Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I grew up a diehard Habs fan going back to the mid 60's. Pretty much on par with my current attachment to the Oilers in those days. That makes it hard to ever feel any compassion for the Leafs.

Amen my friend Amen.
When I was a wee lad and Ken Dryden got a penalty for his pads being too big - I cried like a Canadian Elias Pettersson!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
big deal

why not have the reputation of being the best fanbase for a change

just don't be horrible for a day, maybe it'll take. I see you post during the gdt and you always seem like the least happy person on the planet, win or lose

what???

That is absolutely a fabrication.

Yes the man posting memes and the "you just lost to the oil" graphic is the most miserable human on the plant.

Methinks you're projecting.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Luck and karma don't exist.

You know what is real? Schadenfreude for rivals.

Your most base thoughts needn't be broadcasted for all to see, rival fans shouldn't be ridiculed on public forums. There will be communal blowback.

still no causality. And I’ll choose how to be, not be bullied into it.

A handful of abusive posters represent this board in a bad light, demeaning the entire Oiler fan base. They dishonor the team and it's supporters.

You don't foresee any repercussions for the odious words and immature conduct from a few bad apples blowing back on the entire fan base? I don't understand your confusion.

what???

That is absolutely a fabrication.

Yes the man posting memes and the "you just lost to the oil" graphic is the most miserable human on the plant.

Methinks you're projecting.

So sorry, I mistook you for a poster always in a state of rage and picking fights. By bad.

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The speed in which they went from "we're the best team in the Pacific, nobody and not especially the Oilers are a match for us" to "we're a small little underdog team who wasn't supposed to be here and the Oilers are going to get favourable calls and it's not fair" is astonishing.
All these canucks fans were gloating all year and now suddenly they are changing their tune. We see what happens when their shooting percentage drops to a reasonable level. They are very average and have to heavily rely on their goalies to be lights out and bail them out.

It will be Singh and Debrusk this series yikes
I was afraid of that. Ugh. He’s so damn cringe and he’s awful at his job.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Where the F can I get hold of this 'Ryan S Clark?!
The game is called spot the village idiot. have no idea who that is but imagine 30 voters voting one way and you pick the other against the obvious favorite.

Should be Cuthbert and Simpson now
Neither want any part of covering the Oilers. Bad blood as I recall with both but people can refresh on the reasons. I forgot. Simpson in anycase is unabashedly anti Oiler by now and Cuthbert has been swallowed by PC agenda.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
The game is called spot the village idiot. have no idea who that is but imagine 30 voters voting one way and you pick the other against the obvious favorite.

Neither want any part of covering the Oilers. Bad blood as I recall with both but people can refresh on the reasons. I forgot. Simpson in anycase is unabashedly anti Oiler by now and Cuthbert has been swallowed by PC agenda.
PC agenda?
My lord.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Your most base thoughts needn't be broadcasted for all to see, rival fans shouldn't be ridiculed on public forums. There will be communal blowback.

A handful of abusive posters represent this board in a bad light, demeaning the entire Oiler fan base. They dishonor the team and it's supporters.

You don't foresee any repercussions for the odious words and immature conduct from a few bad apples blowing back on the entire fan base? I don't understand your confusion.

So sorry, I mistook you for a poster always in a state of rage and picking fights. By bad.
Don’t allow other people embarrass you.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Watching the Sedins cycle on us for a decade combined with how arrogant a portion of its fans are made me hate Vancouver more than Vegas, Colorado, and Calgary. Please McJesus, don't let us lose to the Canucks.

Reactions: AM and Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Anyone that thinks that the Canucks sweep of the Oilers in the regular season means much in the playoffs needs to just look at Colorado vs. Winnipeg this season and us vs. Winnipeg in the Canadian division. The only way this would have any relevance is if Vancouver holds home ice winning the first 2 fames of the series. If they can do that then doubt might start creeping into the Oilers minds.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Stone in the handshake line...
neymar-high-five.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jesus that’s ridiculous amount of time off. Rangers Carolina will already be 2 games in before we start.

Reactions: AM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad