Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So Tomasino playing for the Wolves means his ELC is ticking, correct?
No, he is 19 so it would slide if he just stays in the AHL. Where he'd burn a year is if he plays 10 games with the Preds. Well, or 7 or 8 or whatever they've pro-rated that to for this shortened season.

So I can see them keeping him there for the 3o or 36 games or whatever the Wolves are planning to play, then come up with us for the tail end of the season on the taxi squad, and maybe get into a few games while staying under that 7 or 8 game threshold.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
No, he is 19 so it would slide if he just stays in the AHL. Where he'd burn a year is if he plays 10 games with the Preds. Well, or 7 or 8 or whatever they've pro-rated that to for this shortened season.

So I can see them keeping him there for the 3o or 36 games or whatever the Wolves are planning to play, then come up with us for the tail end of the season on the taxi squad, and maybe get into a few games while staying under that 7 or 8 game threshold.

This has to be the silver lining on this season. AHL is ideal for him and gets him challenged and developing faster.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This has to be the silver lining on this season. AHL is ideal for him and gets him challenged and developing faster.
Yeah, it's a lot better than nothing, and also still better than the OHL. I mean, the AHL is severely watered down this year with the top 4 or 5 players from every team scooped onto Taxi Squads, and the #1 goalie from every team likewise absent. But even then it is still a step up from the OHL for sure. Still would have been a fun career accomplishment for him to get to rack up big OHL points and play in the Memorial Cup, though. But development-wise, this is a better challenge.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I see the Wolves finally have a published roster for this year. 20F/9D/3G as it may be. I'm pleasantly surprised to see they found a way to have Healey there, even though he's on an AHL deal.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

I was expecting to see more guys sent back to Florida too. It appears that Wilkins has been loaned to Tuscon and Fortunato to Cleveland as well.

Neither Wilkins nor Fortunato impress me as AHL players.

At least Wilkins could be a 3rd or 4th line center.

I like Heals. He is a big hitter on defense.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Neither Wilkins nor Fortunato impress me as AHL players.

At least Wilkins could be a 3rd or 4th line center.

I like Heals. He is a big hitter on defense.
I figured when both Craggs and Jeannot scored pretty well in Florida and Wilkins did nothing, that was probably a bit of a kiss of death to Wilkins. I think both those guys, Wilkins and Fortunato, with their contracts up after this year, it's a pretty clear indication that they aren't in the plans to return. Obviously Carcone who also got loaned out isn't either. But of all those guys who are loaned away, I'm still a little bit wondering about Allard. His deal is up as well. Leaving him over on a pretty bad team in Austria suggests he's out of the picture too.

Richard should move on just for his own good.

Obviously they'll qualify Davies and Pitlick. Possibly Smith, Jeannot, and Craggs for grit roles in Milwaukee next year. But there could be a pretty huge turnover with so many of our minor league deals up next season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Probably should make sure he learns good defense and beat the offensive capabilities out of him first
Believe it or not it's not always bad. Forsberg was more well rounded and I like what I've seen from Tolvanen, we just can't get the coach to keep him in the lineup or give him the minutes.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Pitlick also with 3 goals in the last 2 games. I would like to see him get a call-up.

With the way the season is going there should be a lot of prospects called up. There's no value in guys like Cousins, Haula, Richardson, Boro, Benning, etc. getting minutes right now. They're not particularly good, they're not part of the future and the team is bad. Trade them or release them and bring up some kids and see what they can do.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
With the way the season is going there should be a lot of prospects called up. There's no value in guys like Cousins, Haula, Richardson, Boro, Benning, etc. getting minutes right now. They're not particularly good, they're not part of the future and the team is bad. Trade them or release them and bring up some kids and see what they can do.

This x 1000. Should have been the plan all along.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That's Galchenyuk? To the AHL? I wonder if he would even report???

But Allard coming back is nice to see. I don't have any real optimism about him as an NHL prospect atm, but at least here in the AHL is better than a crappy team in Austria.
:dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Wow, just noticed the AdWolves are killing Iowa 7-0 so far tonight. Will still have a perfect record after tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad