Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Missed the opener, so first home game last night. As I told someone at intermission, I feel as though I realized I've wasted the last 6 years of my hockey life watching Evason suck the fun out of hockey. Every line looks as though they possess some offensive talent, regardless of who is on it.

Seeing Trenin pair with Petterson seems crazy when you consider last year, the only time those two were on the ice together was during warmups. Richard was skating with a Oliver/Kirkland and making that work as well.

The thing that boggles my mind is the fact that we look this good, while missing Blackwell, Gaudet and Gregoire.

Trenin's interview was played between periods 1 and 2. He said that he never felt that the coach (Evason) trusted him nor encouraged him to play the style of hockey that he is used to playing. This coach is letting him play. He has 3 G and 2 A in 8 games. Last season Trenin had 5 G and 11 A in 44 games. (His stats come out to 17 G and 11 A in 44 projected games) He also said that his SO goal was his old junior move.

Reactions: cjerina

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Trenin's interview was played between periods 1 and 2. He said that he never felt that the coach (Evason) trusted him nor encouraged him to play the style of hockey that he is used to playing. This coach is letting him play. He has 3 G and 2 A in 8 games. Last season Trenin had 5 G and 11 A in 44 games. (His stats come out to 17 G and 11 A in 44 projected games) He also said that his SO goal was his old junior move.

Kinda sounds similar to what Kamenev said after he got traded.

Reactions: King Weber

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Kinda sounds similar to what Kamenev said after he got traded.

I never heard that, but Kam broke his arm so soon after leaving, that I never had much chance to follow him.

Kam was a heck of a player in Milwaukee, 36 G, 52 A, 88 pts in 127 games his first two seasons in NA. He liked to check people!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
This is by far the worst the Admirals have looked all year. Can't connect on passes. Probably haven't connected on two passes in a row since the 1st period.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I never heard that, but Kam broke his arm so soon after leaving, that I never had much chance to follow him.

Kam was a heck of a player in Milwaukee, 36 G, 52 A, 88 pts in 127 games his first two seasons in NA. He liked to check people!

Here's what he said (to a Russian outlet):

Were you satisfied with your trade from Nashville?

VK: Sure. Avalanche’s playing more European hockey. I’m not going to say anything bad about the Predators, but style of game is more schematic. Yes, you should be ready for everything, but I didn’t like it.

But you still scored a lot of points playing for Milwaukee Admirals.

VK: Yes, the Predators farm team plays exactly the same style of hockey, but I allowed myself to play the way I like in my last year there. There is a funny story, that happened after my trade to Colorado. I tried to play the way they taught me in Nashville on one of my first practices with new my team. But then someone said to me that I need to be more creative. I was happy.

They said that you were slow in Nashville.

VK: That was two years ago. Last season they told me that I really improved. It was right before I was sent to the farm team.

Yakov Trenin is still in Milwaukee. How’s he doing?

VK: Not great, he’s not playing too much. I still think that the way Nashville plays hockey doesn’t fit Russian players. Peter Laviolette loves Swedes. But I don’t know what Trenin’s going to do.

Vladislav Kamenev speaks about preparing for the upcoming season with the Colorado Avalanche

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This is by far the worst the Admirals have looked all year. Can't connect on passes. Probably haven't connected on two passes in a row since the 1st period.

Listening on the radio, the Ads seem to change lines every period! Tolvanen has had 3 centers tonight.

The Grimaldi absence looms large!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads out shot 2-1 and win 3-2 in OT!

Matt Donovan with 5th goal of the season. Pretty good for a Dman.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee defeated Manitoba 4-1 tonight. (The Ads are giving up 1 goal per home game) The Moose picked up a lot of minors for their overly aggressive play. They got 2 minutes at the end of the game for punching an Admiral in the head with 6 seconds remaining. Manitoba's lone goal came about 2 minutes into period 3.

Matt Donovan scored the first goal of the game, about 6 minutes in with assists to Brickley and Jeannot. Period 2 had goals by Pettersson with assists to Donovan and Kirkland; later Gregoire with an assist to Tinordi. Period 3 had a goal by Richard with assists to Pettersson and Tolvanen.

Trenin centered Gaudet and Baptiste, with Allard and Donovan on defense and Tom McCollum in goal to start the game.
Other lines were Gregoire centering Kirkland and Brickley. Petterson between Richard and Tolvanen. Lane between Jeannot and Olivier.

PP1 was Petterson with Richard on the left and Baptiste on the right. I saw Pyrochta on D with Lyytinen.
PP2 was Kirkland with Trenin and Tolvanen, Allard on LD and Donovan on RD.

PK1 was Gaudet and Baptiste with Tinordi and Carrier.
PK2 was Brickley and Kirkland with Allard and Donovan.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys what are your thoughts on Frédéric Allard? Nice start to the year for him in the A with 10 points so far. TIA!

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think Kondelik was even getting some top line minutes recently. I try to keep up with some of the team beat writers for the college teams of our prospects. It's nice seeing a perspective of them from outside the preds organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad