Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
What exactly is untrue about it?

I don't think Tyutin has is quite right when he talks about the American justice system like it's rigged against men. I think women in abusive situations face obstacles to being taken seriously, and #51 is illustrating that.

I have no problem with the idea that Varlamov's first (not biggest) mistake was getting involved with the lady in the first place.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just shut up Tyutin, if that's the way you feel then fine talk to Varlamov about it don't put it in the press.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I don't think Tyutin has is quite right when he talks about the American justice system like it's rigged against men. I think women in abusive situations face obstacles to being taken seriously, and #51 is illustrating that.

I think men in these he said/she said situations often get treated as guilty until proven innocent by society and law enforcement, but this is probably not the place to have this discussion. It would likely end up turning out like the mediocre/average debate except with infractions.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I think men in these he said/she said situations often get treated as guilty until proven innocent by society and law enforcement, but this is probably not the place to have this discussion. It would likely end up turning out like the mediocre/average debate except with infractions.

Yep. :nod:

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
i think men in these he said/she said situations often get treated as guilty until proven innocent by society and law enforcement, but this is probably not the place to have this discussion. It would likely end up turning out like the mediocre/average debate except with infractions.

nancy grace!!!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 14m
Tyutin, interviewed by The Dispatch did not deny making the comments, nor did he say his words were distorted by translation from RUS to ENG

buuuuuuuuuuuttttttt

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m
Puck-rakers:Tyutin: "I should have chosen my words a little better."

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...tin-i-should-have-chosen-my-words-better.html

Very poor choice of words, especially in the current winds of bully's, even in sport (NFL)...

Not good for Tyutin...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets are currently closer to Reinhart or Ekblad (3 pts) than the playoffs (5 pts). :help:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jackets are currently closer to Reinhart or Ekblad (3 pts) than the playoffs (5 pts). :help:

That the Jackets have played as poorly in stretches as they have, and have the record to prove it, and are only five points out of a playoff spot should tell you all you need to know about the value of this little statistic.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
That the Jackets have played as poorly in stretches as they have, and have the record to prove it, and are only five points out of a playoff spot should tell you all you need to know about the value of this little statistic.

Read this :(

It's past Nov. 1 at this point, but since 2005-06 season, only 3 of 32 teams 4 points back of the playoffs on Nov. 1 went on to make the playoffs.

I'm not sure how many points back we were on Nov. 1st.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...oughts-playoff-chase-begins-early-in-nhl.html

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
since its too early for the GDT...i'll just leave this here for now

http://allysongrono.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/new-columbus-york-blueshirt-jackets-drinking-game/

Note: The drinking game commences as soon as the pre-game show begins. I mean, it’s called “pre-game” for a reason, amiright?

One drink:

A Rangers/Blue Jackets crossover infographic is displayed on screen.
A former/current Blue Jacket/Ranger scores a goal.
Tyutin throws a hip-check.
A broadcaster references former teammates catching up over dinner.
“Familiar face(s)”
A player interview is shown on screen for the sole purpose of talking about his former team.
Bonus drink: The phrase “loved my time there” is used.

Extra Bonus drink: That phrase is followed up with “But I’m happy to be here now!”

“No hard feelings”
The word “emotional” is used by a broadcaster or player (But not by me. You’d be dead in seconds.)
The phrase “fan favorite” is used to describe a) Dubinsky as a Ranger, b) Dorsett as a Blue Jacket.
The former GAS Line (Gaborik-Anisimov-Stepan) ends up on the ice together.
A Rangers fan tweets about “wishing we had [current Blue Jacket] back.”
Bonus drink: The player is Fedor Tyutin.

Marian Gaborik is compared to Rick Nash.
John Moore is compared to Tim Erixon.
Someone on Twitter uses a bromance hashtag.
Bonus drink:… and it’s not me.

Two drinks:

A Rangers jersey is spotted in the crowd.
@BlueJacketsNHL and @NYRangers snarkily tweet at each other.
Bonus drink: I manage to weasel my way into the conversation.

Derek Dorsett and Brandon Dubinsky fight.
Derek Dorsett and Jared Boll fight.
Bonus drink: …and then surreptitiously fist-bump.

The points awarded on a Blue Jackets goal consist entirely of former Rangers.
Jody Shelley offers in-game commentary that is deemed “irrelevant.”
A Rangers broadcaster experiences a senior moment and mistakes J. T. Miller (currently #10 on the Rangers) for Marian Gaborik (formerly #10 on the Rangers) or John Moore (currently #17 for the Rangers) for Brandon Dubinsky (formerly #17 for the Rangers).
TMFT on the ice—that is, Too Many Former Teammates (more than 5) end up on the ice at one time.
Vinny Prospal is mentioned.
Bonus Drink: His headshot is displayed on screen and his spray tan is still fantastic.

Nikolai Zherdev is mentioned.
Bonus Drink: Christian Backman and Dan Fritsche are also mentioned.

Chug:

A player from one team celebrates a goal by “accidentally” hugging someone from the other team.
"Don't you ever leave me again, you hear?!"
“Don’t you ever leave me again, you hear?!”

Dubinsky is announced as the new Blue Jackets captain.
Buy out the nearest liquor store:

Gaborik scores five goals; Lundqvist, watching from the bench, whistles innocently.
Another trade is announced between the two teams… in the middle of the game.
Petr Prucha is mentioned. Hey, you never know.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We have a long way to go to get back into a playoff hunt but we may luck out being in the Metro division... the Rangers are currently in 8th seed with 6-8 points less than other division qualifiers at this point in the season.. The Metro is weak...

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
Unfortunately I don't think this team is built to play "catch up". They're going to have to rely on other teams faltering and that's never a good way to spend your season. While they're currently four points behind New York for third in the Metro, the Rangers have a game against the Panthers tonight. I don't see them losing that game, and fully expect the Jackets to be six points out of a playoff spot come tomorrow, and possibly eight points out after Tuesday's games (Rangers - Devils / Jackets - Capitals). The biggest reason I hate playing catch up is it means occasionally relying on teams like Florida, Buffalo, and New Jersey to beat the teams ahead of you in the standings and that is a very weak leg to stand on.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Porty must be running on fumes today...the comment about Boll in teh chat today is interesting

"Boll's been bothered by injuries that nobody will talk about."

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Porty must be running on fumes today...the comment about Boll in teh chat today is interesting

"Boll's been bothered by injuries that nobody will talk about."

Interesting to say the least but if he is injured and being ineffective due to the injuries, he needs to sit and heal. It doesn't matter what the injuries are. He's certainly not helping the team win games at this point. The energy and physical game he supposedly brings is lacking this season.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Interesting to say the least but if he is injured and being ineffective due to the injuries, he needs to sit and heal. It doesn't matter what the injuries are. He's certainly not helping the team win games at this point. The energy and physical game he supposedly brings is lacking this season.

THIS!

When JB is healthy, he is one of the best middle weights in the game. Also a great forechecker with some offensive skill. When he is playing timid, he sucks. So if he is hurt in anyway, coach should bench him.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: At #NHL GM mtgs, #CBJ Jarmo Kekalainen wants longer 4-on-4 OT, would support 3-on-3 OT to "let hockey decide games instead of the shootout."”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad