Series Talk: Iowa vs MKE (AHL Playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm confused, what's the complaint with the Greenway/Kunin/Donato line?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Apparently you can't criticize our future, guys get testy. Pissing on their misguided dreams and such.

Probably think our 12OA pick is going to be an NHLer, also. Poor guys...........
All that pessimism probably isn't good for you.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
You can criticize, just make sure the criticisms aren't stupid, otherwise you'll get criticized. Which is what happened here.
Why was my criticism stupid? Milwaukee scored two goals and Donato was on the ice for both of them (his turnover led to the first goal), Kunin was on the ice for both of them and Greenway was on the ice for one of them. Was it just that I described them as being a combined -5, rather than type out the above the sticking point?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Why was my criticism stupid? Milwaukee scored two goals and Donato was on the ice for both of them (his turnover led to the first goal), Kunin was on the ice for both of them and Greenway was on the ice for one of them. Was it just that I described them as being a combined -5, rather than type out the above the sticking point?

Is your expectation that they would never be on the ice for a goal against? Or that they should cancel out every goal against with at least a matching goal for?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is your expectation that they would never be on the ice for a goal against? Or that they should cancel out every goal against with at least a matching goal for?

Well last night he said something along the lines of “the puck should never leave the offensive zone”

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
My hope would be that they would dominate puck possession and spend most of the time in the offensive zone. These are the NHLers we are resting our future on. I would hope that they could at least hold their own against AHLers.

Caveat: I personally don't think these guys are as good as most posters here think they are or hope they will be. I believe these guys ceilings, even with improvement, are second liners.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
My hope would be that they would dominate puck possession and spend most of the time in the offensive zone. These are the NHLers we are resting our future on. I would hope that they could at least hold their own against AHLers.

Caveat: I personally don't think these guys are as good as most posters here think they are or hope they will be. I believe these guys ceilings, even with improvement, are second liners.
I was under the impression that that's the page most of us are on.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

They are young NHLers, not too far removed from the AHL. Like somebody else said, this isn't MacKinnon's line going down there and playing.

They dominated games 1 and 2, and then predictably, Milwaukee pushed back at home in a must win game.

I don't think 2nd liners is too out of whack with what expectations should be. I think you underestimate the quality of players in the AHL.

Reactions: Nsjohnson and AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Your expectation for their performance and how you view them as players doesn’t match up. You want them to dominate the AHL but you think they’re just third liners with a ceiling of the second line? Most middle six players don’t dominate the AHL.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I can't really criticize how Greenway/Kunin/Donato are playing without watching the actual game. I put both goals that that line was on the ice for on Hammond and his bad rebound control.

G1: Donato could have won that board battle (which is a known weakness in his game) in transition.

G2: Kunin could have won that d-zone FO (he's not great at them by any means).

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, 1st goal is just terrible goaltending. 2nd goal was throwing a puck at the net from a bad angle and getting a bounce.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
4-3 MKE. Hammond is letting in softies (from the radio guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille