Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
An update on Davidson:

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/nurse-and-davidson-injury-updates/c-284374984?tid=281885062

Oilers head coach Todd McLellan gave a brief injury update on Sunday morning on injured blueliners Darnell Nurse and Brandon Davidson.

"Not until we get through the weekend and doctors have a chance to evaluate him again," McLellan said about Nurse. " We'll be on the road when we get the update so Peter or somebody will send something out."

As for Brandon Davidson, he's getting much closer and there's a chance he could see game action on this upcoming road trip.

"He's skating again today. He's going to come on the trip. I don't expect him to play in Buffalo but we'll see as the week goes on."

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Getting Davidson back will be big even if hell be rusty for first 10 games. Hell be a suitable bottom pairing guy for a while and hopefully get back into his old self and is a #4 D after 10-15 games. Him merging again will be huge for the D core

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
As always with the Oilers, no word on what the injury is...

The depth defence have been dropping like flies this year. Davidson, Fayne, Nurse, Oesterle all out currently; plus Russell, and Reinhart have missed significant time too.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
New management comes in from another organization and immediately shuts down the communication on injured players makes me think that other teams might make use of this information, thus Chiarelli wanted to shut that down.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
New management comes in from another organization and immediately shuts down the communication on injured players makes me think that other teams might make use of this information, thus Chiarelli wanted to shut that down.

Honestly some guys just don't care either. To a lot of guys they are more concerned about what they have to work with, not what they might have. So unless someone directly asks a question they aren't going to make note of injuries.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Need Davidson back stat!

To be honest I'm tempted to say Davidson should do a conditioning stint once he's healthy. He looked behind pace during training camp (and the one game he's played, but not really fair to judge him on that). Dude should take a few games to get up to game speed at the AHL level.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
To be honest I'm tempted to say Davidson should do a conditioning stint once he's healthy. He looked behind pace during training camp (and the one game he's played, but not really fair to judge him on that). Dude should take a few games to get up to game speed at the AHL level.

Just ease him into action, is all that needs to happen. 3rd Pairing, No Pk for now.

Russell-Larsson
Sekera-Benning
Klefbom-Davidson

Also Klefbom deserves a couple of games demotion to refigure stuff out.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
Thought I read on TSN today that Davidson and Gryba were both activated off the IR. Good news if true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad