Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You are thinking of the Boucher system Purcell. He will never be a physical player nor a great defensive forward. But since Cooper os here he does both a hell lot better.

And purcell has yet to play with Stammer this season other than some PP time.
He started on the second line with Killorn and Flip, but since our all rookie line struggled a little early on with getting on the scoreboard they decided to change Panik and him. He is playing with Palat and johnson since then. Both very
strong defensive forwards with some good offense. But since he is on the line the line has really got flying. Especially on the scoresheet.

If it really is Erixon to TB and it's a player from Tampa (not Syracuse) I would say they will swap Panik and Erixon.
But I doubt Tampa is really after Erixon, because he would go to the A anyways.
My bet is Nikitin eventhough I would love getting
Tyutin.
Would Purcell or Connolly + first in 2015 get the conversation starting for Tyutin?

Tyutin might just be our best. I don't think we'd part with him for anything like that. I'm not valuing Purcell or Connolly all that highly, though.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You are thinking of the Boucher system Purcell. He will never be a physical player nor a great defensive forward. But since Cooper os here he does both a hell lot better.

And purcell has yet to play with Stammer this season other than some PP time.
He started on the second line with Killorn and Flip, but since our all rookie line struggled a little early on with getting on the scoreboard they decided to change Panik and him. He is playing with Palat and johnson since then. Both very
strong defensive forwards with some good offense. But since he is on the line the line has really got flying. Especially on the scoresheet.

If it really is Erixon to TB and it's a player from Tampa (not Syracuse) I would say they will swap Panik and Erixon.
But I doubt Tampa is really after Erixon, because he would go to the A anyways.
My bet is Nikitin eventhough I would love getting
Tyutin.
Would Purcell or Connolly + first in 2015 get the conversation starting for Tyutin?

Thanks for the insight. Good to see him working hard for a team/coach and developing his game.

That said, and despite his goal-scoring ability, I'm not sold on Teddy as an add to the Jackets that offers a true upgrade.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I cannot see us trading Tyutin except for an extreme "knock me over" kind of offer.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just to clarify in case people have forgotten. Tyutin and Wisniewski have NMC and modified NTC.

They aren't going anywhere unless they want out of here. Neither of them act like they want to leave.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I concur. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Purcell, and think that without Stamkos, he's another third/fourth line player. He's not the guy driving the offense, he's the guy playing on the right line.

purcell has been on ice for 1.065 goals per/20 without stamkos. around 0.1 g less than with stamkos. that is for past two years.

that would still rank 20th in nhl for that time period.

he's a legit top6er and 1st liner based on production. best hands in tampa. has produced fine this year though he hasn't been with stamkos at all except on pp.

but i'm not sure if jackets should trade tyutin for purcell. probably not. i think tyutin is about as valuable as jj on d. maybe down the road when murray and other kids have developed a bit more.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
PR lines as of today...

F1: Foligno - Anisimov - Gaborik

F2: Letestu - Dubinsky - Atkinson

F3: Comeau - Johansen - Umberger

F4: Chaput - MacKenzie - Boll

I like the players there... if they play with passion and Bob is above average (this seasons average) I think we can beat Pittsburg twice.... perhaps homerism but that would be hard to say about me, the roster we have is damn good... but again, depending on Bob..

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
PR lines as of today...

I like the players there... if they play with passion and Bob is above average (this seasons average) I think we can beat Pittsburg twice.... perhaps homerism but that would be hard to say about me, the roster we have is damn good... but again, depending on Bob..

I'd feel a bit better if those names included guys like Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, DuPuis, et al. But thems the guys we have so lets hope for Bob being unconscious and every other brek we can get.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
PR lines as of today...

Would look much better with Horton, Calvert, and another scoring forward...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
You add those three pieces and Bobrovsky doesn't have as many lapses as he's been having, and we've got ourselves a team capable of making a deep run in my opinion.

Agree.... but the good thing is we do have depth now.... I did not post in that HF future thread but it's on the ball...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...rity-of-metro-is-opportunity-for-jackets.html

Nice piece of optimism from Arace this morning. Didn't really realize how huge this weekend is until I looked at standing. 2 wins we pull within 4 pts of PIT, 2 losses we fall to a 12 pt deficit. But Arace says we finish in 2nd place in Metro easily, so I'm not worried.

