Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
My guess is blue pants. They brought them out on the road late last year but not home and I think said they needed permission from the league or something for the change to be permanent/more-than-occasional? Saturday's a home game, might be the time. I agree with @MusicIsMath that a new jersey would feel like very odd timing, but I'm not going to say it's impossible.

I'll say 60% blue pants / 35% new jersey / 5% Boomer/Other

I'm pretty sure i remember hearing that the blue pants wouldn't be possible until at least next season. maybe announcing now? but again, timing would be incredibly weird.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I agree, not sure about a new jersey reveal at this time of the season....

Although stranger things have happened.
Speaking of stranger things:
FN54DRtXMAU12Rf.jpeg

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I'm pretty sure i remember hearing that the blue pants wouldn't be possible until at least next season. maybe announcing now? but again, timing would be incredibly weird.

I don't think timing matters that much for pants; they don't result in a brand change or being sold for merch the way jerseys are. Just a new/unique look.

Reactions: Toe Pick

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My guess is blue pants. They brought them out on the road late last year but not home and I think said they needed permission from the league or something for the change to be permanent/more-than-occasional? Saturday's a home game, might be the time. I agree with @MusicIsMath that a new jersey would feel like very odd timing, but I'm not going to say it's impossible.

I'll say 60% blue pants / 35% new jersey / 5% Boomer/Other
Hope so.I liked the blue pants

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
That, and Russia is at war. The longer this thing goes, the more concerned I am about any Russians traveling to and from home.

And it'd just be odd for a player. Maybe if it was the #1 overall pick who was joining (like if we had drafted Power and Michigan's season ended or something). Or maybe if Nash was actually healthy in the 2018-19 season and was able to join late in that year, you do something like this for his return. No offense to Dmitri Voronkov, I think he could be a nice 3rd-line C for us... but he's not getting a 5-day marketing build-up. :laugh:

I did see someone on the CBJ reddit mention Texier. I think that's a very, very slight possibility but also extremely unlikely. Like, less than 1%. But he's the only player/prospect I think that'd be > 0.1%.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Hope so.I liked the blue pants

I thought they looked pretty suave with the road whites. Better than red pants. I don't think they'd look great with the blue home jerseys and would probably prefer the red pants for the blue jerseys, but I'll have to wait and see (assuming it happens at some point, whether Saturday or next year).

If we do break out the blue pants, I'd like to see this be the rotation moving forward per season:

Home:

Blue jersey/red pants: 21
Third jerseys/pants: 10
Blue jersey/blue pants: 6
White jerseys/red pants: 1
White jerseys/blue pants: 1
Blue retro/red pants: 1
White retro/red pants: 1

Away:

White jerseys/blue pants: 30
White jerseys/red pants: 11
(Throw in the blue jerseys with red pants on occasions when the home team wants a reverse jersey night.)

Reverse retros: Never again. Burn them.

I've definitely thought way too much about this.

Reactions: cslebn

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
That, and Russia is at war. The longer this thing goes, the more concerned I am about any Russians traveling to and from home.
"This week on Behind the Battle, follow along with Jarmo Kekalainen and John Davidson as they sneak into Russia and extract the Blue Jacket's top Russian prospects. You will not want to miss this episode!"

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It can't be Voronkov or Marchenko, their playoff runs might not end for a while, and Voronkov has another year on his contract with Kazan.
Well the good news? is that Voronkov's playoffs are done. His team was eliminated on the weekend. Marchenko is playing in the VHL but the parent KHL team is stacked and likely going to the Gagarin Cup Final. It's going to be hard to pull either given the current circumstances but my bigger fear is does this potentially lead Marchenko to staying in Russia if he can't get a Visa to the USA. I believe he strongly wants to sign with CBJ but that may not be an option even after the contract ends this year.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Well the good news? is that Voronkov's playoffs are done. His team was eliminated on the weekend. Marchenko is playing in the VHL but the parent KHL team is stacked and likely going to the Gagarin Cup Final. It's going to be hard to pull either given the current circumstances but my bigger fear is does this potentially lead Marchenko to staying in Russia if he can't get a Visa to the USA. I believe he strongly wants to sign with CBJ but that may not be an option even after the contract ends this year.
Thius may be more for players currently playing in NA but I read there are ways to extend and provide Visas for political situations that players are looking into so they don't have to go back. Of course it might be harder to get them out if they haven't left yet.

It is definitely a tough situation because SKA is owned by the state owned oil company Gazprom in Russia and their CEO is on the ist of US Sanctions and asset freezing. The Russian economy and the pressure the rest of the world is putting on the export and use of Russian oil is putting a hurt on their finances. It is definitely going to be challenge with drafting and acquiring players from Russia for a bit of time. We could be headed back to the ways of players sneaking out of the country in he middle of the night if they want to come play in the NHL.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I agree, not sure about a new jersey reveal at this time of the season....

Although stranger things have happened.
Speaking of stranger things:
View attachment 515843
No joke, if I could design new unis for CBJ I'd start with this...

1647415373559.png

... and 1) replace the xmas tree with a cannon logo and shoulder patches with something else, 2) re-design red/white stripes at the bottom and collar area and 3) rearrange the stars on sleeves to go lengthwise below the player's number kinda like in the old 3rd jerseys. Numbers on the sleeves could also be removed if it looks too messy.

1647415943465.png

Reactions: koteka

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

With the MOU between the NHL and KHL voided do they even have to respect contracts?

Reactions: Monk

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Changing our name to the Columbus Nationwides. Our crest will have the nationwide window (or square) around it. The shoulders will have the nationwide eagle. And Peyton manning will be serving chicken parm in the arena on select nights.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Nationwide
Not sure NW needs to do this. Their name is already plastered over the arena and it gets plenty of recognition that way.

Our helmets have a shoe store and another company that I have no idea what they do.

My vote is we finally accept the Mad Cows name and Moo Moo Car Wash gets the sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad