Post-Game Talk: Inhabitant

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Hmmmm. The BIG picture... The big picture is that this team is 3rd in the division almost definitely locked into a post season berth, 9th in the entire league, just loaded up for the playoffs and have been looking to gel in the face of having a weird schedule, new faces and a shortage of important regulars. A LOT of the league would love to be us right now.
yeah, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism s always cool. Gloom and Doom, “they’ll be bounced from the playoffs in 5 games”, incessant complaining is plain and simple something most, or at least a lot, of us do not enjoy or want to deal with. The “Lafreniere will never be more than a bottom six player at best” nonsense has at least quieted down, but it’s a bad game or two away for him, I’m sure.
You mean the folks screaming he was being ruined because he wasn't getting first line minutes and PP1 assignments? Crazy how he's improved dramatically the last month or so without getting any of that for the most part, wonder where all those posters went?

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
You mean the folks screaming he was being ruined because he wasn't getting first line minutes and PP1 assignments? Crazy how he's improved dramatically the last month or so without getting any of that for the most part, wonder where all those posters went?
sure them and the “let’s trade him for whatever we can get” crowd, because he’s a bust, was overrated, and the “he will never be more than a bottom six plug” folks.
Not the people saying he’d have elevated numbers if his usage was similar to the traditional 1OA path. I don’t think it’s coincidence that with more responsibility and power play time he’s playing with more confidence and putting up much better numbers.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
sure them and the “let’s trade him for whatever we can get” crowd, because he’s a bust, was overrated, and the “he will never be more than a bottom six plug” folks.
Not the people saying he’d have elevated numbers if his usage was similar to the traditional 1OA path. I don’t think it’s coincidence that with more responsibility and power play time he’s playing with more confidence and putting up much better numbers.
I understand the elevated numbers/usage thing and it's probably valid to a point. But the truth is, he stated playing better when he was put back with Kakko and Chytil on the 3rd line with no noticeable jump in icetime or PP usage and certainly not playing with star players.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Funny this game counted the same as the one against Calgary. Still a lot of work to do but I’ll take the 2 points
Very astute of you Mc. (Not derogatory) Some people simply don't get the basics.
Complain, complain even after a win, whether deserved or not. When did our Rangers become God's gift to the NHL? Where we are "expected" to play great and win nearly each and every night?

1. I want to be entertained by watching my favorite team.
2. If not thoroughly entertained, at least win.
3. If they don't win, I am disappointed but think.....when is the next game?
4. If they win, I will rarely be super critical. It's not called for. IMO.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They went on to complain about obtaining Kane, Tarasenko, Motte and Mikkola. About line combos cause they know better. About Zibanejad and Kreider relegated off of PP1, etc.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I'll second this. This team is littered with "big game" player personalities. Zibanejad, Kreider, Fox, Trouba, Miller, the kid line. They have all showed that when the games get tighter they can elevate their play.

Kane and Tarasenko specifically have been the catalysts to carry teams to cups in the past. They show up when it matters.

These games don't even matter and you can see glimpses of it. Tarasenko took over that game vs Philly and was a bull in that third and OT. Last night after that give away Kane WANTED the puck on his stick. You can tell he was going to rip it the second it came to him and his emotion after the goal showed he was pissed and he wanted to make it up.

I know some of these games can be frustrating but Lindgren coming back will be a huge lift defensively too. I have full confidence that this group will put it together down the stretch and when the games matter, they will show up.
Thats the spirit!!!

I definitely think Tank and Kane will be leaders in the room. I like where Tanks game is headed

Still cant believe Patrick Kane is a Ranger. When Sam says his name it doesnt sound right

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
In>>>Thoughts on tonight’s game

Not sure what Joe and Sam were watching, they both seem really inspired beating one of the worst teams in the league. Them winning is the only redeemable quality about tonight’s game, most of which was played in our zone. They rave about our defense--you don’t give up short -handed goals and pretend you’re going to win the Stanley Cup a couple months. Good teams don’t string together ass performances to teams that are pretty bad… If you do that typically, that literally means you are worse pretty bad teams… This team does it typically… Or just eeking past those teams.

They're a bunch of unimpassioned bitches… And it really does seem like Kane is learning the way>…

Mika isn’t bad, he’s Zibanejanebad…

I loved when Vesey reacted to not scoring on a rush in the third… “I can’t believe that didn’t go in, I shot it like directly into his diaphragm, was the f***?

The little campaign promoting Michelle Gingras is weird probably the result of of one Cablevision’s higher-ups fulfilling a contractual agreement.

Cablevision determine when We Found a Way to Win.

Everyone loves Trouba now because it's his birthday.
So, you enjoyed the game.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The fact we removed Panarin's pond hockey buddy Strome just to replace him with pond hockey buddy Kane is causing me massive agita.

If this is really how we're going to deploy those two I would have rather just kept Strome and added a solid d-man at the deadline.
I said in the pre game it would be who was best at pond hockey type of game . All that was missing was a couple of pair of rubber boots . FIRE DRURY .....I wonder how many guys we can send to the World Championships off our roster ???? I doubt Kane and Panarin would go.....probably no Russians at all ?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Kirk is always angry when the Rangers win. And when they don't win.
I’m angry when they play and look like shit. Regular season wins and losses are pretty meaningless. If they play well they will win, if they play like trash they usually lose but still might win due to having a huge talent advantage over certain teams. Btw the only teams we’ve beaten in the past couple weeks were Philly and Montreal, 2 teams icing half an AHL roster. And we needed OT/Shootout to do it. If you want to throw a parade knock yourself out.

Carolina had the same problem.
Carolina has won like 20 out of 21 games or something, and usually take care of business, they’re allowed to have a letdown every once in a while. This game was a continuation of a long stretch of horrific hockey by the Rangers, there’s a major difference.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I’m angry when they play and look like shit. Regular season wins and losses are pretty meaningless. If they play well they will win, if they play like trash they usually lose but still might win due to having a huge talent advantage over certain teams. Btw the only teams we’ve beaten in the past couple weeks were Philly and Montreal, 2 teams icing half an AHL roster. And we needed OT/Shootout to do it. If you want to throw a parade knock yourself out.

Carolina has won like 20 out of 21 games or something, and usually take care of business, they’re allowed to have a letdown every once in a while. This game was a continuation of a long stretch of horrific hockey by the Rangers, there’s a major difference.

Your posts are 90 something percent angry, no matter the circumstances.

If the Rangers got to OT against Montreal, they suck.

If Carolina does it, no biggie.

The same Rangers you complained about all last season beat Carolina in the playoffs.

All you do is complain.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Your posts are 90 something percent angry, no matter the circumstances.

If the Rangers got to OT against Montreal, they suck.

If Carolina does it, no biggie.

The same Rangers you complained about all last season beat Carolina in the playoffs.

All you do is complain.
No, the rangers suck because they suck, going to OT against Montreal is a symptom of that. If they were playing well and just happened to have a bad game against Montreal, oh well it happens to everyone.

All the excuses people had for their bad play lately we’re out the window, they had a full squad, 4 days rest, new guys got practice time, and they still looked just as awful as always.

They have put together a great roster but have been playing way below their ability all season. I know some people believe they will just magically turn it on once game 83 hits but somehow I find that to be unrealistic.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille