Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That Ehrhoff contract is an albatross. Dude's good--we all know that from watching him toy with the Avs when he manned the power play in Vancouver--but I hope Roy means it when he says the team won't be a dumping ground for bad contracts. At the very least, I'd like a D-man who takes care of business at both ends of the ice when they have a contract like that, and I don't think Ehrhoff is that guy.

No doubt we'd like to see something done about the D, but I'm fine with watching this blueline develop a little further before they try moving assets to trade for a vet. The last time the Avs tried to get that #1 guy, it didn't quite work out.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That Ehrhoff contract is an albatross. Dude's good--we all know that from watching him toy with the Avs when he manned the power play in Vancouver--but I hope Roy means it when he says the team won't be a dumping ground for bad contracts. At the very least, I'd like a D-man who takes care of business at both ends of the ice when they have a contract like that, and I don't think Ehrhoff is that guy.

No doubt we'd like to see something done about the D, but I'm fine with watching this blueline develop a little further before they try moving assets to trade for a vet. The last time the Avs tried to get that #1 guy, it didn't quite work out.

It isn't anymore. There is no recapture penalty, and what is the likely hood of him playing past 35? That's when his deal drops down to $1m per season. I would very much expect him to provide $4m worth of defense until then. Even if he decides to keep playing, I'd expect him to be serviceable. It wouldn't sink us to have a $2m guy with a $4m cap hit.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't see how it's an albatross of a contract at all. All the big time money has already been paid, and a 4M cap hit for a top 3 defenseman is nothing in this day and age. If you want to sign a top 4 defenseman to a contract these days, it almost will start at 4M and go up.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
If we traded Stastny+Wilson at the deadline for a D-man I think I'd want to see something like this:

Tanguay - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McGinn - MacKinnon - McLeod
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Cliche

[Stastny Trade Acquisition] - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich/Guenin

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we traded Stastny+Wilson at the deadline for a D-man I think I'd want to see something like this:

Tanguay - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McGinn - MacKinnon - McLeod
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Cliche

[Stastny Trade Acquisition] - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich/Guenin

Looking at that it just proves we have the depth to deal with trading Stastny. However I'd give Sgarbossa a chance in the top 9 at wing before breaking up the 4th line.

Because if he does not at least look ready or close to it, then we have to make a hard push for a winger in free-agency. Callahan won't make it to UFA, but he'd be my target. (Wishful thinking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad