Injury Report: IR: Callahan | DTD: Paquette, Garrison, Stamkos, Johnson, Brown

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
What do we think here? The way he grabbed his knee was the part that caught my eye, and I don't mean the act of grabbing his knee, I mean the location and the manner in which he did it. Really hope he didn't pop an ACL/MCL

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...-leaves-game-with-apparent-leg-injury/2302999
The Lightning didn't have much of an update on Stamkos after the game. Coach Jon Cooper refused to speculate on the severity of the injury, saying Stamkos will be re-evaluated today on the team's off day in Buffalo.

"Hopefully it's something minor," Cooper said. "We'll have to wait and see."

But, as Cooper points out, this is "not anything like" what happened almost exactly three years ago, when Stamkos broke his right tibia after crashing into the post Nov. 11, 2013 in Boston.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Jesus. Finally Stammer looks like his old self and he gets injured. Praying it's nothing serious. We can't afford to lose him.

1Timer

Nov 29, 2003
Lightning Capital of the World
Just watched the video of him skating off. I was similarly unable to use my knee for lateral motion with a torn acl. He tries one stride and realizes that he shouldn't. 'Locked' knee suggests a meniscal tear as well. Damn.

Watched the hit too, pretty much absolutely an ACL. His ankle was weighted and medial to the knee and thigh, which causes a shear when combined with the force of the hip hit.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah I don't really care what online doctors say. It could be any of a dozen things, and most of them (in quantity) relatively minor. We'll find out something today or tomorrow.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
What do we think here? The way he grabbed his knee was the part that caught my eye, and I don't mean the act of grabbing his knee, I mean the location and the manner in which he did it. Really hope he didn't pop an ACL/MCL

I doubt its an ACL/MCL his knee was not contorted into a really bad position that would cause this. If the kneed did in fact lock well thats a issue with all weak ligaments and would require surgery to stabilize the knee. He could wait till the offseason to do that wearing a brace but he will not be as effective. The recover for knee reconstruction is much longer and more uncertain than a ACL or MCL. . There have been a number of players who had the knee rebuilt and it ended there career's and at the least he would not be the same player. Hopefully it is something minor.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
This is just not fair. Not for us, but for him, he does not deserve this to happen again.
He was being so good again... damn, i feel sick :(

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hopefully it is in fact just a meniscus. Could be so much worse. He'll still be out a while, but it won't be the whole season and potentially career changing like an ACL/MCL tear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad