Injury Report: IR: Callahan | DTD: Paquette, Garrison, Stamkos, Johnson, Brown

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I do not want a forward manning the point on either PP.

I know Drouin/Kucherov and Hedman swap from time to time on PP1, but it is not that common and both of those guys have the puck skills to keep it from being a total disaster most of the time.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If it has to be a dman, the only thing I know is that I'd pick Dotchin over Stralman without thinking twice.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If it has to be a dman, the only thing I know is that I'd pick Dotchin over Stralman without thinking twice.

I don't see why we don't try Dotchin there. It's not like Foster was some monster EV scorer when he was here - he was just good at getting the puck to Stamkos. If Dotchin can make a crisp pass in the wheelhouse and not fumble with a bit of pressure on him, **** it why not try.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I do not want a forward manning the point on either PP.

I know Drouin/Kucherov and Hedman swap from time to time on PP1, but it is not that common and both of those guys have the puck skills to keep it from being a total disaster most of the time.

Why?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I don't see why we don't try Dotchin there. It's not like Foster was some monster EV scorer when he was here - he was just good at getting the puck to Stamkos. If Dotchin can make a crisp pass in the wheelhouse and not fumble with a bit of pressure on him, **** it why not try.

I thought Dotchin already was in the PP for a good bit of this part of the season? Stralman just went back on it the last couple of games.

Dotchin didn't accomplish a whole lot point wise, but I don't think he made too many horrid mistakes. Or am I remembering wrong?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Forwards are not defenseman.

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, I hope you are speaking strictly the 2nd power play unit. Getting stuck out there a D short can definitely be a cause for concern when the other team is at full strength.

If you mean 1st unit, than what you are saying in regards to the frequency of forward use on the point just isn't accurate.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, I hope you are speaking strictly the 2nd power play unit. Getting stuck out there a D short can definitely be a cause for concern when the other team is at full strength.

If you mean 1st unit, than what you are saying in regards to the frequency of forward use on the point just isn't accurate.

He means a forward in that pivot spot on the blueline, which is generally our last guy back. I think we'd need a slightly different set up if we had Johnson in that spot (the spot where Hedman is on the 1st unit, basically in the center of the ice on the blueline). Something where the other D plays a lot higher.

jahbless

Jun 8, 2015
Tampa
Does anyone know what kind of sickness Kucherov came down with? Wondering how likely it is for him to be back tomorrow.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

We've had some players miss time so I'm guessing it was some type of flu, hopefully nothing long lasting.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If all this buzz about Stamkos possibly returning tomorrow is just a set up for an April fools joke I am going to be livid. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad