Post-Game Talk: Inhabitant

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
They've been our best line tho.

The Kreider-Zibanejad-Tarsenko lab leak is what's killing us.

what? the Zibanejad line was our best line by far last night. i thought that line looked great and the analytics show that they were.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kane and Panarin on the same line is like watching the same player, except Panarin has more jump in his step.

I thought Trocheck and Panarin found some chemistry before they went and added Kane, but being between those 2 he looks lost.

Shesterkin played much better after the 3rd goal. Some shots hit the post but maybe that's because he was more aggressive and held his position better.
When Shesterkin gets on top of the crease, he’s at his best.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Gallant executing a 1A and 1B PP seemed to work last night , scoring two PP goals. Also noticed he had placed Fox on each unit to start the PP. Guess to see which worked better with him ? He is our engine that drives the PP.
During the broadcast Joe was clearly explaining (what’s not a rocket science really) it to those who had needed to rant in outrage about Kreider and Zibanejad being removed from PP1.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Igor was stinky in the first two periods and in the 3rd and OT he was all over the place and did not look comfortable nor in control at all.

HOWEVER - he made some big saves in the 3rd on good chances, he made some big saves (and got some help) in OT and he came up big in the shootout and was able to pull out the win. HOPEFULLY that win and his role in it in the 3rd/OT/Shootout can get his headspace right and he can build off it and start to get back to himself.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Igor just needs to play more. he's played like friggin 5 games in the past month with this dumbass schedule.

Reactions: bhamill

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Gallant executing a 1A and 1B PP seemed to work last night , scoring two PP goals. Also noticed he had placed Fox on each unit to start the PP. Guess to see which worked better with him ? He is our engine that drives the PP.
Wild, at least a dozen folks here swore that idea was DOA. I need to start keeping receipts

This place is getting unbearable to read, to many armchair coaches who are clueless themselves, the group narrative of always being negative and repeating what another claims, 0 personality. Used to be great coming here to read opinions.

I seen a hell of a game that had me sitting on the edge of my seat, wasn’t a great play but Montreal was bot bad at all. Also to all the coaches and gm’s here, it takes time, when new teammates join the club, to jell in.

Happy we won.
Well said. More and more it’s moving away from analysis, towards who can shout the loudest/most often. And we have so many posters, 50+ page GDT, it’s becoming such diminishing returns to sift through the BS to find meaningful posts.

There are reasons internet message boards have largely died, replaced by sites like Reddit where good content is filtered up by upvotes/karma. I wish I could read the content on this site in that type of format so I don’t have to succumb my brain to 10k+ posts of EdJovanovski and co (I can’t mute him because he starts PGT and I will lose those if I mute him)

Last edited:

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
It was a time travel moment for this fossil to hear Sam say ReeSHARD for Montreal. And the kid wears number 9(ty). Maurice was retired before I ever watched the Rangers but Henri was still around. Is there a Cournoyer in juniors somewhere?
Yeah. I noticed. Richard AND Savard…

Reactions: ArPanet

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Igor just needs to play more. he's played like friggin 5 games in the past month with this dumbass schedule.
Yeah with the schedule being so weird with so many back to backs and 3in 4 nights and stuff it's not allowing him to get into a rhythm.

He needs like 2-3 straight weeks of 3 games a week with no more than a couple days off. He needs to get into his rhythm and it's not going to happen with him having random 4-5 day gaps between playing games.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Igor was stinky in the first two periods and in the 3rd and OT he was all over the place and did not look comfortable nor in control at all.

HOWEVER - he made some big saves in the 3rd on good chances, he made some big saves (and got some help) in OT and he came up big in the shootout and was able to pull out the win. HOPEFULLY that win and his role in it in the 3rd/OT/Shootout can get his headspace right and he can build off it and start to get back to himself.
Remember last year, we were giving up at least 40 shots most games. This year we are way down in shots against so I wonder if Igor needs to have a lot of work to stay sharp. Just a thought.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This is why he looks so much better with Lindgren. Lindgren reads Fox perfectly and knows when to drop down as an escape valve for Fox if his fakes aren't working and make a D to D behind then net or a quick give and go and something to open up the breakout. Fox with Lindgren vs Fox with anyone else (including Miller who mane people want Fox to be paired with) is night and day. Fox will eventually need to learn to play with someone else but right now he's an MVP level player with Lindgren and a good not great player without him.

Lindgren is very smart knowing when to drop back and help Fox, when to move the puck to him, when to take it himself - Lindgren has underrate wheels and has the ability to skate the puck out of trouble if needed.
it also helps that Lindgren is good and Mikkola is f***ing dreadful

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
How? We gave up 1 decent asset. Potentially 2 if we makes the semis.

I don't see us winning the Cup, but this is a giant overreaction.
agreed.

It is definitely a bummer that we look like crap with the offensive talent on this team, but I'm not really losing sleep over it considering we still have almost all of our prospects, and still have a 1st round pick this year.

when we sent our captain and 2 firsts for MSL, we didn't have a pot to piss in if things went sideways. He was super snakebitten in his first month i believe and I was VERY worried about it.

If we fail after making these moves, then we still have the necessary pieces to either promote or trade for help. Both of these guys were acquired for pennies on the dollar.

we still have Othmann, Cuyllle, Robertson, sykora, BMB, Jones, etc.

not much of value was lost

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
theyve been barely an nhl team for almost a month. are we supposed to be happy with it?
It’s crazy. Sorry we expect more of an NHL caliber team, especially against a Montreal team with 10 injuries? The bar is so low here sometimes. It tells you something about this franchise that everyone accepts mediocrity, which breeds mediocrity. We have 1 cup since hitler. We expect and deserve better, raise your standards.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I just find it astonishing how hard it is for this team to break out and transition and in contrast, how easy it is for the opposing team to break out and transition.

The opposing team has so much space. We concede the neutral zone. We concede zone entry. We concede all the way to our dots.

we’re just too easy too play against

😂 LOL

If you think we’re winning with this shesty, you’re the one on drugs
There were a few games where it reversed and we were smooth af on breakouts and constantly forced turnovers from the opposition on their breakouts. I'm 55% confident we'll find that again before the playoffs, Shesty though hasn't had a stellar performance for an entire game I feel like the entire season. He's constantly falling into a deep crouch and going down before the shot release and getting beat high blocker, or significantly off his angles on broken plays/rebound chances. If it were just one thing with him I'd feel better about him finding it again.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Are you expecting people to be happy with that performance? I really don't understand the mindset.
Some people can’t see the big picture. They can only see as far as did we get 2 points that night, and if you criticize the team you’re a bad fan.

We’re trying to win a cup here, not squeak out an extra point vs the likes of Montreal and Philly.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Some people can’t see the big picture. They can only see as far as did we get 2 points that night, and if you criticize the team you’re a bad fan.

We’re trying to win a cup here, not squeak out an extra point vs the likes of Montreal and Philly.
You're absolutely right. It's not even about the individual game in itself but just as much it's what the trend has been and what the underlying problems for this team are.

Reactions: CLW

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

Some people realize that they have no control over personel, usage or anything the team actually does and choose not to be over the top, whiny posters who do nothing but ruin the site.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Hmmmm. The BIG picture... The big picture is that this team is 3rd in the division almost definitely locked into a post season berth, 9th in the entire league, just loaded up for the playoffs and have been looking to gel in the face of having a weird schedule, new faces and a shortage of important regulars. A LOT of the league would love to be us right now.
yeah, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism s always cool. Gloom and Doom, “they’ll be bounced from the playoffs in 5 games”, incessant complaining is plain and simple something most, or at least a lot, of us do not enjoy or want to deal with. The “Lafreniere will never be more than a bottom six player at best” nonsense has at least quieted down, but it’s a bad game or two away for him, I’m sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad