Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It's not an encouraging list. You've got jack squat for upside on that list making the top 6 aside from Tomasino, and MAYBE Afanasyev/Tolvanen. It's getting better, but this list is why we have got to make a decision. Are you a contender or not. If you don't know the answer then you're not. Re-tooling and shuffling things around has been fruitless so far. Poile needs to draw a line in the sand with a point total/standing position and if we aren't there then it's all bets off. I am ok with waiting on trading guys to get better value, but if he lets these 1 year contract guys walk with nothing in return, in a year you have to squint to think we are contenders...then he needs to be pastured.

Considering where we were last year and the year before I'd say that the list is pretty encouraging. I think the general consensus was that we were bottom five in the league both years, to be considered middle of the pack this year is a huge step up.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Considering where we were last year and the year before I'd say that the list is pretty encouraging. I think the general consensus was that we were bottom five in the league both years, to be considered middle of the pack this year is a huge step up.
True, perspective changes all opinions. I guess mine was looking at our current roster, then looking at what options we have to improve it internally.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Askarov and Tomasino have done wonders to the pool. But overall.... 2019 seems to of been a rather successful draft by The Athletic's standards.

Askarov (2020)
Tomasino (2019)
Farrance (2017)
Tolvanen (2017)
Afanasyev (2019)
Evangelista (2020)
Ingram (trade - 2016 TBL)
Del Gaizo (2019)
Harper (2016)
Parssinen (2019)
Chistyakov (2019)

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
True, perspective changes all opinions. I guess mine was looking at our current roster, then looking at what options we have to improve it internally.

At the rate we're going now our young guys are going to be 25 by the time they get a shot haha.

Askarov and Tomasino have done wonders to the pool. But overall.... 2019 seems to of been a rather successful draft by The Athletic's standards.

Askarov (2020)
Tomasino (2019)
Farrance (2017)
Tolvanen (2017)
Afanasyev (2019)
Evangelista (2020)
Ingram (trade - 2016 TBL)
Del Gaizo (2019)
Harper (2016)
Parssinen (2019)
Chistyakov (2019)

Yeah, Parssinen and Chistyakov have been a very pleasant surprise.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I guess Susuki is a super prospect and Novak has been around longer but I didnt forsee Pitlick on the third line in the AHL

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I guess Susuki is a super prospect and Novak has been around longer but I didnt forsee Pitlick on the third line in the AHL
Well... those are 4 lines. I don't know if they are really very numbered in that list. Jeannot wouldn't normally be on a 1st line.

I wonder where Anthony Richard is at? He's a guy who should think seriously about doing like Bracco and take a contract in Switzerland or somewhere, if there's one to be had.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I wouldn't read too much into the order in what the lines are. A lot of new players for the coaching staff as well, I'd assume it's a pretty even playing field to start the year.

Didn't Pitlick play mostly wing on the Ads last year? In the scrimmages this year, I thought he struggled in the center position but had some decent skill to probably make it work on the wing. Wouldn't mind him getting a few games with Preds this year, he had an impressive first pro season.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ts&Ps to MKE but it would be cool if we could move the Ads to Atlanta once COVID is over

No, it wouldn't be cool!

The Braves won a WS in Milwaukee in 1957 and lost to the Yankees in 7 games in 1958. They drew 2 million fans a year, an astounding figure at the time. They moved to Atlanta for the 1966 season.

The Milwaukee Hawks played 1951-55, then moved to St Louis. In 1965, they moved to Atlanta.

I don't think that the local people would take kindly to losing a third sports team to Atlanta!

Atlanta has a POOR hockey history. The Flames played 1972-80 and moved to Calgary.

The IHL Atlanta Knights played from 1992 to 1996 and moved to Quebec City.

The Thrashers played from 1999 to 2011 before moving to Winnipeg.

The Admirals have played in Milwaukee since 1970, lasting 50 years so far. They wouldn't last 5 years in a town like Atlanta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armourboy

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
so maybe someone else ;-)

No. The guy just isn't on our radar right now. Saros is our main concern, followed by Askarov and Ingram. Haider looked okay at camp in 2019, but that's probably all that anyone here would know at the moment. Vomacka is even ahead of him on our priority list and nobody really follows him either. Until these guys get to the AHL/KHL/SHL level, there's just not a lot of news that we get about them. You'd be better off asking on a college hockey forum.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I see the Wolves finally have a published roster for this year. 20F/9D/3G as it may be. I'm pleasantly surprised to see they found a way to have Healey there, even though he's on an AHL deal.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

I was expecting to see more guys sent back to Florida too. It appears that Wilkins has been loaned to Tuscon and Fortunato to Cleveland as well.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I see the Wolves finally have a published roster for this year. 20F/9D/3G as it may be. I'm pleasantly surprised to see they found a way to have Healey there, even though he's on an AHL deal.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

I was expecting to see more guys sent back to Florida too. It appears that Wilkins has been loaned to Tuscon and Fortunato to Cleveland as well.
for the love of g-d, montresor!

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad