Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Wow. Didn’t realize it was this deep and wide open. Ouch

He most likely completely transected his radial artery (not to mention tendon and nerve injuries). The arterial injury generally clots off with manual pressure and the hand circulation is aided by collateral flow from the ulnar artery.

He's looking at a prolonged recovery after surgery and long term full motor and sensory recovery is good percentagewise but not great.

Hoping for the best. From a hockey point of view, he's fortunate it's not his dominant hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I just got a good look at that picture of Clutter's wrist. That's it for breakfast.

I hope he can come back this season but I wonder if he can.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He's looking at a prolonged recovery after surgery and long term full motor and sensory recovery is good percentagewise but not great.

Of course I wish him a safe and speedy recovery. Since your post indicates medical knowledge will Cal no longer be able to shoot high glove wide off the glass upon his return ? You never realize what you have until it's gone .

LGI

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Of course I wish him a safe and speedy recovery. Since your post indicates medical knowledge will Cal no longer be able to shoot high glove wide off the glass upon his return ? You never realize what you have until it's gone .

LGI

I'm not sure about wide off the glass but the broad side of a barn should still be in play.

Reactions: mm11 and PWJunior

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
It was inevitable , I'm sure he's not the first to sustain such an injury. Ever since players started using the Lacrosse style gloves these type of injuries were to be expected.
I understand the belief is the longer collar on the traditional gloves somehow impedes the wrist shot I never saw it, we would loosen the laces on the old gloves never a problem.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007

Not sure if there is another move coming, as I don't think anyone is coming off IR now but maybe I missed something?

Move makes less than zero sense. Nothing has changed with the roster. So is trotz or Lou trying to say it was ladds fault we lost in his whopping 9 minutes of ice time. Way to give the guy a chance to prove he can still play. Nope let's go with Komarov and dal colle instead.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Move makes less than zero sense. Nothing has changed with the roster. So is trotz or Lou trying to say it was ladds fault we lost in his whopping 9 minutes of ice time. Way to give the guy a chance to prove he can still play. Nope let's go with Komarov and dal colle instead.
It's not about fault. It's about the fact that Andrew Ladd can't skate at the NHL level now. Did you see him in the 3rd period? Well hardly anybody did because he only got 4 shifts and he looked like he was going to throw up after his last shift.

Barry Trotz wants to roll 4 lines and he can't do it with Ladd on the roster. Trotz isn't going to wait for Ladd to play himself into NHL shape. And frankly I don't think that Ladd is capable of that anymore.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Why not wait to see why the move was made before getting upset about it? Curious move right now but maybe a trade is coming through or a Kovalchuk signing where he needs the room?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I really thought that was a joke when I initially read it so I went to the Isles site to verify. Time to see what Dobson and Aho are made of, and to see if this team can overcome injuries to key players.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
giphy.gif

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
That’s a shame for Pelly. Was really coming into his own this year. Hope his recovery goes well. Tough blow for a young guy.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Well that sucks. If it's a rupture requiring surgery (which it sounds like it is, recovery is minimum 4 months. Best case he's back for the 3rd round of the playoffs. Gulp.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Sucks but this team has had almost no injury problem the whole season. The only injuries have been to role players like Clutterbuck, Martin, etc. Pelech is a bigger loss, no doubt, but there is still no excuse. Pittsburgh has played without some of their best players for weeks and is essentially in the same position as us. All it means is that it is even more important our GM wake from his coma and do something by the deadline this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad