Rumor: Indications are that Jim Benning will return (Friedman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Correct, they did not...I'm not endorsing the signings because that is what got them in this mess..I'm just trying to explain 'why' they signed them.
But there is no point because literally any single move ever made has a reason to it.

The real discussion should always be about the opportunity cost behind the decision.

I’ll give you an example that favors the canucks in my head -

After Gaudette is patient 1, they trade him for a career 0.1 ppg tweener after Gaudette produces a 0.5 ppg season. The on ice portion tells me that this is a stupid trade but there’s external factors such as Gaudette not being liked and players being extremely unhappy/their dissatisfaction with the organization increasing. In addition to this, Highmore was signed for league minimum in a clearly defined role as an energy depth guy. On the balance, you can now say “OK, this makes sense.”

There’s a “reason” for everything - whether that reasoning holds up or there were better options is totally a valid discussion.

Those signings were stupid - period.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
That's actually something to consider here. The Canuck fans don't generally like Travis Green, many wanting him replaced, but what do the players think of him? As it's been reported that he's a good communicator, maybe they like the guy and having management hang him out to dry is another black mark for the players against Benning.
I guess so. But many teams have played their way into getting their coach fired, even when they like and respect the guy behind the bench. It’s just a reality of professional sports.

Reactions: mossey3535

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Benning still hasn't had the balls to address the Virtanen fiasco.

Between last offseason, the COVID disaster, trading Gaudette for squat, Virtanen, possibly Green and Clark not returning.....

Just how the f*** does this guy get ANOTHER year?

I honestly hope most of the players just tell them to f*** off and want out.

Have EP sign an offersheet.

That promising core could be decimated within 12 months.

Really not that promising.

EP40 is great but a tier below McD / McKinnon / Draisaitl etc.

Hughes sucks balls in his own end. One of the worst actual defenders in the NHL.

Horvat is.... a “good” player. Often not a game changer. He’s halfway done his career.

Boeser has been great. that’s it.... not really a “core”.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Benning still hasn't had the balls to address the Virtanen fiasco.

Between last offseason, the COVID disaster, trading Gaudette for squat, Virtanen, possibly Green and Clark not returning.....

Just how the f*** does this guy get ANOTHER year?

I honestly hope most of the players just tell them to f*** off and want out.

Have EP sign an offersheet.

That promising core could be decimated within 12 months.
There's probably legal reasons for that.

Highmore is looking a lot better lately, always gives a full effort..Gaudette has offensive flair, but the rest of his game?

.....and you're wishing a whole bunch of very bad things to happen to the team?

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Imagine thinking you could just let the entire roster get covid because you didn't want to skip a practice and they'd just be cool and forget about it. LOL.

Reactions: vanuck and B-rock

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I guess so. But many teams have played their way into getting their coach fired, even when they like and respect the guy behind the bench. It’s just a reality of professional sports.

Player's coaches always get praised by their players but when they get fired nobody is really surprised.

Green can be a terrible coach whose players really like him. It's not mutually exclusive.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Imagine thinking you could just let the entire roster get covid because you didn't want to skip a practice and they'd just be cool and forget about it. LOL.

Here we go again with people blaming Benning for things that he doesnt have control over. Gaudette got his positive test mid practice and its the coaches decision whether to cancel practice or not. I swear some of you are worse than Trump supporters at criteral thinking

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Ownership has a choice in the next handful of days.

Try to right the ship by installing a new figurehead and bringing in a president that has autonomy OR go down the path of being a Ballard or Wirtz type owner who doesn’t care about anything but themselves. Screw the team. Screw the fans. This year they are clearly leaning towards the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad