Interesting Info: Part XIV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Jeanneret doesn't bother me that much ... maybe I'm the only Sabres fan in the league that doesn't hate him? :laugh:

I like his enthusiasm. For me, though, nobody will ever be nearly as good as Mike Lange from the Penguins (now relegated to the radio broadcasts). Takes me back to my childhood, hearing him call games now.

I grew up listening to Dan Kelly doing Blues games on KMOX and that was a real treat.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Nothing is as bad as Dustin Byfuglien after the AHL All-Star skills competition several years ago.

"Dustin, you won the hardest shot competition, tell us, do you practice your shot often?"

"No."

"Well, is there any secret to how you won?"

"Not really."

... I kid you not, this was the context of the interview.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
well to begin with, they were rushed...he was the very last thing to happen on it, and they rushed questions at him and he didn't really do a good job answering...a lot of quick one line answers...

but man, oh man, did he have his hair looking spiffy.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
@Aportzline 44m

Current #CBJ fan: player scores goals in consecutive games, or says something mildly prophetic post-game ... "CAPTAIN! NAME HIM CAPTAIN!"

Well, when the team's main beat writer talks about how the team's lacking leadership for the better part of a decade (right or wrong), these things tend to happen.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Well, when the team's main beat writer talks about how the team's lacking leadership for the better part of a decade (right or wrong), these things tend to happen.

Yeah I don't quite get what AP is doing here- mildly ridiculing CBJ fans, his readers?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Yeah I don't quite get what AP is doing here- mildly ridiculing CBJ fans, his readers?

Well, the focus by some of the fans on the captaincy definitely deserves ridicule, but I take umbrage with the guy who drives it making fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad