Speculation: Incoming Nordiques Jersey?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How did St. Louis beat anyone? As boring and effort lacking as Detroit’s is, even that jersey still looks drastically better than St. Louis’.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It’s just a cheaper material on the numbers. It’s a flatter darker color, the twill would match the logo and pop more. I don’t think it means it will wear out faster or anything like that but if you are paying close to $300 for something then wouldn’t you like what you were expecting. If y’all get the jersey and it doesn’t bother you that’s fine! There’s certainly an element of bird in the hand with this jersey too, it’s not like it’s easy to go order another with the low availability and who knows how long to get that one in hand. If mine came vinyl I’d probably keep it TBH because I value not having a hassle to fix it all.

Still disappointing that they’d characterize something as authentic and not provide that. I wouldn’t care that much about the arm numbers but the giant ones on the back are that way too I presume? Are other teams experiencing this or did they just cheap out on the Avs ones? I don’t think it’s the Avs’ fault here, they sold what they received but the folks who handle merch all the time should have noticed this. I saw a breakaway regular home jersey at the store the other day and while their numbers aren’t the thick twill it wasn’t vinyl either, it was more of a thin soft fabric, which for the price I thought was decent. I have vinyl numbers on a “fashion” jersey I have, it’s a black Landeskog with burgundy and silver. It doesn’t bother me on that one but it’s obv not a main jersey nor characterized “authentic”. Also examining my closet, both jerseys I’ve bought at sporting goods stores have vinyl numbers, so it’s not something that’s easily detected.
Yea it's pretty tough to get another right now, coolhockey is sold out of anything bigger than a size 46 and apparently won't be restocking.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
How did St. Louis beat anyone? As boring and effort lacking as Detroit’s is, even that jersey still looks drastically better than St. Louis’.
No, that actually is the second best jersey in the Central, but that's because the Central has terrible ones. I don't get the hate for red in the Blues unis. I've always liked the ones that these red ones are based on.

Also, Butter Knives shouldn't have beaten Blue Habs. But if the Sabres had any sense and made a Goat Head jersey, that should have beaten the Whalers. And in fact, Screaming Eagle should have beaten that Whalers jersey, too.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
It was a vote via Twitter over the last couple of weeks. The Habs getting that far is what gets me. It's just their normal jersey with the red and blue swapped for each other. Real cleaver design there. LOL.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It was a vote via Twitter over the last couple of weeks. The Habs getting that far is what gets me. It's just their normal jersey with the red and blue swapped for each other. Real cleaver design there. LOL.
Yeah, well it looks good and a lot of these are kinda ugly. Of course they probably didn't even need a designer and those jerseys already existed all over junior hockey and whatnot.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Whalers jerseys in general are mega overrated, and so is this one.

Their best ones were actually the last ones.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The RR jerseys in the NHL store are just about all sold out, the new t-shirts are sold out a lot, the jerseys on Altitude are sold out, there still seem to be big problems with existing orders, and there's no sign of reups... The NHL seems to be f***ing up the supply chain on these pretty hard.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Dennis Gilbert rocking some of the blue gear. Also it looks like he has an actual number and not a pre-assigned strange training camp number. His helmet in the last photo shows a single number but I can’t make it out. Possibly #5.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad