Series Talk: Iowa vs MKE (AHL Playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Carter isn't awful as a color guy during his first radio stint.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Rau just wanted to be the first one to the locker room to celebrate. :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. Suggesting we skip the Avengers movies on Thursday and go to MKE for the hockey game instead was not well received by the wife. :huh:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
One of the big things that I like about Iowa starting to win and have winning seasons/making the playoffs is we need a grassroots of winning culture.

This translates to guys who get called up having a psyche of 'we are winning, we will win' which disperses into the room.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
The NHLers are a combined -5 tonight. Crap stat or not, Donato and Kunin were on the ice for 2 goals against and Greenway, 1.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The NHLers are a combined -5 tonight. Crap stat or not, Donato and Kunin were on the ice for 2 goals against and Greenway, 1.
-5 sounds a lot worse than it really is when you consider the fact that it’s only 2-0

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You don't think I understand that. It makes it even worse, the puck should never leave the offensive zone.
If you understood it, you wouldn't talk about being a "combined minus". That's just dumb.

P10p

May 15, 2012
You don't think I understand that. It makes it even worse, the puck should never leave the offensive zone.

This isnt the qmjhl. Just because you dont know how good the ahl is doesnt mean it's not a good league

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Okay, let me make it simpler for you morons, our NHLers playing against AHLers have scored no goals and let two in. The point is this is not ideal.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Okay, let me make it simpler for you morons, our NHLers playing against AHLers have scored no goals and let two in. The point is this is not ideal.

Yeah and in the first two games they combined for +a lot and like 10 points. What’s your point?

It’s not like this is MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog playing against the AHL. It’s three third liners.

I mean, I’m pretty certain all three of them actually played real games in the AHL earlier this season due to the fact that they weren’t deemed good enough for the NHL at that time.

P10p

May 15, 2012

Let me clarify this for you moron. The Ahl is full of guys who could step into the nhl. So this is not a surprise to the rest of us educated fans. Its hockey, things happen. If you were expecting our 3 "nhlers" to make iowa an unstoppable Ahl playoff dynasty you're past helping. Moron.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Let me clarify this for you moron. The Ahl is full of guys who could step into the nhl. So this is not a surprise to the rest of us educated fans. Its hockey, things happen. If you were expecting our 3 "nhlers" to make iowa an unstoppable Ahl playoff dynasty you're past helping. Moron.
Name one player on the Iowa Wild who could step into the NHL. They couldn't even supplant anyone on our non-playoff team. Imbecile.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Name one player on the Iowa Wild who could step into the NHL. They couldn't even supplant anyone on our non-playoff team. Imbecile.

Mason Shaw, Nate Prosser, Cal O'reilly, Louis Belpedio etc..

How about the team we're facing? Matt Donovan, Eeli Tolvanen, Phil di Giusppe, Alex Carrier...

Just because they're not on a NHL roster doesn't mean they couldn't hold their own. I can't believe i'm having this argument with someone who "follows" (scoreboard watches?) hockey

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Nate Prosser? 32 year old Cal O'reilly? Guy, your not helping your argument. AKL has the gist of it, these guys are 3rd liners, that is why they can't dominate AHLers. 2Pair had it right when he said we have 12 3rd liners on this team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nate Prosser? 32 year old Cal O'reilly? Guy, your not helping your argument. AKL has the gist of it, these guys are 3rd liners, that is why they can't dominate AHLers. 2Pair had it right when he said we have 12 3rd liners on this team.

Did games 1 and 2 never happen?

Reactions: Bazeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad