Interesting Info: Part XIV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
maybe we should just merge all injury threads into one large one for all these posts

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 8m
#CBJ are missing Derek MacKenzie and Dalton Prout at practice this morning. Wisniewski & Gaborik back on the ice.

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
according to Rimer on twitter

Jeff Rimer‏@jrimercbj9m
#CBJ coach Richards says with Nathan Horton traveling for games with the team he too could return and make his Blue Jackets debut. #soon

Palinka

Dec 19, 2007
interesting...we could have had Carter AND Richards??? Before this season the idea would have been a no brainer for me...

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2013/12/you-want-em-both.html

I never thought this would hit the mainstream.

From what I'd heard a couple years back, it's that Paul Holmgren was serious about moving both and doing it quickly. From what I've also heard, Scott Howson was interested until the price was revealed. I may be mismatching a piece, but I believe it was the 2011 first (8 - Sean Couturier), 2011 second (38 - Boone Jenner), 2012 first (2 - Ryan Murray), Jakub Voracek, and Ryan Johansen.

Whether that would have been a good deal on paper is irrelevant. The simple fact is that Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were traded for reasons not related to their on-ice play, and they would have been sent to a club captained by Rick Nash while also gutting the immediate and long-term future of the franchise. Needless to say, picking up both for that heavy of a price was never seriously considered.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I never thought this would hit the mainstream.

From what I'd heard a couple years back, it's that Paul Holmgren was serious about moving both and doing it quickly. From what I've also heard, Scott Howson was interested until the price was revealed. I may be mismatching a piece, but I believe it was the 2011 first (8 - Sean Couturier), 2011 second (38 - Boone Jenner), 2012 first (2 - Ryan Murray), Jakub Voracek, and Ryan Johansen.

Whether that would have been a good deal on paper is irrelevant. The simple fact is that Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were traded for reasons not related to their on-ice play, and they would have been sent to a club captained by Rick Nash while also gutting the immediate and long-term future of the franchise. Needless to say, picking up both for that heavy of a price was never seriously considered.

Thank god MacLean wasn't around. Turns out one of XGMSH's best move was a no-move.

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
per Shawn Mitchell: Horton cleared for some but NOT full contact. Nobody laid any big hits on him today. Still shooting for post Christmas.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Interesting tidbit in the Dispatch - Jackets are 12-9-3 against the East. Take away the 6 losses to Pitt & Boston and its a pretty impressive 12-4-2.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I guess if you take away most of the losses, the record tends to look better.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I guess if you take away most of the losses, the record tends to look better.

NSS. The point I was trying to make was that the Jackets have done very well against all but the 2 powerhouses in the East.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
NSS. The point I was trying to make was that the Jackets have done very well against all but the 2 powerhouses in the East.

That's pretty impressive. Although we wont go very far if we can't prove that we can take them on. We did it with Chicago and Detroit in the central. I think we'll eventually get their number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad