In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I kept expecting Taylor to pull Grosenick with about 3 or 4 minutes remaining.

This is what I was referring to. Admirals were skating laps around the Wild who were completely gassed. Sure would've been nice to take a chance with the extra man there. Instead they didn't, eventually cleared the puck and got a faceoff in their offensive zone and we didn't get Grosenick off the ice until there was around 2:15 left. Not a lot of time when you're down 2 goals.

Reactions: adsfan

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If I'm reading the stats correctly, Anthony Richard had 13 points in 24 games prior to his callup with the Preds. He played one game in the NHL and then went back to Milwaukee where he has since put up 17 points in 18 games.

Season by season points-per-game progression:
2013 - QMJHL - 0.190
2014 - QMJHL - 0.788
2015 - QMJHL - 1.379
2016 - QMJHL - 1.500

2017 - AHL - 0.291
2018 - AHL - 0.481
2019 - AHL - 0.714

He's showing progress every year which is what you want from a prospect. He just turned 22, so he probably has another two seasons to make the NHL if he's going to do it. But just stat watching, and seeing his speed (in one game) at the NHL level, it looks like he could become a 3rd line scorer in the NHL.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Trenin credited with a PP goal. Should be Pedrie's. Nice screen by Trenin but the puck bounced well in front of Trenin and skipped off the ice and up making it look like a tip.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Apparently Tolvanen has two goals today so far.

Yes. He was the #1 star of the game in an 8-2 win over a thuggish Manitoba Moose team. Eeli scored the only goal in period 1 and had the first goal a minute into period 2. Pettersson scored goals 4 and 5 for Milwaukee.

Felix Girard, a mild mannered former Admiral, was a thug in this game. He got clubbed over the head by Blackwell for something that I didn't see behind the play about 7 minutes into period 2. The Moose kept messing with Blackwell during period one. I saw a Moose forward hit Blackwell across the back with his stick near their bench while the puck was across the ice. Blackwell turned around to hit him back and he jumped onto the Moose bench. Blackwell was later left in a heap on a face off dot in period one with no call. I didn't see what happened because I was watching Gaudet get smashed into the end boards when the puck was on the far side of the Ads offensive zone from both of them. I saw 4 Admirals get dumped behind the play in period 1, but I stopped counting. After Blackwell got the double minor for hitting Girard with a high stick, the Moose left him alone. Maybe something happened last season when he played for Rochester, because the Moose were after him from the start. Halfway through period 3, Girard jumped Ads Dman Scott Savage in the neutral zone for no reason that I saw. Felix got a 2, a 5 and a 10 for his effort. They showed Savage in the Penalty Box on the scoreboard. I could see what he yelled to Girard, but I can't repeat any of it here. That was actually one Moose penalty that the refs saw.

In period 3, Jeremy Gregoire had a highlight reel goal. He went nearly the length of the ice and past 4 Moose players to score unassisted.

The Ads kept their foot on the gas because of the thuggish play of the Moose. I thought that Eeli and Emil were both going to get hatters. Milwaukee hit 2 posts that I saw. They could have scored 15 in this game against Ken Appleby. He had a bad day!

Ref Ratings:
#1 Lucas Martin 4 out of 10. He actually called a few penalties that needed to be called.
#34 Stephen Reneau (same ref as last night) 2 of 10 for again not calling penalties that happened in front of him. I am surprised that there were only 2 fights in this game. I thought it was going to end with 5 or 6. The game didn't calm down until 4 minutes remained and I blame him for his lack of calls early in the game. A whole lot of crap went on in periods 1 and 2 that was not called. This guy is going to lose control of a game!

Last edited:
Reactions: Montross

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If I'm reading the stats correctly, Anthony Richard had 13 points in 24 games prior to his callup with the Preds. He played one game in the NHL and then went back to Milwaukee where he has since put up 17 points in 18 games.

Season by season points-per-game progression:
2013 - QMJHL - 0.190
2014 - QMJHL - 0.788
2015 - QMJHL - 1.379
2016 - QMJHL - 1.500

2017 - AHL - 0.291
2018 - AHL - 0.481
2019 - AHL - 0.714

He's showing progress every year which is what you want from a prospect. He just turned 22, so he probably has another two seasons to make the NHL if he's going to do it. But just stat watching, and seeing his speed (in one game) at the NHL level, it looks like he could become a 3rd line scorer in the NHL.

Richard has a lot of speed. He attracts a lot of attention in the AHL from opponents to slow him down. He isn't afraid to go into the corners or in front of the net. He knows that he is going to get hit and goes to those spots despite the bruises. He doesn't try to be the star of the team the way I have seen Fiala play at times. Today, Richard had 1 assist and 1 shot on goal. Milwaukee piled up 8 G and 13 A.

Today was Anthony Richard Pizza Plate Day. I would say that it is an eight inch plate. He has a nice smile in the picture.

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Yes. He was the #1 star of the game in an 8-2 win over a thuggish Manitoba Moose team. Eeli scored the only goal in period 1 and had the first goal a minute into period 2. Pettersson scored goals 4 and 5 for Milwaukee.

Felix Girard, a mild mannered former Admiral, was a thug in this game. He got clubbed over the head by Blackwell for something that I didn't see behind the play about 7 minutes into period 2. The Moose kept messing with Blackwell during period one. I saw a Moose forward hit Blackwell across the back with his stick near their bench while the puck was across the ice. Blackwell turned around to hit him back and he jumped onto the Moose bench. Blackwell was later left in a heap on a face off dot in period one with no call. I didn't see what happened because I was watching Gaudet get smashed into the end boards when the puck was on the far side of the Ads offensive zone from both of them. I saw 4 Admirals get dumped behind the play in period 1, but I stopped counting. After Blackwell got the double minor for hitting Girard with a high stick, the Moose left him alone. Maybe something happened last season when he played for Rochester, because the Moose were after him from the start. Halfway through period 3, Girard jumped Ads Dman Scott Savage in the neutral zone for no reason that I saw. Felix got a 2, a 5 and a 10 for his effort. They showed Savage in the Penalty Box on the scoreboard. I could see what he yelled to Girard, but I can't repeat any of it here. That was actually one Moose penalty that the refs saw.

In period 3, Jeremy Gregoire had a highlight reel goal. He went nearly the length of the ice and past 4 Moose players to score unassisted.

The Ads kept their foot on the gas because of the thuggish play of the Moose. I thought that Eeli and Emil were both going to get hatters. Milwaukee hit 2 posts that I saw. They could have scored 15 in this game against Ken Appleby. He had a bad day!

Ref Ratings:
#1 Lucas Martin 4 out of 10. He actually called a few penalties that needed to be called.
#34 Stephen Reneau (same ref as last night) 2 of 10 for again not calling penalties that happened in front of him. I am surprised that there were only 2 fights in this game. I thought it was going to end with 5 or 6. The game didn't calm down until 4 minutes remained and I blame him for his lack of calls early in the game. A whole lot of crap went on in periods 1 and 2 that was not called. This guy is going to lose control of a game!

About the officiating, what's going on in the AHL? It seems from the very few games I watch on TV that it's been on a serious downturn the last few years. NCAA and ECHL seems to be fairly consistent over the years but the AHL has been terrible lately.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
About the officiating, what's going on in the AHL? It seems from the very few games I watch on TV that it's been on a serious downturn the last few years. NCAA and ECHL seems to be fairly consistent over the years but the AHL has been terrible lately.

Keep in mind that you only see what the director wants you to see. I can look where I want and see more most of the time. It is probably worse than you think!

My idea is that all of the good AHL refs get called up to the NHL fairly quickly. All of the mediocre refs, who stay in the AHL, get called up a year or two later than the good ones. All of the bad AHL refs stay here for a few more seasons and maybe they quit, or get called up to the NHL to become bad NHL refs. So, we lose the best refs soon and have to put up with the dregs for 2 to 4 more years. How many AHL refs never get promoted? I have no idea what the correct answer is to that question in terms of numbers or percentage.

Previously, I blamed bad officiating on expansion of the NHL, but that was 1998 to 2000 for the 4 teams previous to Las Vegas. That led to poor officiating when the Admirals came into the AHL in 2001 for a few years. It got better in a year or two, but the last 2 or 3 years have been awful at times. I don't remember seeing Stephen Reneau before this weekend, but he doesn't belong in the AHL IMO.

When you see people laying on the ice holding their face and there is no call from the two refs, you wonder what they missed and maybe I missed. Then you see a little ticky-tack penalty and that gets called. It drives me crazy! I haven't watched as many NCAA games in recent years because the Badgers have been in the cellar ever since the BIG10 had their own conference along with Notre Dame. When the Badgers are playing well, they show more of their games on TV here in Milwaukee.

I went to a NCAA game wife my wife at MSOE a few years ago. One guy from some school in Illinois in their conference got called for boarding (5 minutes) in all three periods. He got thrown out when an MSOE player starting fighting him behind the goal after the third one. I guess you can board people all day long but you can't throw a single punch in the NCAA. What the heck kind of rules are those?

I will say that the NFL has had issues with officiating in recent years. They have a replay and STILL get the call wrong. Clay Mathews got called the first 3 games for roughing the QB. I have been hit harder at my local grocery store. At the end of the Packers season, Julio Jones has a ball hit him in the hands, hit him in the thigh and then bounce up 2 yards out of bounds and it gets called a catch. How do you explain those kind of calls? There is a lack of accountability in sports officiating. If I was that bad at my job, I would get fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preds Partisan

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Disappointing end to a disappointing season for Mismash. Here's to hoping that he bounces back next season.

On the flipside of things, Pitlick is doing great for the Gophers. Had two goals yesterday and now stands at 15+13=28 in 25 games played. Had 31 pts last season in 38 games.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Disappointing end to a disappointing season for Mismash. Here's to hoping that he bounces back next season.

On the flipside of things, Pitlick is doing great for the Gophers. Had two goals yesterday and now stands at 15+13=28 in 25 games played. Had 31 pts last season in 38 games.

Pitlick has developed into a guy that has a chance at being an NHLer. I didn't really expect it so a nice surprise from my perspective. A similiar final season to what Smith had in Wisconsin. Pitlick, Kondelik, Fabbro all with really good NCAA seasons this year.

Pitlick was taken with the pick we got for Jimmy Vesey. Wouldn't it be great if he turns into a better NHLer after all that went down.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Pitlick has developed into a guy that has a chance at being an NHLer. I didn't really expect it so a nice surprise from my perspective. A similiar final season to what Smith had in Wisconsin. Pitlick, Kondelik, Fabbro all with really good NCAA seasons this year.

Pitlick was taken with the pick we got for Jimmy Vesey. Wouldn't it be great if he turns into a better NHLer after all that went down.

I checked his stats. He has 79 points in 207 games with a -27.

The stats for this year are similar to Bonino's, except that Bones has a 19.2% SP and Vesey has 11.3%.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

pitlick has been impressive - saw a few gophers games this year. where would you slot him in a preds top 10?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Prospect Watch: January 2019

Skaters:

NamePos.GPGAPIMTeamLeagueAge/ClassAcquired
Jachym KondelikC2431912Univ. of ConnecticutNCAA19/Freshman2018 Rnd 4 #111
Spencer StastneyD25018Univ. of Notre DameNCAA19/Freshman2018 Rnd 5 #131
Grant MismashLW/RW215425Univ. of North DakotaNCAA19/Sophomore2017 Rnd 2 #61
Adam SmithD14114Bowling Green State Univ.NCAA22/Senior2016 Rnd 7 #198
Rem PitlickC25151314Univ. of MinnesotaNCAA21/Junior2016 Rnd 3 #76
Thomas NovakC252112Univ. of MinnesotaNCAA21/Senior2015 Rnd 3 #85
Dante FabbroD2351614Boston Univ.NCAA20/Junior2016 Rnd 1 #17
David FarranceD2341019Boston Univ.NCAA19/Sophomore2017 Rnd 3 #92
Patrick HarperLW/RW232116Boston Univ.NCAA20/Junior2016 Rnd 5 #138
Vladislav YeryomenkoD4322018Calgary HitmenWHL192018 Rnd 5 #151
Pavel KoltyginC44171439Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL192017 Rnd 6 #176
Jacob PaquetteD241317Kingston FrontenacsOHL192017 Rnd 7 #216
213126Niagara IceDogsOHL
Hardy Häman-AktellD251314IF BjörklövenAllsvenskan202016 Rnd 4 #108
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Goalies:

NameGPGAASv%TeamLeagueAge/ClassAcquired
Tomas Vomacka73.08.892Univ. of ConnecticutNCAA19/Freshman2017 Rnd 5 #154
Milan Kloucek123.04.900HC Dynamo PardubiceCzech Extraliga202018 Rnd 7 #213
112.25.925HC PrerovCHANCE LIGA
Karel Vejmelka282.28.918HC Kometa BrnoCzech Extraliga222015 Rnd 5 #145
102.05.925SK Horacka Slavia TrebicCHANCE LIGA
Konstantin Volkov 63.01.911Sokol KrasnoyarskVHL212016 Rnd 6 #168
21.38.944Yugra Khanty-MansiyskVHL
Niclas Westerholm 92.48.915SaiPaLiiga21Undrafted FA
22.00.940KetteräMestis
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
pitlick has been impressive - saw a few gophers games this year. where would you slot him in a preds top 10?

Hard to say since I haven't watched him too much, but maybe around the 5-6 area I'd think. Behind Fabbro, Tolvanen, Allard and maybe Kondelik but above Mismash, Farrance, Harper, Trenin and Carrier.

Reactions: neelynugs

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads lost to Manitoba tonight, 3-2 in OT. The Ads dominated at times and hit two posts with Tom McCollum in goal on Troy Grosenick Bobble Head night.

The best Admiral on the ice tonight was Dman Scott Savage. He probably saved 4 goals and threw the open ice hit of the game against LW Jansen Harkins. They were both laughing about it around 3 shifts later.

Savage and Felix Girard had a return bout. I scored it Girard 10 and Savage 9.

Now for the incredible news. We had 2 good refs tonight! Where has the AHL been hiding them?

Ref Ratings:

#66 Kenny Anderson, 7 out of 10. He did a good job except for 1 weak call that led to the tying goal.
#48 Beaudry Halkidis, 8 out of 10. He called the penalties that needed calling right from the start.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads lost to Rockford tonight, 3-2 in OT. The Ads dominated at times and hit two posts with Troy Grosenick in goal. It was a Groundhog Day rerun of last night's game, including the way and time the winning goal was scored. The Ads scored 2 goals in the last 2:30 to tie the game.

If I was the coach tonight, Pettersson gets benched. He was awful at both ends. He was a give away machine and fell down a lot!

Ref Ratings:

#31 Shaun Davis 5 of 10. Rockford wasn't called for a penalty until the end of period 2. He missed a few.
#4 Andrew Thackaberry 4 of 10. He lost his whistle during the second intermission. Olivier was put into a headlock in front of him in period 3 while chasing the puck, he just turned away and pretended not to see it.

Milwaukee always seems to lose when these 2 refs work their home games. It is really odd. Gaudet got mugged 3 or 4 times during the game and the IceHogs were never called for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad