Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
What's this?

Victor Ejdsell's fabulous season never seams to end. Right now, the 21-year-old from Hagfors is on the other side of the Atlantic, and he's visiting three NHL teams that want to get him under contract.

"I will make a decision when I get home," he says.

Victor Ejdsell's season has hardly escaped anyone's view. Most NHL teams have shown interest, but he has chosen to visit only three of them.

"I really have a golden seat because I wasn't drafted. Now I and my agent can choose the teams that I'm interested in," says Victor.

The Nashville Predators are one of the teams that Ejdsell chose to visit. According to good sources, the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings were the other two teams. However, the protagonist chose neither to confirm or deny the report.

Recently he witnessed his life's first NHL game from the stadium--the fourth game of the eighth-final series between Nashville and Chicago.

"It was really special. It's completely different hockey over here. People are crazy, a game is like a party."

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...s-wings-in-the-running-for-a-swedish-free-age

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
It depends on what he's looking for I guess. Chicago might provide the best on-ice opportunity in the immediate future since they have no set LW (I see him listed everywhere as C/LW, not sure which he's playing the most) for the Toews line and always have to field a ton of rookies thanks to the salary cap.

Hopefully the big win, atmosphere and the gang of Swedes sway him. Would be nice to get a big kid with offensive potential for free.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If he's a C, bring him over! But if he's a winger he might not get a NHL spot from us and that's why will look elsewhere.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Likelihood that Kamenev makes the squad next year?

Unknown. If we lose Jarnkrok in the expansion draft and don't trade for a 2C in the offsets on then he will likely have a good shot.
But if we trade for a center and keep Jarnkrok, then there really isn't a spot for him at C, and he'd likely be the 1st injury callup

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals play at the same time as the Preds. This seems to happen every year.

If Milwaukee loses Game 3 to Grand Rapids, it is golfing season. Deja Vu?

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Did he actually sign with the Preds or has he just announced he's leaving for the NHL? I think he's a UFA in a couple of months if he isn't signed, correct?

Edit: Looks like his team specifically said he's leaving FOR the Nashville Predators, not just the NHL. Strange that the Preds account hasn't tweeted it out or anything.

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
According to the prospects board, Edjsell is supposed to make a decision sometime today between Nashville, Detroit, and Chicago.

Basically the same teams that were finalists for Danny DeKeyser, back in the day...hopefully this one goes better than that did.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Did he actually sign with the Preds or has he just announced he's leaving for the NHL? I think he's a UFA in a couple of months if he isn't signed, correct?

Edit: Looks like his team specifically said he's leaving FOR the Nashville Predators, not just the NHL. Strange that the Preds account hasn't tweeted it out or anything.

Might be a situation where the contract is not be finalized on Nashville's end, but the writing is on the wall for the Lakers. 20 years ago, nobody on this side of the pond would've seen/heard that announcement.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bummer. Im sure not having Aberg didn't help things.

The way the playoff injuries are going for the Preds, we could use a couple of Black Aces now that your season is over.

Would you settle for some black jacks instead?

Aberg is already up.

Kam, I am not so sure about. Maybe Smith.

Murphy had both goals tonight. He is a Dman and probably the smallest guy on the team.

The offense was kind of bad. A lot of 1 man rushes and 2 on 3s. I don't think that having Aberg would have made much of a difference. When you lose 2 OT games, you are losing good chances to win those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->