Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Otto Koivula sent back to Brideport.

Which means we have one roster spot open, right? I doubt we need it as the guys who are here will likely be the ones playing but as we're hitting the road, we may want to have someone in reserve in the event they get some bad clams pregame. Are any of the Centers in BP (Fritz or Bardreau) healthy yet? Wouldn't mind seeing them up with the team for the short term. Koivula could use to be playing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Which means we have one roster spot open, right? I doubt we need it as the guys who are here will likely be the ones playing but as we're hitting the road, we may want to have someone in reserve in the event they get some bad clams pregame. Are any of the Centers in BP (Fritz or Bardreau) healthy yet? Wouldn't mind seeing them up with the team for the short term. Koivula could use to be playing.

Well Kuhnhackl will be available shortly, so he'll probably take the spot, or Ladd.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's the significance of "returned on loan"? Could this be just for weekend games and then he's back?

He's Islanders property so all of the players signed with the Islanders who are there are technically loaned to them. Someone like McDonald is not.

Reactions: doublechili

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
What's the significance of "returned on loan"? Could this be just for weekend games and then he's back?

Anyone with a 1 way or even 2 way contract sent to the Minors is 'on loan' AFAIK.

Like PK said above me, McDonald does not have a 2 way contract, he has an AHL contract so he would not be 'on loan'. McDonald would need to sign an NHL contract to be 'called up'.

Reactions: doublechili

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The correct move.

Agreed.
Trotz had him on a tight leash with sheltered minutes as he should.
It's a shame he didn't build on the strong game he had against Columbus.
Hard to imagine that he'll be the answer to fill the #3C gap this year. Needs to ripen.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Dobson or Aho here?
I prefer Dobson on the right, but I have the impression that it will be him. Ideally, Hickey would be the best choice, but he is hurt too, I think. It's therefore possible that Aho is called back in his place.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Leddy is practicing already, so I don't think it's anything serious. Probably still whatever was nagging him earlier.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Is this guy related to the gambler giving tips on the Lightning game?
I've got no problem with the first part of his tweet. If he's indeed an orthopedist (I don't know if he is - he has Dr. in front of his name and is wearing a lab coat in his picture....and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night), he could comment on what the "concern" is. I do have a problem with him saying " he'll be out a minimum of 4-6 weeks". That's making an absolute conclusion without having any specific knowledge beyond what it looked like on TV. That is pretty shoddy work from a supposed doctor.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad