Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Welcome back Tommy
If Kuhnackl gets the start in MDC's place, that says more about Komarov's role on the team more than anything. At this point, if Martin went down, I could see Leo taking over his spot - he could be effective solely in a checking line role. But beyond that, he doesn't really seem to have a spot in this lineup. I love the guy but he's a black hole when it comes to offensive ability at this point.

If his contract was over next year, that'd be one thing. We would at least have some options in the off season. But 2 more years is brutal.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Welcome back Tommy

He seems to be the crumb thrown to us around big free agent signings.

The Islanders lost John Tavares but signed Tom Kunhackle to a one year contract.

Now it will be - The Islanders don't sign Taylor Hall but Tom Kunhacle recalled.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

The Islanders lost John Tavares but signed Tom Kunhackle to a one year contract.

Now it will be - The Islanders don't sign Taylor Hall but Tom Kunhacle recalled.

Kuhnackl seems like the poor man's Josh Bailey. He can sub in on every line, if necessary....at least in the short term.

Reactions: bigtim1988

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

And he’s really hurt the team the last 2 seasons:facepalm:

Friggin Trotz just loves to keep guys around who play well in their own end and can kill penalties. His lineup decisions are killing us!

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Knuckles is fine as a 13th forward. a good option for the price.

and TBH, I thought MDC looked pretty good, just before he got hurt. I still say we hang on to him a bit longer. can't complain about his work ethic.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Knuckles is fine as a 13th forward. a good option for the price.

and TBH, I thought MDC looked pretty good, just before he got hurt. I still say we hang on to him a bit longer. can't complain about his work ethic.

agreed. The production might not be there, but I like what he brought. If you didn’t know he was a 5th OA draft pick, you’d think he’s a useful component of a winning team

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
agreed. The production might not be there, but I like what he brought. If you didn’t know he was a 5th OA draft pick, you’d think he’s a useful component of a winning team
MDC brings a complete 200 foot game with intelligence and energy. He has not shown that he can score at this level (yet). But coach Trotz likes his game and what he brings, and trusts him on the ice. He and Kuhnhackl are similar players.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
The news of a Ladd recall ranks right up there with when they announced there would be a Smokey and the Bandit 3.
Wait, there’s a Smokey and the Bandit 3?! Sweet!

<two hours later in sponge bob voice>

Oh my..... That was... uh.....

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Wait, there’s a Smokey and the Bandit 3?! Sweet!

<two hours later in sponge bob voice>

Oh my..... That was... uh.....
Can Ladd go directly to video?

Giggle giggle snort snort giggle. Guess Butchie will have to pull the ole " Wiley Vet" out of the closet soon enough.

On a positive note , the Soundtigers payroll went down by 92 percent. LGI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad