Post-Game Talk: Inhabitant

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can only imagine this place if we lost. :skeptic:

A7C6E430-008D-4A7A-ADB6-DD582F6A3321.gif

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We will not win in the playoffs with Shesty and Fox playing like this.

I'm confident Fox turns it around and is fine....

I'm losing confidence in Shesty... He just looks lost.

I don't expect our breakout to magically improve... at this point I'd rather have our defenseman just bang it off the glass instead of trying to make a play with possession... because this system doens't allow it

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I don't expect our breakout to magically improve... at this point I'd rather have our defenseman just bang it off the glass instead of trying to make a play with possession... because this system doens't allow it

Curse of the ASG. Rather our guys don’t go and get that game suspension.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Rangers are on pace for….checks notes….104 points, but sure let’s act like we are a terrible team

So? Are they playing well? Have they played well since the winning streak was snapped?

We have 27 regulation wins that didn't require OT/shootout in 64 games this season.

We may be on pace for 104 points but they leave a lot to be desired when I watch them. They need to flip a switch and do it soon as far as I'm concerned.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I really think you need to separate kreider and Zibs. Yeah they are decent defensively, even though the metrics say Zibs is bad but they just force too much together

And please do not bring up “well look how good we did in the playoffs”.

We were terrible 5v5 in the playoffs. We were easily the worst 5v5 team in the playoffs.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
my hope is that this is one of those "bad games that we found a way to win and brought the team closer together", and we go on another run. I have my doubts it'll work out that way though

Buffalo's coming into today's game MAD after being embarrassed last night (side note, Granato leaving Comrie in for 10 (TEN!!!) goals against is some real AV shit)

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
my hope is that this is one of those "bad games that we found a way to win and brought the team closer together", and we go on another run. I have my doubts it'll work out that way though

Buffalo's coming into today's game MAD after being embarrassed last night (side note, Granato leaving Comrie in for 10 (TEN!!!) goals against is some real AV shit)

Remember the Vally in Dallas game from back in 2007?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

This is such a false narrative being pushed here

First of all you don’t need a superstar goalie to win a cup, Corey f***ing Crawford was a Stanley cup winner, Darcy kuempfer

The playoffs are a crapshoot where literally any team can win

Lay off the weed

Reactions: The S5

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I just find it astonishing how hard it is for this team to break out and transition and in contrast, how easy it is for the opposing team to break out and transition.

The opposing team has so much space. We concede the neutral zone. We concede zone entry. We concede all the way to our dots.

we’re just too easy too play against

First of all you don’t need a superstar goalie to win a cup, Corey f***ing Crawford was a Stanley cup winner, Darcy kuempfer

Lay off the weed
😂 LOL

If you think we’re winning with this shesty, you’re the one on drugs

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I just find it astonishing how hard it is for this team to break out and transition and in contrast, how easy it is for the opposing team to break out and transition.

The opposing team has so much space. We concede the neutral zone. We concede zone entry. We concede all the way to our dots.

we’re just too easy too play against

😂 LOL

If you think we’re winning with this shesty, you’re the one on drugs
Ooo stop it

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kane and Panarin on the same line is like watching the same player, except Panarin has more jump in his step.

I thought Trocheck and Panarin found some chemistry before they went and added Kane, but being between those 2 he looks lost.

Shesterkin played much better after the 3rd goal. Some shots hit the post but maybe that's because he was more aggressive and held his position better.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gallant executing a 1A and 1B PP seemed to work last night , scoring two PP goals. Also noticed he had placed Fox on each unit to start the PP. Guess to see which worked better with him ? He is our engine that drives the PP.

Reactions: will1066

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Honestly it’s hard to win when your best player (Adam Fox) is playing like this. No one suffers more when lindgren is out than he does. It’s an issue. He’s looked terrible lately. Two goals just awful decisions by him.

Shesterkin needs to make some saves. The forwards need to play more of a 200 ft game but your best player can’t play like that.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
This place is getting unbearable to read, to many armchair coaches who are clueless themselves, the group narrative of always being negative and repeating what another claims, 0 personality. Used to be great coming here to read opinions.

I seen a hell of a game that had me sitting on the edge of my seat, wasn’t a great play but Montreal was bot bad at all. Also to all the coaches and gm’s here, it takes time, when new teammates join the club, to jell in.

Happy we won.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way if all Patrick Kane ever does is teach Alexis Lafreniere how to play right wing as a lefty shot (he’s his favorite player by the way) he’d have been worth it all. Next year laffy is going to have to play right wing at some point if not all year.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I mean let's not kid ourselves, this isn't a Cup winning team we are seeing lately - if they are having trouble dominating a basement dweller who has 12 regulars out of the lineup then what's going to happen when the first round starts against a playoff team.

We'll - I'll tell you:

1. The playoffs are a completely different game. You can amp yourself up as much as you want for a reg season contest as much as you want, but it's still just a regular season game. Going into a playoff game, the feeling and focus of an athlete completely changes. And with the type of personalities on this team - we've seen it in the past. Doesnt make it right but I feel thats part of whats going on.

2. The collection of players on this team have more experience and cups than last season. It counts for something. The Rangers are the type of team that can flip the switch when needed. Its certainly not ideal, because bad habits die hard - but I expect this team to rachet up their level of play and attention to detail once things get close.

3. There are still 18 games left and this team has dealt with a lot of self inflicted roster issues and injuries. Hopefully theyll settle into a groove here the next few weeks.

Thats my positive half-is-glass full take on the team.

My rational mind tells me that while all of that is very possible, this club isnt screaming "dominant" cup contender. They are finding themselves down in way too many games, their goaltending has been erratic and their decision making has been frustratingly poor.

Their defense, both from the forwards and defensemen around their net is a mess. Way too spastic. The mental errors of mis-managing the puck needs to come to an end and quickly. We arent seeing a consistent flow to their game and you could say that has to do with injuries and all of the new personnel, but its been going on longer than that.

This team needs a stretch of 2-3 total goal games, whether they are on the winning or losing end doesnt matter. With all of the issues they've had and Igors struggles they are still a top 10 defense in the league, although they are slipping quickly. Its frustrating to watch for sure and they are better than this.

Last edited:

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019

Lay off the weed
Do you really think this team in front of a Shesty playing this way is the equivalent to the Colorado avalanche of last year? There’s a reason they won despite Darcy Kuemper. We’re closer to the local beer league than that team

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Laf should have had a couple of goals last night, maybe even his first hat trick. He was engaged and found chances. But that line has died up and I put most of the blame on Kakko. (Not that Chytil has been great) When that line is clicking he controls the puck down low - around the net and side wall, and lately he's been doing a lot of nothing. 0 shots in 3 of his last 5 games.

Fox is 100% the blame for the first goal and maybe even the short handed goal. I don't know if Kane fully catches the player he was chasing but what an absolute low IQ move by Fox to take that player and force Kane to cut across and chase a wide open Anderson, who is a much faster player and 0 chance to catch. The thought process was to be aggressive here and force a turnover before that pass can get across but it was 100% the wrong decision.

Last edited:

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Gallant executing a 1A and 1B PP seemed to work last night , scoring two PP goals. Also noticed he had placed Fox on each unit to start the PP. Guess to see which worked better with him ? He is our engine that drives the PP.
With this much depth, I actually like not having 5 man PP units.

I just wish Trouba wasn't on the PP.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I'm fine with Trouba on the PP because Panarin and Kane can be the PPQB. I don't want to see Trouba leading the breakout on the PP again, and with the 1A/1B PP forward units, I doubt we will.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Fox hasn't been great even when Lindgren was still in the lineup. We could see an erosion in his game if he's no longer successful in faking people out to get through them. That's critical for him when he doesn't have blazing speed to blow by people. He gets into trouble when the forechecker doesn't go for his fakes and stutter moves.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Agreed.I would rather celebrate a loss when we played well.
You would? Not me. I'm not thrilled with the performance, but.....2 pts. THAT is what counts. No style points for playing well and LOSING.
If you or anyone else believes that the actual participants are "happy" with their performance as a team, then I would say they're lying to themselves. A win is a win, while supposedly striving to get it together, just in time. 18 left and seems we ain't catching the Devils (barring any miracles), but not concerned with the Islanders in the same manner that we're not catching the Devils. And, the Penguins suck. So, there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad