Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Koivula recalled from Bridgeport.

Martin and Kuhnackle both placed on IR retro to 10/25/19

IR list is getting quite crowded

Thankfully aside from Eberle nobody on there yet who will really hurt them. If they start losing guys like Pelech Toews Barzal Brassard etc they could be in trouble

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Thankfully aside from Eberle nobody on there yet who will really hurt them. If they start losing guys like Pelech Toews Barzal Brassard etc they could be in trouble
at the same time, having 5 forwards on there creates a ton of depth issues. We can not really afford to have anyone else go down at this point.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Supposedly Dobson has the flu now too. That could force Boychuk to play Tampa and in Buffalo. That ain’t good

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Too bad about Dobson being sick. Can we keep him and Komorov away from the rest of the team until doctors say they aren't contagious?

It looks like Ladd is getting really close to returning.

There's going to be a huge crunch of forwards once everyone is healthy. It's almost like this is an extended training camp with a bunch of our borderline guys getting a chance to win spots. Even cooler that we're winning games and kicking ass while this happening.

Reactions: dood

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Koivula recalled from Bridgeport.

Martin and Kuhnackle both placed on IR retro to 10/25/19

IR list is getting quite crowded
Testing the organization’s depth. Fortunately we’ve been banking wins during this stretch.

Reactions: nyscene

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Too bad about Dobson being sick. Can we keep him and Komorov away from the rest of the team until doctors say they aren't contagious?

It looks like Ladd is getting really close to returning.

There's going to be a huge crunch of forwards once everyone is healthy. It's almost like this is an extended training camp with a bunch of our borderline guys getting a chance to win spots. Even cooler that we're winning games and kicking ass while this happening.
Hopefully Trotz means what he said when he inferred that he wouldn’t be so quick to break up a lineup that’s been winning. Eberle must get back in when he’s ready. I don’t think anyone else on IR needs to dress for every game when healthy.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Thanks Leo.:facepalm:

Leo has been sick awhile. I doubt it was him. There is pretty much a nationwide outbreak of respiratory illness the last 2 weeks or so. I’ve seen people sick everywhere

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This has kind of worked out like a Hollywood script in that most of the injuries are to non-key guys outside of Eberle.

I think we are learning about guys early this year instead of doing fantasy recalls at game #50 to find out these guys are not ready

Otto - we will see
Bardreau - solid 13th forward
Wahlstrom - good potential not ready
MDC - never will be ready, he has AHL ceiling

Believe when healthy team will look like

Lee/Barzal/Bailey
Beau/Nelson/Eberle
Ladd/Brassard/Leo
Martin/Cizikas/Clutter

Bardreau/Johnston

Unless Wahlstrom pots a few goals or Otto becomes Frans 2.0

Reactions: impaaaaaact

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This has kind of worked out like a Hollywood script in that most of the injuries are to non-key guys outside of Eberle.

I think we are learning about guys early this year instead of doing fantasy recalls at game #50 to find out these guys are not ready

Otto - we will see
Bardreau - solid 13th forward
Wahlstrom - good potential not ready
MDC - never will be ready, he has AHL ceiling

Believe when healthy team will look like

Lee/Barzal/Bailey
Beau/Nelson/Eberle
Ladd/Brassard/Leo
Martin/Cizikas/Clutter

Bardreau/Johnston

Unless Wahlstrom pots a few goals or Otto becomes Frans 2.0
Why would you put Brassard back at center?

Reactions: LeapOnOver

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Why would you put Brassard back at center?

I think the issue is who becomes the 3rd line Center with Ladd, Eberle and Leo back.... I don't see any one sitting unless they bench Martin for Ladd and keep either Otto or Bardreau in uniform.

I just think these are the issues when these guys come back, Eberle is going to Nelson's line I would assume... I mean this would be an alternate configuration that may work if Ladd is worthless

Lee/Barzal/Bailey
Brassard/Nelson/Eberle
Beau/Cizikas/Clutter
Martin/Bardreau/Leo

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I hope Otto is ready. He can be the 3 line center, that we need.

I wouldn't count on him being a center in the NHL just yet. He just got moved to the position this past year in the AHL. I do hope he creates competition on LW. Hopefully this lights a fire under MDC.

I feel that with their frames and games, if he could supplant any current roster player, it's Dal Colle.

Don't know why people think Wahlstrom isn't ready, he has yet to get on the board but definitely generates chances and has been one of the best on the forecheck since joining the team.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Surely Ho-Sang must be kicking himself now. He probably would've been called up if he'd not asked for a trade, but now he is not even in line for call up. Down to bare bones now.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I think the issue is who becomes the 3rd line Center with Ladd, Eberle and Leo back.... I don't see any one sitting unless they bench Martin for Ladd and keep either Otto or Bardreau in uniform.

I just think these are the issues when these guys come back, Eberle is going to Nelson's line I would assume... I mean this would be an alternate configuration that may work if Ladd is worthless

Lee/Barzal/Bailey
Brassard/Nelson/Eberle
Beau/Cizikas/Clutter
Martin/Bardreau/Leo
Ladd's like the Great Pumpkin. Everyone hopes to get a glimpse. There's an apparent sighting, but then in a blink of an eye, he's gone. Then your sister puts you to bed, and when you wake up, everyone is saying that they hope to see him next year.

Reactions: majormet and dood

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Ladd's like the Great Pumpkin. Everyone hopes to get a glimpse. There's an apparent sighting, but then in a blink of an eye, he's gone. Then your sister puts you to bed, and when you wake up, everyone is saying that they hope to see him next year.

Yeah that is a good analogy, he will probably play 3 games and then suddenly be scratched for one game and then find out he has herniated 15 disks in his back bending over to tie his skates

Reactions: beach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad