Rumor: Indications are that Jim Benning will return (Friedman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
My guess: Benning is moved to the scouting department. Weisbrod fired. Courtnall comes in as an advisor and they hire a President and GM.

Better than nothing, but I think Benning will find a way to cockroach his way into staying on the team.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
tenor.gif

Not getting my hopes up until the official press release

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Neither Donnie or Dhali mentioned a replacement. My guess is they let Benning and Weisbrod go and name a new President (Gorton?) and let him sort the rest of the mess out.

Reactions: Tim Calhoun

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
My guess: Benning is moved to the scouting department. Weisbrod fired. Courtnall comes in as an advisor and they hire a President and GM.

Better than nothing, but I think Benning will find a way to cockroach his way into staying on the team.

That's still an absolute win.

Benning's history of drafting here is mediocre at best, but I'd rather him be there then have him at the helm.

Also Weisbrod fired is a win. Can anyone attach his name to anything successful this team has done, ever? Please let me know.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Wasn’t Benning trash/mediocre as head of scouting in the past? That would feel like a disappointing “win” since drafting is as important as ever in the cap era, especially with covid deflation.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
That's still an absolute win.

Benning's history of drafting here is mediocre at best, but I'd rather him be there then have him at the helm.

Also Weisbrod fired is a win. Can anyone attach his name to anything successful this team has done, ever? Please let me know.
He was quite successful in assisting Benning to get rid of anyone with competence or a dissenting opinion within the team. So he's got that going for him, which is nice...

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
What credible GM could possibly come here with the old GM (who has a history of backstabbing) currently still on his staff?

Also Benning is a terrible scout.

Anything less than Benning and Weisbrod both being fired into the sun is unacceptable.
Agreed. I just see Benning somehow weaseling his way into a role here, regardless. It's gross, but I just expect it at this point.

It would make me happiest if he is fired into the sun but I think Frank has developed a close friendship with him.

He will probably infect this organisation with his presence for ages, like Bobby Lenarduzzi does with the Whitecaps. Even if you demote him, he's still there, as a net negative and rubbing off on those around him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Agreed. I just see Benning somehow weaseling his way into a role here, regardless. It's gross, but I just expect it at this point.

It would make me happiest if he is fired into the sun but I think Frank has developed a close friendship with him.

He will probably infect this organisation with his presence for ages, like Bobby Lenarduzzi does with the Whitecaps.
If that happens then we’ll be stuck drafting a shit load of toolsy prospects who have average/low hockey sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad