really sucks for Vermin. He had a chance to stick around for at least a week or two and get some NHL experience. Good luck in your recovery Vermin and sorry that the TBL curse hit you so quickly :(

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That sucks for Vermin, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Some other news:

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Palat said he re-aggravated his left ankle injury when Capitals' T.J. Oshie fell on him Saturday. But Palat said tests revealed no break, so that's encouraging, though he doesn't know how long he'll be out. Palat said Oshie landed on the same leg, same spot. "Just unlucky," he said.

Both good and bad news. Kind of sums up the whole season so far.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Summary of news:

Johnson coming back before Palat
Palat not coming back before holiday break but Johnson is possible
Condra not back tonight but should be for the next game
Timetable on Palat is unknown so it might still be awhile
No update on Drouin or Paquette

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So, Drouin had a set back? What was his injury or is it still a mystery?

Unknown aside from "lower body injury" without anything obvious in-game that could have caused it. He's played 18 games this season but he was playing injured for around half of those and this is his 3rd time on IR. We still haven't heard anything about what's going on with him or Johnson who has also been rotating on and off IR all year. It's pretty frustrating. He looked really good during his most recent 4 game stretch though.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
So, Drouin had a set back? What was his injury or is it still a mystery?

Seems to be something related to his skating. He didnt have as much jump in the last game he played as he did in the prior game on the road against Anaheim. That game vs Anaheim he was flying around the ice creating offense so he may have re-aggravted it late in that game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->