2nd? Possible. Easy? No way. Rangers coming on, Kreider a goal in each of the last 2 games, Henrik isn't going to suck forever, Nash (hopefully) will recover, Callahan will stay healthy, etc. I think they will be a major competitor for 2nd.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
2nd? Possible. Easy? No way. Rangers coming on, Kreider a goal in each of the last 2 games, Henrik isn't going to suck forever, Nash (hopefully) will recover, Callahan will stay healthy, etc. I think they will be a major competitor for 2nd.

Agreed. the only dominant team in our division is the Penguins, the rest (ourselves included) are fighting for the 2nd and 3rd (it looks like both playoff wildcards are going to go to the Atlantic). I anticipate the Islanders, Rangers and Caps all to be in the running for 2 and 3 with us. Even the Devils are not a team to be disregarded with their goal tending. Flyers...well who knows.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
You add those three pieces and Bobrovsky doesn't have as many lapses as he's been having, and we've got ourselves a team capable of making a deep run in my opinion.

I think last years stellar run by Bob and the D fooled a lot of people fooled into thinking that this team is a lot closer than it really is. It appears we have a lot of really nice building blocks in Johansen (potential Bergeron 2.0), Murray (potential Niedermayer 2.0), Atkinson, Jenner, Dubi, JMFJ, and Bob.

This isn't a bad team, however this team isn't going to be ready to win until some of the talent develops and gels. I think two years from now this team is going to be ready for a deep run and sustained success, but we have to get lucky with player development and make guys like Umberger and Foligno trade assets to improve our top line.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think last years stellar run by Bob and the D fooled a lot of people were fooled into thinking that this team is a lot closer than it really is. It appears we have a lot of really nice building blocks in Johansen (potential Bergeron 2.0), Murray (potential Niedermayer 2.0), Atkinson, Jenner, Dubi, JMFJ, and Bob.

This isn't a bad team, however this team isn't going to be ready to win until some of the talent develops and gels. I think two years from now this team is going to be ready for a deep run and sustained success, but we have to get lucky with player development and make guys like Umberger and Foligno trade assets to improve our top line.

This is ridiculous. We're not rebuilding, we're competing. Its too short a sample to make a whole lot out of our win/loss record, but our goal differential is even (good for third in the division). The way we've played lately has me confident that we'll make the playoffs.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This is ridiculous. We're not rebuilding, we're competing. Its too short a sample to make a whole lot out of our win/loss record, but our goal differential is even (good for third in the division). The way we've played lately has me confident that we'll make the playoffs.

So if it is too short of a sample to make much out of our win/loss record why can we make anything out of our goal differential?

I think we are somewhere in between seriously competing and needing to do a lot of building, tilting more to the latter than the former.

We are playing in what appears to be the weakest division and our playoff hopes are pretty much based on that not that we are a good hockey team (yet).

We have some good building blocks in place but we need more to be a serious contender.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Because its a bigger sample.

You're the brains when it comes to stats- so 60 some goals is a larger sample size than the 12 games in which they were produced?

Bottom line to be a bit ridiculous if we won a game 12-0 and then lost 11 by a goal each, our goal differential would still be about same so we'd be doing okay?

You can make all the arguments you want about this statistic and that statistic, but until the w's outnumber the l's by a significant amount I'm not sure the stats are all that important.:dunno:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
So if it is too short of a sample to make much out of our win/loss record why can we make anything out of our goal differential?

I think we are somewhere in between seriously competing and needing to do a lot of building, tilting more to the latter than the former.

We are playing in what appears to be the weakest division and our playoff hopes are pretty much based on that not that we are a good hockey team (yet).

We have some good building blocks in place but we need more to be a serious contender.

I think we're done "building". That's not to say I wouldn't like changes to the roster; as much as I like the guy, Wiz has been brutal often, and Umberger continues to disappoint me. Trades and FA signings to tweak the lineup should always be under consideration, but I think the signings of Horton and Bob and the elevation of Boone were among the last steps that could be considered building. Up and down the roster, I don't think there's anyone playing who is debatable they should be playing on an NHL team or occupying a role that's above their pay grade, including the rookie Ryan Murray.

Calvert and Horton are out, and Boone should probably be considered an important piece at this point, a contributor, who is also out. In my opinion we still hung with the Penguins with those important guys not playing. I know it was 4-0 at one point and I'm not sneezing at that, but it was that kind of game. The goalie was pulled.

With those guys in the lineup and the team playing their game, I don't think we'll be thinking that we have to do a lot of building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad