Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hope the Prust injury is not serious and Diaz and Bourque are improving. Last thing we need is a pile of injuries to sidetrack our season.

OneHandsomeSheep

Jun 24, 2012
Hopefully the absence is around 2 weeks at most, our schedule is pretty light coming up, we can survive this stretch without him:

SUN, 10 MAR 2013 CANADIENS PANTHERS 6:00 PM RDS, TSN-HABS
WED, 13 MAR 2013 SENATORS CANADIENS 7:00 PM RDS, TSN
SAT, 16 MAR 2013 CANADIENS DEVILS 7:00 PM CBC, RDS, NHLN-US
TUE, 19 MAR 2013 SABRES CANADIENS 7:30 PM RDS, TSN
THU, 21 MAR 2013 CANADIENS ISLANDERS 7:00 PM RDS
SAT, 23 MAR 2013 SABRES CANADIENS7:00 PM CBC, RDS

"Pretty light?"

Doubt it, any stretch where you've got to take on the Icelanders is bad news for these boys.

void

Jan 5, 2006
985Sports:
Brandon Prust a quitté l'aréna avec l'épaule gauche dans une attelle d'immobilisation. #Canadien #CH #Habs

Left with a sling. :help:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
jp_tvasports ‏@jp_tvasports
Brandon Prust me confirme qu'il manquera à l'appel pour environ 1 semaine #ch. Blessure à l'épaule gauche.

@JessAlexx C'est ce qu'il m'a dit personnellement!

This guy claims Prust told him he'd be out a week.

A sling is common so soon after an injury, I believe.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Brandon Prust me confirme qu'il manquera à l'appel pour environ 1 semaine #ch. Blessure à l'épaule gauche.

Good news, I guess. We only play 2 games next week.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Not sure if this guy is reliable or not. If Prust already knows, then we should hear from the coach's mouth tomorrow.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
He probably dislocated his shoulder. I think it will be 1-2 weeks before hes back at the very least. Then again im not a doctor.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal

So did a doctor tell Prust or did he just presume it?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
That was one time I really wouldn't have minded him not trying 110%. Knew it was not going to end well as soon as he gave chase. Props to Pruster and hindsight is 20/20, but I could have lived with the icing that ended up ensuing. (Despite our garbage faceoff %.)

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Maybe Patches has a spare cybernetic implant lying around he can give to Prust to speed up his recovery.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Like I just said on the PGt...that's not reassuring to me. That DOESN'T mean, everything is fine, no biggie, you'll see me tomorrow. 2-3-4 weeks might mean soon...
4 weeks is pretty much a month, which is not soon IMO. I'm thinking 1-2 weeks.. and that's good considering it could have been a lot worse.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
ahhh let him rest a bit, hes been gassed the last couple games

still playing amazing, but still gassed, itll be good for him

and heal up that shoulder a bit

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Prust (minor?) injury...blessing in disguise maybe.

We all knew something was going to happen sooner than later since he's doing everything out there (overworked)...he needs some help + some rest. I prefer this now VS right before playoffs or during playoffs...there's a bright side to this...hopefully he gets plenty of rest. Time for White, Moen, and maybe even Armstrong to step it up in the grit department.

This is good in a way since Prust needs some rest before playoffs (re-energize).

Maybe White can energize the team a la Prust.
(just needs Therrien's confidence).

Pigems*

He probably dislocated his shoulder. I think it will be 1-2 weeks before hes back at the very least. Then again im not a doctor.

That's what it looked like to me as well, he didn't hit the boards hards but his shoulder was right around the area where the glass meets the boards(where the lip is) with his arm hanging down. I'm not sure what else it could be with how easily he collided with the boards. Hope he's back sooner than later.

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
Time for Moen, White and Armstrong to step up.
Particularly Moen because we all know he can play better.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin
Brandon Prust has a first degree shoulder separation, should be out about ten days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad