Series Talk: Iowa vs MKE (AHL Playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
19mil-ia-da52bdd23c.jpg

Rookies have played a key part in Iowa's success, with Mason Shaw tallying 33 points in 76 games. Will Bitten 13 goals, 29 points), Louie Belpedio (six goals from the blueline), Dmitry Sokolov (16 goals), Mitch McLain (20 points) and Gerry Fitzgerald (12 goals) have also had nice first-year campaigns.

On the backend, Brennan Menell has been Iowa's best two-way defenseman, finishing second on the club with 42 assists while scoring just two goals. He was a plus-10 during the regular season, second-best among all Iowa defensemen.

Half of Belpedio's goals have come on the power play, while Carson Soucy and Matt Bartkowski have been regulars that have combined to post a plus-17.

All season, rookie Kaapo Kahkonen and veteran Andrew Hammond have split time between the posts, with Kahkonen appearing at the AHL All-Star Game back in January.

Lets go Baby Wild!

Reactions: a79krgm

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We’ll probably win this. Teams were really close this year and we added the trio

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
They made the Playoffs when they were the Houston Aeros.

Guess I'm confused why they wouldn't include those playoffs? I mean I knew they were in Houston before, but the whole team relocated. Not like this was a completely new franchise.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
6-0, including a Kunin goal from Donato and Greenway. We're getting into war crime territory.

Edit: 7-0 just as I post that. Someone call the UN.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Sokolov's problem just that he is lazy? Or is he stupid? He has enough physical talent to play in the NHL - certainly the AHL.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Is Sokolov's problem just that he is lazy? Or is he stupid? He has enough physical talent to play in the NHL - certainly the AHL.

An entire line came in from the NHL so it was a choice between Bitten and Sokolov as the 2nd line RW and Bitten plays a better 2-way game. They went with age/experience for the bottom-6 wings for G1 (the youngest was 25 yo).

Reactions: Nsjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad