Injury Report: IR: Callahan | DTD: Paquette, Garrison, Stamkos, Johnson, Brown

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wonder is Stamkos will be back for either of the next 2 games given their magnitude and how close he allegedly was this weekend. You have to think he at least has that Leafs game circled on his calendar if the docs sign off on it.

I don't know if i want him to play against the Bruins...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This is one of the most crucial games of the season - our best players need to play.

Stamkos
Johnson
Point
Vladdy

...this is what I want to see down the middle of our lineup for tomorrow's game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't want him to play tomorrow vs the Bruins because it's going to be a brutal game. He would be a nice juicy target for their dirty play.

And all his injuries seem to come against the Bruins.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Vermin reassigned to Syracuse. He'll probably get recalled in an hour, sent back down tomorrow afternoon and recalled 10 minutes later.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'd rather stick with the players that have been winning then shoving guys back in the lineup before they're actually ready and disrupting the current chemistry. Especially someone like Stamkos who hasn't played in months. He could be a huge anchor in a must win game.

Also all the rookies like Erne will be moved to the press box and they've been the ones stepping up lately.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I'd rather stick with the players that have been winning then shoving guys back in the lineup before they're actually ready and disrupting the current chemistry. Especially someone like Stamkos who hasn't played in months. He could be a huge anchor in a must win game.

Also all the rookies like Erne will be moved to the press box and they've been the ones stepping up lately.

Brown should sit way before Erne.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I don't know if i want him to play against the Bruins...

I don't want him to play tomorrow vs the Bruins because it's going to be a brutal game. He would be a nice juicy target for their dirty play.

I'd take a 50% Stamkos over all our fourth liners easily. I can't even guess what Coop is thinking in terms of forward lines ... it will be very interesting to see what Coop comes up with.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

Thought that last Stamkos quote was interesting.

There's no point for him to return if we're out this game. This is going to be a brutal game. If he's not 100%, there's a strong chance he gets hurt because he's a target.

If we win, I wouldn't doubt we see him back next game. No reason not to be back unless he's not healthy (which from most accounts it seems to be that he's very, very close).

Stammer back on the ice gives the boys the boost they need to hopefully finish the season with 4 wins.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There's no point for him to return if we're out this game. This is going to be a brutal game. If he's not 100%, there's a strong chance he gets hurt because he's a target.

If we win, I wouldn't doubt we see him back next game. No reason not to be back unless he's not healthy (which from most accounts it seems to be that he's very, very close).

Stammer back on the ice gives the boys the boost they need to hopefully finish the season with 4 wins.

I also don't blame him for not wanting to come back against Boston, in Boston. Fans are getting upset he won't return, he needs to think about his long term health here. Plus he has not played since Nov. He is going to be rusty the first few games back which there is no room for error for this team in the last 4 games. I think it is the right decision for him to sit out till he feels he is 100 percent ready, and he is not.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Leaf fan here: how close does Stamkos actually seem to be with regards to a return?

The guy always torches us, and this will be a huge game. Hoping we can skip seeing him this time around ha

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Leaf fan here: how close does Stamkos actually seem to be with regards to a return?

The guy always torches us, and this will be a huge game. Hoping we can skip seeing him this time around ha

I doubt we'll see him for the rest of the regular season.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Not a huge game anymore so I hope he sits out for the rest of the year.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I also think that it's probably better to see Stamkos sit out for the rest of the year but I am glad that things seem to be heading the right way and he'll get a full summer to work his way back, same with Cally who also seem to be doing better.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Bournival and Conancher have been recalled. I don't think we'll see TJ again these last 3 games.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I also think that it's probably better to see Stamkos sit out for the rest of the year but I am glad that things seem to be heading the right way and he'll get a full summer to work his way back, same with Cally who also seem to be doing better.

Yeah Callahan has been practicing again which has been the best news for him, and they all seem confident of a full recovery. Just let these guys rest and be 100 percent for next season. With a full training camp and pre-season they should be good to go next season. Part of me wants them to just lose tomorrow and put this to bed, don't need anymore false hope this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->