Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
He may legitimately put up HUGE numbers next season - like we haven't seen since the days of I dunno ?Radulov? Upshall? ... I mean, we can safely assume he's not going to be on our team yet, and back in Oshawa for a full season during which they presumably load up the roster for a Memorial Cup run, he could be on quite a stacked team.
You’re probably right. But someone please explain to me why other teams can stick 18 or 19 year old picks on their NHL team while the Preds have got to have them finish their junior career or go at least 3 in college then go to the AHL for a year or 2 then maybe bring them up?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You’re probably right. But someone please explain to me why other teams can stick 18 or 19 year old picks on their NHL team while the Preds have got to have them finish their junior career or go at least 3 in college then go to the AHL for a year or 2 then maybe bring them up?
I think it just comes down to the physical development of the prospects. Tomasino is doing great in the OHL right now, but he still has a teenager's body. Some kids can make the jump sooner, but they are very very few. And normally they are picked in the upper echelons of the 1st round. Let's not get carried away with Tomasino... he's doing great, but he still has room to grow. In a way, we should probably look at this as a Good Thing... he's putting up great numbers, and still filling out. I don't see any problem with the recent handling of picks by the Preds. It's really all down to the individual player specifics, you can't generalize.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads won in Manitoba 4-1. There were a couple of fights.

Trenin was the #1 star of the game. He had a goal and a fight!

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Ads really rolling some deep lines up there.

Afanasyev is also playing well, and our 7th round pick Juuso Parssinen is playing in Liga on the top line and putting up really respectable numbers for a kid in that league.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Ads won in Manitoba 4-1. There were a couple of fights.

Trenin was the #1 star of the game. He had a goal and a fight!
Trenin brings the kind of heavier play we need in our top group right now. It looks like he might have enough skill to hang on a scoring line, anyway.... there aren't a lot of PPG players in the AHL who are still prospect-age. Even if he scored 15-20 peak, riding shotgun with some of our softer top players and making a little space might pay dividends. If he can do that? :dunno:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Trenin brings the kind of heavier play we need in our top group right now. It looks like he might have enough skill to hang on a scoring line, anyway.... there aren't a lot of PPG players in the AHL who are still prospect-age. Even if he scored 15-20 peak, riding shotgun with some of our softer top players and making a little space might pay dividends. If he can do that? :dunno:

Good point about age. I did some digging and was surprised to see Tolvanens name on the list for all time scorers as a 19 year old, just above Forsberg.

Edit: And Trenin is the 3rd leading PPG player age 22 or younger this season.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Evason was using Trenin on the 3rd or 4th lines. That is in the half of the games in which he played. Just 44 games in 2017-18.

Yakov Trenin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I remember seeing constant complaints about Trenins use with the old staff. He had excellent underlying numbers, but was getting rotated with fringe ECHL players.

Look for a Wild - Preds game in the future. Don't be surprised if Trenin has a Gordie Howe Hat Trick against Evason's team if he is called up!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee lost 3-2 to the second place Iowa Wild. That is the official score.

The Ads came out and played hard in period one. They deserved more than one SH goal. Donovan got robbed by Kahkonen.

Milwaukee scores goal number two early in period 2 and then gets cute with their passing. Iowa's first goal one was fluky. An Admiral going for a loose puck in the high slot either stumbled or hit a rut and fell down. Two passes later and the puck was in the net. By the end of the period, it was 2-2.

Iowa scored the winning goal with 70 seconds remaining. It should not have counted. Here is why. Nico Sturm throws Daniel Carr down in the NW corner. Sturm skates down the goal line towards the near post. A shot comes in and the puck pops loose. Sturm puts it in next to the post. Sturm should have been called for interference. The Wild had been knocking down Admirals behind the play all night. I bet that it happened 10 times in the game. Iowa was called for two penalties in the game. One time when they were not called was when Novak sort of a break away. Two Iowa Wild players came over. Novak went around one of them. The other one kicked out Novak's skate and caused him to fall down at the bottom of the face off circle. No call was made. You could clearly see the penalty on the replay.

Carr lost a chipped in goal near the end of period one. It was a delayed penalty on Rau for Interference. A Wild player touched the puck with the toe of his stick just before Carr scored. The ref claimed that the whistle blew, but I didn't hear it. I am pretty sure that the rule states POSSESSION of the puck, not merely touching it for a tenth of a second.

Iowa scored a goal that should not have counted and Milwaukee lost a goal that maybe should have counted in a 3-2 game.

Jeremy Davies played the worst game that I have ever seen him play. Santini, his partner was on the ice for 2 goals, including the game winner.

Ref Ratings: Furman South, #44. He wouldn't know a penalty if it bit him in the butt! He gets a ZERO.
Adam Bloski, #94. His biggest contribution to the game was stopping several Admirals rushes by getting in the way. He gets a ZERO.

Linesman William Hancock, #17. He does not know how to drop a puck. He fakes drops. He kicks people out. He lectures the guys at the face off dot for 20 to 30 seconds. Then he unfairly drops the puck or bounces it knee high. He did that way too many times! He called Milwaukee for an offside in period 3 when Daniel Carr was the only Admiral within 5 feet of the blue line. He is incompetent and he got in the way several times! He gets a MINUS 1.

Linesman Tyler Gregory, #66. I give him a FOUR. I feel sorry for him for having to work with three bums like the above.

This was the worst officiated game that I saw this season. My wife thought that the on ice officials were really bad.

Goon of the Game: Take your pick, Rau or Dumont. Tommy Novak got so tired of being slashed in period 3 that he actually slashed back! I have never seen him do that since he arrived in Milwaukee. The feckless refs didn't call anybody for a penalty. Jeannot wanted to kill both of them before the first period was over.

Last edited:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Our prospect pool is much improved from a year or two ago. Trenin appears ready to make the jump, Farrance is scoring in bunches in the NCAA, Ingram has a .929 in 30 games, Tomasino is 3rd in OHL scoring, Afanasyev is doing well, etc. If Tolvanen was scoring a bit more it'd be perfect.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Ref literally standing behind the net watching Brandon Pirri put his stick in the net to pull out the puck. They ruled it no goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ref literally standing behind the net watching Brandon Pirri put his stick in the net to pull out the puck. They ruled it no goal.

The Final Score was 4-1 Admirals. It should have been 5-1.

I guess that Adam "Blind Lemon" Blosky is STILL a BAD REF. Corey Syvret, #42 was the other "ref" in the game.
I was unimpressed by them both, although Tye McGinn ended up 29 PIMS. His garbage at the end of the game probably deserved an ejection rather than another 10 minute misconduct.

I didn't like the check against Carr after he scored the ENG. I believe that was Schuldt with the cheap shot. All 5 of the Admirals on the ice were poking at him with their sticks. He didn't get a penalty for doing that, which is not surprising, given the two "refs" working the game.

Ref Ratings: Blosky gets a 2. Syvret gets the same. They both missed the goal even looking at a replay! Dansk's pad was almost completely behind the goal line. If the puck wasn't visible under it, it had to be...anybody...Bueller? A: behind the goal line!

Linesman Jameson Gronert,#95, had issues with offside and icing. Gee, what does a linesman call out there on the ice besides too many men?

Linesman Mike Daltrey, #27. He gets the Tyler Gregory Award for having to work with Larry, Curry and Moe. I give him a 6!

Reactions: Preds Partisan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Trenin hat trick. Tolvanen with another goal.

I saw about a dozen hats make it to the ice.

Troy Grosenick was in a goalie fight with about 10 minutes to go. I think that Tomkins wanted out of the game after letting in six goals!

The Admirals scored 7 goals for the fifth time this season. They were trying for number 8!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad