In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Kirkland just knocked down T J. Tynan with the same kind of hit that Allard took. Tynan is on the Chicago bench.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Magwood was taken down after a clean hit. Brannstrom took his leg out after the whistle. Ads on the PP at 7:06 of the period on the slashing call.

Edit: Pedrie scores his first Admirals goal to make it 3-0 at 8:36 of the period.

That was the second Ads PPG tonight and 10th of the season against Chicago out of 26 PPG this year.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Chicago pulled their goalie with over 4 minutes remaining.

Olivier (3) scores at 16:06 to make it 4-0 against the sad sack Chicago Wolves.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bishoff gets his second hooking penalty of the game with a minute left. Ads on the PP again.

Troy Grosenick gets a shut out, his 100th win in the AHL, and his first shut out since 2017, 14th in the AHL, on 16 saves against the semi-comatose Wolves.

Milwaukee is now 20-16-6-1 on the season, good for 47 points in 43 games and 5th place with 11-9-4-1 on the road.

Grand Rapids has 53 points for first place. The Wolves have 51 points in 42 games for second.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Watch the slow-mo replay of the goal. Heck of a shot.

I was supposed to be at the game tonight. My wife is sick, so I am trying to take care of her. I flipped on the radio just in time to hear this, so seeing it is kind of nice. I must be bad luck for the Ads too! Richard with the hatter to make it 6-1 after 2 periods.

Reactions: cjerina

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He missed time at the WJC and when he came back, he missed some more games. He has played 27 of 44 games.

So extrapolated to 82 games that's 15 goals... in the freaking AHL... by a guy who was supposed to be an all world sniper.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
And also we still have to admit as a fanbase that he just had a hot run in the KHL, but he is not actually that player.

The barometer for prospects is if they're improving year after year. So if he is on a 15 goal pace at age 19, I'd expect that if he is in the AHL next season that he should score at a 25-30 goal pace. That would put his progressing in line with what you would want to see from top prospects and probably push him into the Preds lineup on a pretty permanent basis.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He is a 19 year old rookie in the AHL.

I get that. If hes a 2nd round pick who just came up from juniors nobody would be concerned. But this kid dominated the men as an 18 year old in the KHL and now hes totally meh. If you arent concerned you're silly

Reactions: triggrman

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I was supposed to be at the game tonight. My wife is sick, so I am trying to take care of her. I flipped on the radio just in time to hear this, so seeing it is kind of nice. I must be bad luck for the Ads too! Richard with the hatter to make it 6-1 after 2 periods.

Ads are 3-0-1 in Chicago this year, want to guess which one I attended? I also missed last night.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I get that. If hes a 2nd round pick who just came up from juniors nobody would be concerned. But this kid dominated the men as an 18 year old in the KHL and now hes totally meh. If you arent concerned you're silly

Ridiculous statement. First question I would ask anyone who starts talking prospects with strong opinions.

How many games have you watched him play?

Reactions: Montross

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's not like he didn't play here for a bit this season.

I'll say that he's not near what I expected. He's not a Radulov or Forsberg type talent, that I have seen.
I'd say he's more like a Smith with just a bit more accurate shot. May be more of a playmaker, but kind of feels the same which isnt the end of the world tbh especially if he can be good defensively as well.

Reactions: triggrman

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don’t think anyone who had high hopes for him after the KHL stint should feel too bad. Even the ‘experts’ had him slotted in as one of the top prospects, further fueling the fire.

I’m not throwing in the towel or anything like that on the kid. If he ends up being a solid 2nd line contributor then that’s perfectly fine for where he was drafted.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I don’t think anyone who had high hopes for him after the KHL stint should feel too bad. Even the ‘experts’ had him slotted in as one of the top prospects, further fueling the fire.

I’m not throwing in the towel or anything like that on the kid. If he ends up being a solid 2nd line contributor then that’s perfectly fine for where he was drafted.
if he ends up being a "smith" then I will celebrate. that would be awesome.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Nice of Taylor to just give up tonight.

I kept expecting Taylor to pull Grosenick with about 3 or 4 minutes remaining. Troy edged out of the crease a few times but never got the sign.

TheAHL.com says the attendance is zero, but I have to believe that it was close to 8,000. The concourses were so jammed that I could not get through by the Arena Store one time, so I turned around and went upstairs to walk. That has never happened to me all season.

I liked Donovan's early hit. That Wild player's skates were pointing up. I could not believe that Soucy did not get an instigator penalty! He skated over from at least 30 feet away to fight with Donovan. What is the point of having that penalty if you don't use it?

Ref Ratings:
#34 Stephen Reneau 3 of 10. He did not call a lot of what happened in front of him.
#33 Brandon Biggers 5 of 10. He always seemed to be at the other end of the ice during a penalty.

Note: One of the refs got knocked to the ice during a little skirmish by the Wild goal. No call on anybody for that one. That was about as violent as any ref contact that I have seen in a few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad