Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Eric Stall bruised his ego in the 2nd and the coaches speech shattered what was remaining of his confidence during the intermission :sarcasm:

:laugh: Poor guy, first game in forever and had a pretty rough outing, an injury would be icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing Pateryn though.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
As someone who has suffered multiple concussions, it is definitely frustrating. You can wake up in the morning and feel great, head out to the gym to work out and suddenly you start to feel dizzy and get the feeling that you need to throw up. It sucks.

And imagine if your job was to play hockey. I bet there isn't a single hockey player who doesn't feel that he's living his dream. These guys are being held back from doing that they love because of some condition that they can't even treat. It would drive me nuts.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Interesting just how fast your D depth can disappear. Everyone was pushing Kaberle and Weber out the door and suddenly we're down two D and calling up Pateryn from Hamilton.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Interesting just how fast your D depth can disappear. Everyone was pushing Kaberle and Weber out the door and suddenly we're down two D and calling up Pateryn from Hamilton.

But I hope they play Kaberle ahead of Pateryn and that Greg is just insurance in case yet another guy goes down or is sick.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As someone who has suffered multiple concussions, it is definitely frustrating. You can wake up in the morning and feel great, head out to the gym to work out and suddenly you start to feel dizzy and get the feeling that you need to throw up. It sucks.

Yep I feel you. I had to stop Football because of this couldnt even complete my college years. But I don't really get the symptoms anymore, or I am just used to it now...

But I hope they play Kaberle ahead of Pateryn and that Greg is just insurance in case yet another guy goes down or is sick.

We could give him a chance against a team like Tampa. But I'd prefer if we gave him a chance against a slower team.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Want both of these guys back in the lineup but If I had to choose one its Bourque. Plek needs him and Ryder would benefit from Bourque's speed and strength sucking in defenders on the rush and in the corners for the dirty work. That being said, Diaz would be a huge boost to the back end.

Can't rush concussions...gotta have them back well rested/healthy (no symptoms), so they're ready for playoffs. They should take their time since we're doing well (but hopefully they come back before the trade deadline so GM Bergevin has an idea of who to get,etc).

The SENS are winning without their #1 dman, #1 goalie, #1 sniper...we should be able to win without Bourque and Diaz...for now;).

P.S.: I want to see Bourque and Diaz back as well...but it's more important that they come back 100% FRESH/HEALTHY...no symptoms. And their concussions don't seem as serious as (for example) Pronger, Marc Savard,etc... since we're maybe talking about a week, two weeks or slightly more...not months. Anyways...they need the green light from the doctor...just hope the doctor knows what he's doing. Eric Lindros was given the green light many times but that was B.S. (apparently?). I hope Gallagher didn't come back too early...he has played really well since but still have to hope he's really a 100%. And I'm concerned about Markov, Subban, Gorges...I don't want them to burn too much gas/energy...gotta have some gas left for the playoffs. After all...it's the real season.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I disagree.

Ideally Pateryn, Beaulieu and Tinordi would each get 1 or 2 games this year.

Shirt term cost, long term gain.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
How did Bourque get hurt? I guess those helmets need upgrading.

Nobody can say for sure, but the speculation is that it was from Orr's punch in a scrum, during the 6-0 game. It didn't look like he was ready for it.

He played some games after, thinking that he was battling the flu, but now we know better.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
if he was back on the bench to play...probably aggravated a deep bruise or strain. should be back by Ottawa Wednesday

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Hopefully the absence is around 2 weeks at most, our schedule is pretty light coming up, we can survive this stretch without him:

SUN, 10 MAR 2013 CANADIENS PANTHERS 6:00 PM RDS, TSN-HABS
WED, 13 MAR 2013 SENATORS CANADIENS 7:00 PM RDS, TSN
SAT, 16 MAR 2013 CANADIENS DEVILS 7:00 PM CBC, RDS, NHLN-US
TUE, 19 MAR 2013 SABRES CANADIENS 7:30 PM RDS, TSN
THU, 21 MAR 2013 CANADIENS ISLANDERS 7:00 PM RDS
SAT, 23 MAR 2013 SABRES CANADIENS7:00 PM CBC, RDS

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I'm not a doctor. But I don't think it's serious. Probably day to day. Will see soon from Therrien

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Has Mark Recchi gave his diagnosis on Prust as of yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad