Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
at this point Davidson is not even on my radar. When he gets back, he gets back I guess but he's missed so much time that he might not even be in top form for a while after that even, which tends to be the case with shoulder problems.

It would have been nice to have a healthy D for once but at least we can be thankful that Chia signed Russell right before the season started.

I'm pretty stoked that Caggiula and Hendricks are back at least

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
at this point Davidson is not even on my radar. When he gets back, he gets back I guess but he's missed so much time that he might not even be in top form for a while after that even, which tends to be the case with shoulder problems.

It would have been nice to have a healthy D for once but at least we can be thankful that Chia signed Russell right before the season started.

I'm pretty stoked that Caggiula and Hendricks are back at least

Without Russell this team is trash.

Vanqu1sh

Feb 28, 2013
Edmonton
Davidson should be ready in time to fill in once the next injury hits our D. Agreed that right now though, probably doesn't even play.

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Davidson should be ready in time to fill in once the next injury hits our D. Agreed that right now though, probably doesn't even play.

Assuming he's back to 70% of pre-injury form I don't think there's any chance he's not an upgrade on Benning... He just adds a lot more than Benning at this stage, as fine as he's been for a rookie Dman.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Assuming he's back to 70% of pre-injury form I don't think there's any chance he's not an upgrade on Benning... He just adds a lot more than Benning at this stage, as fine as he's been for a rookie Dman.

I think benning has been really good in a #6 role rather than playing 2nd pairing.

But I still think Davidson would be an upgrade on him and nothing wrong with Benning going down to the AHL to develop.

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
I think benning has been really good in a #6 role rather than playing 2nd pairing.

But I still think Davidson would be an upgrade on him and nothing wrong with Benning going down to the AHL to develop.

He has been, but Davidson last year was a legit Top 4 Dman, something Benning hasn't really come close to looking like. Imagine a legit top 4 guy on your bottom pairing.

Even if he doesn't regain that form he's still bringing more to the table at this point than Benning and I'd imagine he'd flourish in a bottom pair role with easy minutes.

Benning looks very promising and I'd love to get him prime minutes in the A and bring him along next year with some time under his belt.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Davidson is more responsible with being mindful of his positioning on the point, but he doesn't shoot often enough.

If he's really DTD... I'm REALLY excited.

He needs to shoot more... I've spoken to a few Oilers' players and they mentioned that he has an insanely accurate bomb

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Gregor said he is skating with the team but is likley 10 days away from playing.

10 days is better than months!

Excited to see him back when he finally does make it back. He's a much more calming influence on the bottom pair than Benning, who while showing well at times is still a rookie prone to very inconsistent play. Same goes for Nurse who has done well this year, but can also be inconsistent for games or stretches. Davidson was the definition of consistent last year and imo will be a very calming influence on the bottom pair when back, no matter who he's playing with.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
10 days is better than months!

Excited to see him back when he finally does make it back. He's a much more calming influence on the bottom pair than Benning, who while showing well at times is still a rookie prone to very inconsistent play. Same goes for Nurse who has done well this year, but can also be inconsistent for games or stretches. Davidson was the definition of consistent last year and imo will be a very calming influence on the bottom pair when back, no matter who he's playing with.

I'll believe hes close to being back when he actually plays a game for the Oilers.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com

you forgot that this is the edmonton oilers. the chances of a guy returning from injury before another guy gets hurts is close to zero

nurse on IR this morning

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
you forgot that this is the edmonton oilers. the chances of a guy returning from injury before another guy gets hurts is close to zero

nurse on IR this morning

qdBfex3.jpg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
ugg... lets hope its a "normal break", and does not require surgery.... if its a normal break, how long is that? 8-10 weeks? like sometime in mid-late february?

davidson can't come back fast enough

****, this really sucks tbh. He had some really good moments this season, looking like his potential, and this will put him back in development.

Edit ... haha I cannot say *another-word-for-crap-beginning-with-sh* but I can say sucks ??? That's really odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad