Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Bigras will be given a chance to earn a spot next year. Maybe it comes down to between him and Barrie. Also, any chance they bring up Bigras when his junior season is over? I'm sure injury and playoff situation would be taken into consideration though.

Yep, I think so too, if Roy is not sold on Barrie he might be the best trading chip.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Bigras will be given a chance to earn a spot next year. Maybe it comes down to between him and Barrie. Also, any chance they bring up Bigras when his junior season is over? I'm sure injury and playoff situation would be taken into consideration though.

Yep, I think so too, if Roy is not sold on Barrie he might be the best trading chip.

I don't think that Bigras will be available until late. I think he gets traded from the Attack to a contending OHL team at the deadline (Oshawa makes a ton of sense).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Bigras and Siemens will both get the chance to beat out Benoit and Holden for the spot next to Guenin. Although I expect both to start the year in the AHL until injuries arise.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Bigras and Siemens will both get the chance to beat out Benoit and Holden for the spot next to Guenin. Although I expect both to start the year in the AHL until injuries arise.

It's NHL or OHL for Bigras next season since he'll only be 19 years old.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Trade for Ehrhoff, sign Nikitin.

Ehrhoff - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Nikitin
Holden - Guenin

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bobby Mac says everyone other than Huberdeau, Barkov, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, and Goc is available in Florida.

Surprised to see Goc included with the other four but it's probably smart to keep him around if you can re-sign him. Good player who can help the young players.

McKenzie said they're getting the most calls about Matthias and Kulikov but not the high paid veterans.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Bobby Mac says everyone other than Huberdeau, Barkov, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, and Goc is available in Florida.

Surprised to see Goc included with the other four but it's probably smart to keep him around if you can re-sign him. Good player who can help the young players.

McKenzie said they're getting the most calls about Matthias and Kulikov but not the high paid veterans.

Kulikov pretty pwz!

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Kulikov has regressed in a big way. Maybe he could turn his game around here but he's had some good coaches in Florida and hasn't been able to improve. Probably not worth his asking price.

If Campbell could be had without breaking the bank, I would love to have him on this team.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Yeah, we could buy low on Kulikov (since people seem to think he's regressing) and then let Roy and Foote and Tourigny work their magic with him.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Would like the Avs to add both Kulikov and Matthias, but only if they come at a relatively cheap price.

I somehow doubt that Kulikov will come at an small price considering his potential upside. I figure Campbell would be 'easier' to acquire given his cap hit.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Would like the Avs to add both Kulikov and Matthias, but only if they come at a relatively cheap price.

If we could move some prospects i'd be ok with doing that to get Kulikov or Cambpell i'm game. We're still not good enough to move our 1st unless we're getting some sure fire 1st pairing defender.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
...soupy is a for sure first pairing defensemen...he'd take this team to the next level and make us a team that's going to the playoffs for sure and is going to be an absolute ***** to eliminate, even in their first go around. That icing parade we had today was because the EJ-Hejda pairing where the only ones who could comfortably get the puck up ice, with Soupy joining the mix, and Barrie once Hejda is freed up to play with him, that wouldn't happen and our PP would become deadly.

A mid to late first round pick isn't going to provide nearly the impact that getting to really compete for realsies starting now, would for our kids.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
...soupy is a for sure first pairing defensemen...he'd take this team to the next level and make us a team that's going to the playoffs for sure and is going to be an absolute ***** to eliminate, even in their first go around. That icing parade we had today was because the EJ-Hejda pairing where the only ones who could comfortably get the puck up ice, with Soupy joining the mix, and Barrie once Hejda is freed up to play with him, that wouldn't happen and our PP would become deadly.

A mid to late first round pick isn't going to provide nearly the impact that getting to really compete for realsies starting now, would for our kids.

Moving our 1st this year for 2 years of any player is a hard pill to swallow though when our pipeline is as barren as it is at forward. Ehrhoff is different since he's signed for like 8 more years but after thinking about it a lot I wouldn't really want to give up our 1st for Campbell at this stage.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well it would be 2.8 years at this point, with three post season runs involved. I'm a big believer that in all sports young talent develops better when brought along patiently by a strong team that is really competing for it all, that applies both to our youngins on the roster, Dutchy, ROR, MacK, Varly, EJ, etc., but also our prospects who are still trying to break in full time. Campbell would help us get the most out of the glut of young talent that we already have, plus there will be other picks for us to fill up the pipeline, and we'll be very attractive in FA if we need to fill any other gaps.

I actually think we're exactly the kind of young team that can afford to trade their first round pick and for a vet who'd fit as perfectly as Soupy or Erhoff would, it would be a mistake not to.

We still have a great top 9, with the likes of Malone, Sgarbossa and agozzino in the A, with some promising kids like Heard, Smith and Bourke in junior. And if soupy helps us develop all of our dmen we'll be able to trade one of elliott or barrie for a forward upgrade if we end up having to let someone go.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Given their penchant for acquiring oft-injured Avs we've given up on, I'd love to ship them Wilson + (Hishon?) +? for Campbell.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Rumors out there that Luke Schenn is available.

"- The Flyers are vigorously shopping defenceman Luke Schenn (foot speed issues) and fellow blueliner Andrej Meszaros but both make too much money. Schenn, who came from Toronto for James van Riemsdyk, sports a $3.6-million cap hit for three more years, and Meszaros is $4 million, but he’s an unrestricted free agent in July. “They thought Van Riemsdyk was a little soft,” said one pro scout. Not so much in Toronto, and Schenn has been a healthy scratch three times."

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...in-ed-jovanovskis-status-still-up-in-the-air/

He's not really the right kind of D man to help the Avs as he's primarily a shutdown D, and I haven't watched him enough to know if he's struggling due to how bad Philly is, or if he's just not that good. Lots of conflicting opinions out there on him. Some in Toronto say he never fully recovered from playing under Ron Wilson who ruined his confidence. Others in Philly and Toronto are very critical of him. Some say he's not that great a skater. Others say he doesn't have to be, and has a decent outlet pass despite his skating issues. Most of his defenders just point to him being young, the Flyers sucking, that he's really a second pairing guy playing on the first pairing, and the fact he's not an offensive guy, he's a shutdown guy.

Again, he's not the right kind of D man the Avs need, but he could be a good buy low candidate depending on if the Avs pro scouts are high on him, and see something that Roy, Tourigny, and Foote can bring out in him.

If they could bring in both Schenn and Ehrhoff and pair them together they could form a pretty good top four with Hejda and EJ on the top pairing. Leaving Benoit, Sarich, and Guenin to fight it out for the 3rd pairing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Florida really wants to move Campbell it shouldn't take our first because we are one of the few teams that can even take on his cap bit and supposedly there hasn't been much interest in him. I fully understand the pros of making this team better now but I'd like to keep that first because we do not have any elite prospects at forward.

Heard and Smith already play in Lake Erie. Is anyone going to take Hishon or Wilson at this point? They'd both have to get back on the ice first.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
If Florida really wants to move Campbell it shouldn't take our first because we are one of the few teams that can even take on his cap bit and supposedly there hasn't been much interest in him. I fully understand the pros of making this team better now but I'd like to keep that first because we do not have any elite prospects at forward.

Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, and Landeskog beg to differ. Our forward prospects are already in the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They are not prospects, they are NHL players. Maybe I should have been more clear, elite prospects IN the system. Obviously our elite talent is already on the team but every team needs something in the pipeline too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

This I just don't understand. Yes we do, they're just already in the NHL because they're that elite. Landeskog, Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, McGinn, that's most of a top 5 out of guys just 23 and younger, we don't need any elite forward prospects right now, especially when you then add in our vets, Stastny, Tanguay, Parenteau and Talbot.

As for trading our first, I'm assuming they're more open to moving Campbell for a good offer than they are looking to trade him. Thus it'll take something around our first plus secondary pieces/futures to entice either Florida or Buffalo into giving up their veteran, defensively reliable, PP QBs.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
They are not prospects, they are NHL players.

I think we agree with one another, our elite young forwards never stayed in the lower leagues. Technically they are not prospects, you are correct, but we have elite talent that is still very young. And Hishon would be in this conversation too if he hadn't gotten hammered.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Of course our stars are elite, I'm not talking about them at all. Look at the situation now, there isn't anyone good enough to call up to play in the top 6. We are one injury away from playing Holden at forward again. If someone is out a while Malone probably comes up but does anyone want him playing in the top 6? In a few years some of those older vets won't be around and who is going to take their place? Sure there is always UFA but something has to be coming up the pipeline too. Is there anyone in Lake Erie right now that should be a regular on the Avs in a couple years? I really don't think so.

If Florida won't move Campbell unless it's a home run for them then I wouldn't want to do it. If they are serious about making a deal work then there could be something there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad