Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Stastny PPG last four seasons.

Before Stewart was traded: 124 points in 137 games. 0.9 PPG
After Stewart was traded: 89 points in 137 games. 0.65 PPG

To go a little further...

With David Jones as his #1 linemate: 0.69PPG
With anyone other than David Jones as his #1 linemate: 0.96PPG

R S

Sep 18, 2006
That seems like a bit much for Little, but not a terrible deal by any means. He is a former 30 goal scorer and scored 24 in 11-12.

Gagner's contract is relying on this past season for his numbers. 38 points in 48 games is a 65 point pace with 24g.

Offensively, both are good comparables to ROR which is a good thing for the Avs if this situation goes to arbitration. In arbitration the Avs can say these two players make ~ $1.7m less and put up the same sort of offensive numbers. ROR's camp doesn't have a leg to stand on to demand $6.5m as long as his offensive numbers stay in that range. Anything over 5.5 is overpayment for ROR, and 6 is bordering on a large overpayment.

That said, I think ROR gets his money one way or another.

I don't pretend to be any type of expert on advanced stats, but I'm pretty sure Little logs some pretty hard minutes. That's another element to add into that equation.

Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty 21m
ryan whitney may be taking one-yr contract to sign somewhere. carolina or isles seems possible fit

I would be all over a 1 year deal with Whitney. If he rebounds and can play top 4 minutes, he can help solve some real issues on defense. If he doesn't, you can walk away easily.

Bleh. Do not want.

Foot speed is not near where it should be and he's known to have a few dressing room conflicts.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't pretend to be any type of expert on advanced stats, but I'm pretty sure Little logs some pretty hard minutes. That's another element to add into that equation.

Bleh. Do not want.

Foot speed is not near where it should be and he's known to have a few dressing room conflicts.

Little definitely does... easily the hardest minutes of any forward on the team. Used much like Stastny was here last year except with better linemates.

I doubt he commands more than 1-1.5m for a 1 year deal to rebound his career. If he was an issue, at that salary he could be waived or sent to the minors. IMO low risk/medium reward signing.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
soo.. who wants to offer sheet Pietrangelo?

Hear me out. Compensation will likely be 4 1st round picks to get him to sign. With Pietrangelo, EJ and our (young) offense we should be picking in the bottom half of the draft at least for those 4 years. Worried about our future RFAs you say? Well Stas can be traded at the deadline for some more defensive help, while anyone can be bought out with our 2 upcoming amnesty buyouts. Heck, even O'Reilly could be traded if we needed to shed cap for a 3rd line C or even more defensive help(I've be super vocal against this just so you know). With Duchene and Mackinnon though, it is an option. So, why not?

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I kinda wish we had landed Paul Ranger, @1M for 1 year.

I like Ranger but there's no way he was leaving Ontario let alone play in America

Ranger had some serious personnal problems , to be honest i was surprise to see him in the AHL , last year . The way he left Tampa Bay in 09-10, no one were expecting him playing hockey , let alone in the NHL .

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Hear me out. Compensation will likely be 4 1st round picks to get him to sign. With Pietrangelo, EJ and our (young) offense we should be picking in the bottom half of the draft at least for those 4 years. Worried about our future RFAs you say? Well Stas can be traded at the deadline for some more defensive help, while anyone can be bought out with our 2 upcoming amnesty buyouts. Heck, even O'Reilly could be traded if we needed to shed cap for a 3rd line C or even more defensive help(I've be super vocal against this just so you know). With Duchene and Mackinnon though, it is an option. So, why not?

It would be immediately matched.

A pointless exercise, attractive or not.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
It would be immediately matched.

A pointless exercise, attractive or not.

Well we could drive up his price, and force them to make tougher financial decisions with the rest of their roster. They are a division rival now.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Well we could drive up his price, and force them to make tougher financial decisions with the rest of their roster. They are a division rival now.

Offer sheeting just isn't a respectable thing to do.No need to piss off GM's around the league and risk having it come back and bite us in the ass. Especially with all our young stars we have.

I hear St Louis is looking for centers...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yep... offersheet Pietrangelo the summer before O'Reilly is a RFA (again) and the same player that would make EJ, Barrie, Elliott on the right side redundant. He's a top 4-5 defender, but he's also not a wise target for his cost-performance-risk ratio.

I'm looking at Gleason, Klesla and Meszaros atm personally.

Dutchy09*

Yep... offersheet Pietrangelo the summer before O'Reilly is a RFA (again) and the same player that would make EJ, Barrie, Elliott on the right side redundant. He's a top 4-5 defender, but he's also not a wise target for his cost-performance-risk ratio.

Would LOVE Andrew MacDonald too.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

If he was a LHD for sure (but then we likely wouldn't have EJ in the first place).

Driving up the cost is nice though, and I won't worry about our RFAs because Sakic and Roy can just make sure they lock them up early.
Still think (and maybe they did) McDonagh was the guy to target.

1) Cowen (still unsigned, but Sens have the cap space) I'm hoping negotiations go south :)
2) Meszaros on the cheap if/when he's medically cleared
3) Pitkanen using conditional pick based on games played or him resigning + extras. Canes are cap tight and seem to be after Hainsey. (Gleason but he'd cost more)
4) Klesla if we could get it down to a 3rd.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Offer sheeting just isn't a respectable thing to do.No need to piss off GM's around the league and risk having it come back and bite us in the ass. Especially with all our young stars we have.

I hear St Louis is looking for centers...

You mean like the way everybody goes after Paul Holmgren???

Oh, wait..

I would do the offer sheet now and worry about possible repercussions later.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why are all of our fans tossing key pieces all over the trade proposal forum for 2nd and 3rd pairing defenseman? Over the next 2 years we will have our 2nd and third pairing's filled with 2nd pairing talent. We don't need any more at all. What we need is a top pairing stud to put with EJ, everything else will fall into place slowly. We aren't winning a cup next year so why be so impatient?

Does anybody here think Rusty Klesla will benefit us more in two years than any of Siemens, Barrie, Elliott, Wilson or Hejda?

Why would we give away Mcginn or Downie who are key players for somebody who can easily be replaced in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad