Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yeah, I'm just not thrilled with sending guys down who have been playing fairly well for Ladd but I guess that's going to happen. No word on Eberle still.

I would imagine the leash on Ladd is gonna be pretty short. He will he 20 games but if he’s not doing anything or looks like he can’t really keep up with the game anymore I think this is gonna be his last season here

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
andrew-ladd-2019-7440.jpg

He's still on his conditioning stint, so I really don't think they're waiving Koivula now to make room for Ladd in two weeks.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Komarov is likely coming back. When Eberle is ready to return, Wahlstrom will be the one to return to Bridgeport.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Komarov probably had mono or pneumonia. Eberle is bizarre because initially they didn’t IR him. You wonder if that was thought to at first just be minor and after a day or two they realized it was a break or even a low grade ligament tear

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Komarov has a neck issue apparently, which is about as good to hear as Clutterbuck and Ladd's back issues.

Martin has already started skating again.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Ladd played the last game on his LTIR conditioning stint today. What now. Waive him and let him stay at the Bridge to get more games under his belt(no one is claiming). Activate and he plays and if so who goes to the press box? Or activate and he becomes the 13th forward and Bardreau goes back down?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Ladd played the last game on his LTIR conditioning stint today. What now. Waive him and let him stay at the Bridge to get more games under his belt(no one is claiming). Activate and he plays and if so who goes to the press box? Or activate and he becomes the 13th forward and Bardreau goes back down?
I think you are mistaken. He was sent down 11/2. That's only 4 days ago. Unless my understanding is off (which happens many times a day), he should get a 2 week stint there.

Reactions: Costigan77

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think you are mistaken. He was sent down 11/2. That's only 4 days ago. Unless my understanding is off (which happens many times a day), he should get a 2 week stint there.

I think it was reported he'd be back up after today's game and that's what @PROMputt is going off of.

Reactions: PROMputt

crasherino

May 9, 2013
They have won two in a row, so that's something.
Well....clearly its Ladd then. The guy's unstoppable.

In all seriousness though, I'm perfectly content with him coming back and getting a spot. I like Ross and am happy with how he's playing but a healthy Andrew Ladd can contribute to this team. Whether he's healthy and for how long, remains to be seen. But lets at least take a look. I'm not rushing him back but when he's ready, let him play.

Reactions: xECK29x

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Well....clearly its Ladd then. The guy's unstoppable.

In all seriousness though, I'm perfectly content with him coming back and getting a spot. I like Ross and am happy with how he's playing but a healthy Andrew Ladd can contribute to this team. Whether he's healthy and for how long, remains to be seen. But lets at least take a look. I'm not rushing him back but when he's ready, let him play.
We have already seen him, I am sure he is worse after more injuries. He will get a look under Trotz, but hopefully the guy on the side of the stage with the long hook will be ready.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
We have already seen him, I am sure he is worse after more injuries. He will get a look under Trotz, but hopefully the guy on the side of the stage with the long hook will be ready.
You're perfectly reasonable in being a skeptic here. But I'm looking at his situation and trying to be optimistic and thinking that he may well be able to play still. I'm probably very much off base here, but I'm hoping I'm right. I thought he had some jump in the few games he played last year in between injury. If he can resurrect some of what made him a 20 goal scorer here, we can upgrade from what MDC is giving us, which isn't all that much.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Have we had any reports as to how he's looked? I presume he's back to his pre-injury McDavid-esque skating and scoring goals by the bushel.

Right? Right?
I saw him live Saturday and on the live stream Sunday. Honestly I thought he was fine those 2 games. His line was involved in 3 goals over the weekend.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Ladd's conditioning assignment to BPT has been extended for 2 more games. I think Isles are going to reevaluate the roster again after Saturday.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
It would be quite the message if Ladd returned for a week and was sent down if he couldn't keep up.

It's not like he's setting the world on fire in the A. Zero points in three games. Last year he had five points in two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad