Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
Calvert/Anisimov/Atkinson

This was the line they skated on throughout practice today per @robmixer. I think this could be an excellent and exciting line for us. What say you fellow Jacket fans?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This was the line they skated on throughout practice today per @robmixer. I think this could be an excellent and exciting line for us. What say you fellow Jacket fans?

It has the potential to create match up problems. I'm not sure about Calvert and Atkinson on the same line, but you have to try it at some point.

Having said that, this thread might get merged here soon into the main line combo thread.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

Worth a look, but I kind of like Calvert and Atkinson split up to spread out the speed.

But really I'm responding to register my relief that Anisimov is practicing :yo:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
From AP at PuckRakers, today:

"--The Jackets will shuffle their forward lines once more in Chicago. Ryan Johansen centered R.J. Umberger and Nick Foligno on what appeared to be the top line today. 'I thought R.J. and Nick, at the end of the game (Tuesday against Dallas), they scored the big goal for us. They were pretty good in that spot. Getting Joey up there, hopefully he can help those two guys out and those guys can help Joey out, too.'”

It will be interesting to see how Johansen responds to facing top-line opposition. It's a big line, but I'm not sure how well they'll work together. Worth watching.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It will be interesting to see how Johansen responds to facing top-line opposition. It's a big line, but I'm not sure how well they'll work together. Worth watching.

5 on 5? Better than Brass. Of course that bar is low. Honestly Richards doesn't have a ton of options up there now, so it wasn't a stretch to think he would try it.

Having said that, playing in Chicago? Tough.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RickBownessJr: #CBJ's @Anisimov42 has 5 even-strength goals this season - tops amongst Russian-born NHLers; leads Datsyuk (4), Kovalchuk (3) & Ovechkin (3)”

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
My daughter and I had the pleasure of attending the CBJ Black Tie Blue Jackets fundraiser last week. It was, as usual, an inspiring event. Those kids walking with the players down the runway were the stars of the show. Inspirational, for sure. Many of the players made it a point to showcase the kids with a special "pose" or dance at the end of the runway. It was neat to show the players in a different light and I'm sure it was quite a night to remember for those gorgeous kids who are in a battle with cancer.

What I noticed different about this year is how well attended by the players it was. I was told the "player leadership team" made it mandatory... of course they can't make it mandatory, but strongly suggested everyone attend. There were only two players missing, by my count. Another player told me those two were sick.

JD, JK, HCTR and the entire coaching staff also mingled with the crowd. Broadcast was represented as well. Natalie, Maetzold, Rimer, Davidge and Dan Kamal were there with Maetzold doing the MC duties. I made it a point to tell Dan K how I thought he brought a degree of legitimacy to our broadcast team, and how great it is that he's willing to call out the weaknesses as well as the praise the home team. He said he tries to be fair and honest without being mean. I let him know that is appreciated. Columbus hockey fans aren't stupid, and I always found it insulting the way our broadcast team glossed over the mistakes.

No scarf-wearing Mike Todd anywhere to be found. What a relief. Just a few years ago, he was the MC. That was awkward. Maybe this is a shift away from him... hope so.

Not every player walked in the show, but they were there showing their support. In the case of a player at my table, giving generously at the live auction.

$300,000 was raised by this effort. I think one of the greatest things Mr. Mac did was establish the CBJ Foundation. They do wonderful things in the community; most of it goes unheralded. His son continues this mission, and for that I am grateful.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
What I noticed different about this year is how well attended by the players it was. I was told the "player leadership team" made it mandatory... of course they can't make it mandatory, but strongly suggested everyone attend. There were only two players missing, by my count. Another player told me those two were sick.

Just out of curiousity, which 2 players weren't there?

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Just out of curiousity, which 2 players weren't there?

Rather not say, I don't want to insinuate that they were anything but sick.

Auctions were waaaaay out of this fan's reach. One cool item was a pair of Tyutin gloves with the RIP Locomotiv 09.07.11 embroidered label he had affixed to his gloves after the tragedy. Tyuts had to get special permission from the NHL for the patch, and they are a really unique and historic gameworn item. I put a bid of $230 on them and they went much much higher.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Rather not say, I don't want to insinuate that they were anything but sick.

Auctions were waaaaay out of this fan's reach. One cool item was a pair of Tyutin gloves with the RIP Locomotiv 09.07.11 embroidered label he had affixed to his gloves after the tragedy. Tyuts had to get special permission from the NHL for the patch, and they are a really unique and historic gameworn item. I put a bid of $230 on them and they went much much higher.

That's fine, I wouldn't want to insinuate they were faking or anything. If I were even the slightest bit sick, I wouldn't have attended if I were them. Small children on chemo with weakened immune systems shouldn't be around people who are sick in the slightest so its best that they erred on the side of caution.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
My daughter and I had the pleasure of attending the CBJ Black Tie Blue Jackets fundraiser last week. It was, as usual, an inspiring event. Those kids walking with the players down the runway were the stars of the show. Inspirational, for sure. Many of the players made it a point to showcase the kids with a special "pose" or dance at the end of the runway. It was neat to show the players in a different light and I'm sure it was quite a night to remember for those gorgeous kids who are in a battle with cancer.

JD, JK, HCTR and the entire coaching staff also mingled with the crowd. Broadcast was represented as well. Natalie, Maetzold, Rimer, Davidge and Dan Kamal were there with Maetzold doing the MC duties. I made it a point to tell Dan K how I thought he brought a degree of legitimacy to our broadcast team, and how great it is that he's willing to call out the weaknesses as well as the praise the home team. He said he tries to be fair and honest without being mean. I let him know that is appreciated. Columbus hockey fans aren't stupid, and I always found it insulting the way our broadcast team glossed over the mistakes.

No scarf-wearing Mike Todd anywhere to be found. What a relief. Just a few years ago, he was the MC. That was awkward. Maybe this is a shift away from him... hope so.

Not every player walked in the show, but they were there showing their support. In the case of a player at my table, giving generously at the live auction.

$300,000 was raised by this effort. I think one of the greatest things Mr. Mac did was establish the CBJ Foundation. They do wonderful things in the community; most of it goes unheralded. His son continues this mission, and for that I am grateful.

Very nice to read your post. I watched the video of the event on the team's site and went all soft inside. Glad to hear most of the players were there and I'm pretty blown away by how much was raised! Those Tyutin gloves sound cool.

thanks!

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Bill_Roose: #RedWings will wear red "home" jerseys Saturday at @BlueJacketsNHL. Detroit will breakout white "road" sweaters for Sunday's game at JLA.”

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

#CBJ POHOP John Davidson refers to fans as "our gang" and "our group." Heard from many who say he's reached out to them on personal level.

Good to see the Pres mending fences with the fans.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@DMaetzMedia: Streak over. The team with the longest points streak in the #NHL is now the Columbus #BlueJackets. #CBJ 3-0-2 in last 5.”

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
“@DMaetzMedia: Streak over. The team with the longest points streak in the #NHL is now the Columbus #BlueJackets. #CBJ 3-0-2 in last 5.”

Wow.... nice retweet Howitzer....

This puts more significance on the coming Detroit weekend.... I wish I could be at the game in Nationwide tomorrow... big; big game for the CBJ!!!!

Don't let those Columbus traitor Red Wing fans intimidate you.... be engaged... ;)

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
What did he say?

Mostly the standard hockey interview.

When it was presented to him that the Jackets were on a bit of a roll he pretty much said because they continue to work hard and believe in each other. That they are starting to get to know each other better and understand what is expected of them.

What struck me about it, was how excited he seemed to be in saying it. You really get the feeling that it truly is the way they approach the game.

Gotta love the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->