Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
One guy mentions trading Landeskog and this entire board erupts like its the apocalypse. It's a bad idea, but lets not act like suddenly the entire Avs fanbase is proposing it.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Goalie prospects rarely hold much in the way of value.

Hence I said down the line, once Giggy is gone and they will be backing up Varly. Bishop, Lindback, Bernier, Schneider, Bobrovsky, Halak, and even our very own Varly, just look at those returns. I have a good feeling about both of them moreso with Pickard, I think his game is more suited for the NHL.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There is more than one person unhappy with Landy's play though...

But that's understandable.

I'm not entirely happy with his play at this point. He's had a couple bad games by his standards this year, and hasn't really had any exceptional games.

I don't want to trade him, and it would be ridiculous to do so, but that doesn't mean we cant be unhappy with his play.

It doesn't mean we want him traded just because we think he's had a difficult start.

Now in saying that. Obviously if someone offered a deal we couldn't refuse such as a OEL/Pietrangelo/Subban for Landeskog deal I would drive landy to the airport myself.

But barring a ridiculous offer, he should stay put with the Avs for the next 8 years at least.

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
Why the hell would we even consider trading our 20 year old Captain?

He's just that, 20 years old. Look at Duchene last year, and so far this year. Showing signs (Okay, more than showing) of a major break out. Landy will only get better. It's good being an Avs fan right now. Future looks bright with a very young and talented team.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Landeskog is exactly what our management want every player to be.

I always find it humorous reading comments from people who have likely never played the game and want to make arm-chair criticisms of a player. There is much more to hockey than just points.

We are 6-0 and have, in my opinion, far and away the best shutdown unit in the NHL. If that unit happens to consist of an NHL Calder winner, team USA's #1 center, and a guy with over 750 points in this league, then so be it. It just speaks volumes to our depth. I can assure that the smiles on Landy's face after each win are not fake. He wants to win. These guys have experienced losing for too long, they just want to win. Landeskog is helping us do that and the coaches are very happy with him.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO

I always find it humorous reading comments from people who have likely never played the game and want to make arm-chair criticisms of a player. There is much more to hockey than just points.

We are 6-0 and have, in my opinion, far and away the best shutdown unit in the NHL. If that unit happens to consist of an NHL Calder winner, team USA's #1 center, and a guy with over 750 points in this league, then so be it. It just speaks volumes to our depth. I can assure that the smiles on Landy's face after each win are not fake. He wants to win. These guys have experienced losing for too long, they just want to win. Landeskog is helping us do that and the coaches are very happy with him.

Agree 100% And the thing that most arm-chair critics are blind to is player potential and development. A slow start or a few sub-par games does not warrant a molecule of consideration or thought to trading Landeskog. Like someone else said above, Landeskog will be okay :)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
First of all, I play/have played a higher level of hockey than 85% of people on these boards so you can stop with that talk.

Second, I have nothing against Landeskog. I don't feel he's playing poorly. He's playing to his ability. He's never going to be an elite player but his value has him posted as that. His Leadership and maturity is something most players will never bring but luckily we already have a lot of that.

This team is leathal offensively. We are needing a hugh piece on the back end and we aren't going to get that without giving up something big. Landeskog is a 2nd line left winger. He brings other intangibles that Tanguay and Mcginn don't have, but those guys wouldn't return half as much in a trade. If we want to get a top pairing defenseman via a trade, it's only going to happen if we move a big name.

I don't want to see him go, and I never said LETS TRADE HIM. I said I would trade him for the right deal. If it was for the right return he would be the best asset to give up right now based on what we would get in return. If we could get a guy like OEL for Landeskog it makes our team better (we would likely have to add for OEL but i'm just saying)

No need to attack one of the most honest and one of the more respectable(i hope) posters on here for having an opinion about making a trade that would make our team better. I never meant to disturb the whole forum and think I want to throw Landy out the window. I just tried to make it known it's a deal I would make with the right piece(s) coming back. Let's not forget how many of our fans wanted to trade Sgarbossa for 1 year of Rusty Klesla just a month ago.

Burnaby_Joe*

:nod:

Nice post

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Ahh once Viking mode is engaged we won't have anything to talk about! That 2nd line has shown little to no chemistry what's so ever and it's obviously effecting not only Landy but the other two as well. It's been 5 games in for Lando, I mean seriously, how can people be concerned!?!:laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wasn't saying no player is immune to critique and it is fair to critique Landy's play. To me some comments are going from fair to over the top but that's IMO.

There is no way I'd trade Landy even for a top D man. The team is comprised of human beings. There would be no good to come out of getting rid of the team's captain. It would severely shake up the room. They are finally playing like a team and for each other. The only way they are ever going to win a championship is if they keep building on that. Maybe on paper on in NHL 14 or fantasy hockey it would make sense from a value standpoint but not in real life. No way.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
this year's first (top 10 protected) and sgarbossa for ehrhoff?

i say do it.

I would have to watch a little more of Erhoff, and we will see him soon here. I think he is the type of guy we could use. Not sure the amount of minutes he can play, or how stiff of competition. We need a PP QB and a minute eater badly though. Would balance out our d nicely.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm sure they'd throw Luke Adam in very easily but we don't have much room for him and his time is running out.

If the deal is:

Erhoff
Adam

for

2014 1st (top 10 protected)
Sgarbossa

Sign me up!

Adam would simply be taking Sgarbossa's spot in Lake Erie. Adam is going to turn it around very soon and become a pretty solid 2nd/3rd line player. Buffalo tried getting him to the NHL too quickly and his natural growing pains are causing people to sour on him.

member 116861

I would have to watch a little more of Erhoff, and we will see him soon here. I think he is the type of guy we could use. Not sure the amount of minutes he can play, or how stiff of competition. We need a PP QB and a minute eater badly though. Would balance out our d nicely.

He use to play a ton of minutes in Vancouver but I'm not sure how much he plays in Buffalo.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
First of all, I play/have played a higher level of hockey than 85% of people on these boards so you can stop with that talk.

Second, I have nothing against Landeskog. I don't feel he's playing poorly. He's playing to his ability. He's never going to be an elite player but his value has him posted as that. His Leadership and maturity is something most players will never bring but luckily we already have a lot of that.

This team is leathal offensively. We are needing a hugh piece on the back end and we aren't going to get that without giving up something big. Landeskog is a 2nd line left winger. He brings other intangibles that Tanguay and Mcginn don't have, but those guys wouldn't return half as much in a trade. If we want to get a top pairing defenseman via a trade, it's only going to happen if we move a big name.

I don't want to see him go, and I never said LETS TRADE HIM. I said I would trade him for the right deal. If it was for the right return he would be the best asset to give up right now based on what we would get in return. If we could get a guy like OEL for Landeskog it makes our team better (we would likely have to add for OEL but i'm just saying)

No need to attack one of the most honest and one of the more respectable(i hope) posters on here for having an opinion about making a trade that would make our team better. I never meant to disturb the whole forum and think I want to throw Landy out the window. I just tried to make it known it's a deal I would make with the right piece(s) coming back. Let's not forget how many of our fans wanted to trade Sgarbossa for 1 year of Rusty Klesla just a month ago.

We don't need a huge piece defensively as much as we need patience and experience. A just solid EJ partner would slot everyone into place, and you can find one of those for much less than landeskog, especially if Siemens or Bigras develop, in which case we'd just need a stop gap who can help them develop like Campbell or Erhoff. With this top 9 and Varly we don't need a dominant defense, so why give up one of our cornerstones to weaken us up front and fill that hole?

I also disagree a lot that landy will never be elite but that's fine, I know a lot of people disagree that he should become a 30+/70+ player to go with his beastly defense and leadership.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

25+ minutes per game, hard to get a gauge on who he plays against but it seems unsheltered but leaning towards 2nd lines.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

ehrhoff isn't #1 guy but can log the minutes. i think he would be great with ej. excellent on transition. i think canucks were the deadliest transition team when they won that first president trophy and got to game 7 of sc finals. lose of ehrhoff definitely hurt that. he also quarterbacked that pp. though it did have sedins and it was pretty good for the first half of 11-12 season.

i don't think sabres are using him correctly. but he's been one of sabres best defenseman the past few years along with sekera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad