Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
that is too bad, kid can't catch a break when it comes to injuries

It's crazy how injury prone he is.

Now entering his 6th year of pro hockey the most games he's played in regular season has been 62. And that was his first year of pro. Since then he hasn't broken the 50 game mark in any season.

Oct 15, 2008
Well I would rather have a player that gives 110% like Pitlick has been doing for 50 games than someone who goes through the motions or plays on the perimeter for 82. Tough break. Hope he gets well soon.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Well I would rather have a player that gives 110% like Pitlick has been doing for 50 games than someone who goes through the motions or plays on the perimeter for 82. Tough break. Hope he gets well soon.

So you would be okay with watching a team full of Hendricks?

"Atleast they tried their best!"

Oct 15, 2008
So you would be okay with watching a team full of Hendricks?

"Atleast they tried their best!"

Hendricks has been a warrior for the Oilers. Much of the time it was him and him alone. He had to fight much bigger guys because, well, nobody else would. So yes, I would rather watch a team full of Hendricks's vs a team full of quitters or cowards.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So what happened to pitlick? Didn't see it in the highlight package

Collided with Lehtera going into the corner, must have hurt his leg in the fall.

Edit: Truth be told, when he went down hurt I thought he was just winded, I didn't think he'd twisted up his leg at all.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It sucks, but the way he plays the game it's gonna happen.

Curious to see how long he's out and when he does return can he still be effective or is it going to take him a few weeks to get back into the swing of things.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m2 minutes ago

#Oilers President & GM Peter Chiarelli announces Tyler Pitlick will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL (left knee).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Terrible news. Can't imagine that's easy for him to hear after finally starting to establish himself as an NHLer. Hendricks owes him a few million gift baskets.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
God dammit. I dont feel this will have a significant impact on us as I think Pitlick would have cooled off a bit. But hes still a good depth player.

And most importantly this sucks for the person and player. Pitlick has had horrible luck. Finally established himself as an NHLer and it gets taken away

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
It sucks because he was producing. We can only hope this team is finally deep enough that losing bottom 6 players don't kill the team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah that sounds about right.

yup... about par for the course.... wouldn't be an oilers season without somebody going down with a season-ending injury

- pitlick, gone for season (misses about 50 games)
- pak, gone for first half of season (looks like he will miss 40-50 games)
- fayne, gone for first half of season (looks like he will miss 40-50 games)
- nurse, misses middle two quarters of the season (looks like he will miss 40 games)
- davidson, missed first third of season (misses about 30 games)

we currently have the 2nd most man games lost in the league, 24 games behind detroit for lead, and 30 games up on dallas for 2nd... i suspect we will finish top-3 for sure once season is over... so, again, pretty par for the course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad